1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Rate & Review 7x06 "Swear"

Discussion in '7x06: Swear' started by Doctor Grimes, Nov 27, 2016.

?

Rate the episode on a scale of 1-10

1. 1

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  2. 2

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  3. 3

4 vote(s)
    5.4%
  4. 4

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  5. 5

9 vote(s)
    12.2%
  6. 6

20 vote(s)
    27.0%
  7. 7

10 vote(s)
    13.5%
  8. 8

15 vote(s)
    20.3%
  9. 9

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  10. 10

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    What did you think of the episode?

2. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    What did you think? I need some time to sit on it. I don't think this required an entire episode, but I thought Alanna handled the material well, I like Tara more now than I did before, and I actually liked the establishment of the Oceanside community.

Katbird, wonderwoman, epiath and 9 others like this.
  3. ShadowSixx

ShadowSixx Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    It was an okay episode. To me they're adding too many characters and writers are just working extra overtime to establish what a threat Negan is by taking over ASZ, Kingdom, & Hilltop and he briefly had Oceanside. The smart thing the Oceanside ladies did was move away which ASZ should be doing. Just get out of ASZ so don't have to keep providing for Negan.

Rosita wanting to leave if Tara found a place to go to but she wanted to fight since she found a shell casing so Eugene can make bullets. t makes me think she'll pull a Carol and abandon ASZ if opportunity presents itself.

Oceanside shooting strangers on site isn't necessarily a bad thing. I see why they do it.

This didn't need an entire episode I agree. These bottle episodes could have easily been merged with other episodes. It would have been nice if they showed what happened to Heath, but he probably stumbled upon another group that's been taken over by Negan.

I would have given Tara a big applause if she had slapped that Rachel out her chair while leaving. Spit at my feet and see what happens we're in a zombie apocalypse so I don't need to worry about police being called.

At this point they might as well eliminate the walkers. They're no longer a threat, any character can get pass them, so show is wasting their time hiring extras to be walkers and put make up on them because they have a big ass cast with ASZ, Hilltop, Oceanside, Saviors, & Kingdom. Way too much.

I'll give it a 6.

4. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I actually enjoyed this more than I thought I would. My only criticism is I don't think this required an entire bottle episode, but I did greatly enjoy the development of Tara's character -- and Alanna shined with this material. The script was tighter than most the others presented this season. And I thought they did a good job introducing an entirely new community.

Ultimately I am mixed since I hate episodes that focus away from what I consider "mains", but this was good.

I give it an 8.

Jenna Alaki, Dobbying, saga and 7 others like this.
  5. I'mStillWithYou

I'mStillWithYou Richonne Trash
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I liked the episode for the most part. It was nice to see a new community of women, but it didn't need the whole episode to do so and certainly not an extended one. I give it a 6. Tara isn't my fave, but I think she did a good job tonight. The flipping off was a nice call back for viewers on her character as well as the shades since she is more laid back.

#5 I'mStillWithYou, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  6. Tori

Tori The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    I gave it a 6. It was just an ok episode for me. I enjoyed the Oceanside people and I liked seeing a new community. I agree that it really didn't need to be a bottle episode.

coffeebean likes this.
  7. Tori

Tori The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    Tara's not my favorite either but I loved her giving that girl the finger. She was really getting on my nerves. I get that this is how they are surviving but teaching the kids to just kill anybody isn't a good idea.

8. 21melpomene

21melpomene Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    I give it a 6.

It wasn't a bad introduction to a new community at all, but it didn't hold my attention half the time. I get the code of the Oceanside women given what the Saviors did to their men and boys, so you can't blame them too much for wanting to protect themselves.

I like Tara generically; she's fine. That's it. I liked her and Cyndie together. (This really is the season of the women, isn't it? It's wonderful to have scores of dynamic women as a counterpoint to a forceful male-centric community and the biggest douche ever. I pity the fool who underestimates a woman...)

I don't care who took Heath, lol. At least he didn't betray Tara.

Denie39, coffeebean and ReeciePiecey like this.
  9. ReeciePiecey

ReeciePiecey Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I give it a 6.5 lol.

I was so uninterested in this episode and decided to give it a chance. For the most part it was a solid entertaining story line but it was too long and should have been story A with Story B being some other characters that we are more familiar with.

This episode was basically a Tara character study which doesn't really make any sense. Out of all the TWD characters they decided to do a character study on Tara of all people? Why? Why was this necessary or important?

I did end up liking Tara more and I'm starting to understand who she is as a character. She seems to stay positive and have good intentions despite bad things happening but she was so naive and trusting and it really irritated me. Some things she did were just dumb. But I loved that she has a defined personality and I loved her scene with Rosita at the end. Despite her pain, Tara stayed true to who she is.

I like the Oceanside setup too and I enjoy seeing how groups live and navigate things. The lesbian jokes were a bit excessive though.

I don't care for Heath at all, whatsoever. I hope he stays lost for a while.

lovingdead likes this.
  10. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I thought it was another solid episode, and it was written well. I give it an 8.

I'm pretty neutral towards Tara, but I enjoyed her in this episode. I thought she was great here, and I liked her interaction with the community and Rachel. :lol: I have a soft spot for murderous children (on television not in reality). I was sad when Lizzie and Ron died, so I'm glad I'm getting another kid to fill their shoes. :sy:

I like Cyndie because she's a sweetheart and as pointed out in the bunker, she reminds me of Glenn. I hope we see more of her.

Oceanside looks like another great community. I'm so glad they hired extras, and it doesn't appear to be as barren as ASZ and the Sanctuary. I really liked looking at the scenery, and the place looked beautiful. From what we've seen of them, the group is badass and their story was understandable.

I was saddened to see that Heath wasn't in this episode much. Although I am happy they didn't make him leave her.

My only criticism has to do with the whole bottle episode format in general. Most of the bottle episode would benefit just being a separate plot thread. But that doesn't appear to change anytime soon, so.

Belle, Denie39, coffeebean and 4 others like this.
  11. AbsoluteTrash

AbsoluteTrash Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Episode was okay. I give it a 6.5/7. I thought the story was okay and I think Alanna did a great job. Tara was very likable and I am going to like her character a whole lot more in the future. Seeing as there is no more Abraham, I figure Tara is going to have to carry all the comedic stuff with Eugene moving forward. The episode was pretty light. Of the bottle episodes this season, I like this one more than The Cell but a little less than The Well.

Also, Negan had the Saviors kill all men and boys above 10 years old??!??!??! He definitely needs to die.

Denie39 and ReeciePiecey like this.
  12. Nicholas

Nicholas Walker Bait

Walker Pets:
    Who was kinda disappointed with TWD new episode "Swear" tonight.

Now let me get something out in the open, I HATE bottle episodes. I despise them, I know that they're usually for character development and I'm cool with that IF, there is actually character development.

I mean am I the only one who thinks that the Tara and Heath bottle episode tonight was just kinda pointless. Bottle episodes are for character development, I learned nothing new about Tara and Heath in this episode.

Examples: Heath whines about how he felt horrible about killing people at the satellite outpost, I already knew that.
    Tara will always drop her weapon and apologize after she fails at escaping from an enemy, I already knew that.
    Tara always tries to reason with people thinking she's some sort of negotiator, but fails at reasoning with said people. Well, I already knew that.

I love TWD, I always will love it, but I can't help but feel like I wasted a whole hour of my life watching total and complete filler.

ReeciePiecey, msbold1, saga and 2 others like this.
  13. Carribean_Queen

Carribean_Queen Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
    What was that dribble? The writers are really getting lazy.

14. Lyra_Nation

Lyra_Nation Young, scrappy, and hungry
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I gave it a 4.

15. chasus

chasus Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I gave it a 4 because this episode should not have been extended or a solo episode it should have been combined with the sanctuary episode.

16. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I liked it but wish it had more of Tara and Heath working together. And it needed Heath because Cory is a great actor. It would have been cool to see how the women of ocean side would have reacted to seeing Heath.

lovingdead and coffeebean like this.
  17. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    All I got outta this was this part. TF u mean he talks about that? DIDN'T GLENN KILL SAID PERSON FOR HIM TO SPARE HEATH FROM DOING IT? Wtf is Heath on? I didn't watch the episode, and I saw in the live viewing thread that he was "on his period" so to speak LOL, but THIS is what his issue was? Cus I don't recall the little spineless bastard killing anyone (damn I turn on people fast LOL).

box5angel and C-Ben like this.
  18. Valerie

Valerie Professional procrastinator....
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'll give it a 7

It was ok, I don't think we needed this bottle episode.
    I guess Tara was ok, not a big fan.
    I did like the Oceanside community and Cyndie was really great, hope to see more of her.
    So I guess we will be seeing Heath next season or maybe we won't and he will join the Morales family and never hear from him again.

Belle and coffeebean like this.
  19. thesamurai

thesamurai The World Is Ours
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I give it a 6.5/7.

I didn't find it as boring as I thought I would. I found the new community interesting. I liked the Oceanside residents and their story on how they survived (and their community is made up of "real" survivors, like our group. I loved that. I also love how it's made up of all women and children). I loved Cydnie. I hope they don't kill her off this season.

I don't think this episode should have been a bottle episode, however. Mostly because I don't care about Tara and Heath (and don't think they ever should have been given a bottle episode in the first place), and also because I feel like the introduction of the new community would have been done just fine if the screen time would have integrated with the rest of the main group (except for Daryl).

Belle likes this.
  20. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I judge each episode in its own based on what happens from start to finish, not how I want the season structured or who I would rather see in it so for me the episode was an 8. I was pleased with the writing and pacing of the episode. The story of this community...who they were how they came to be and how they related to the overall story was told well. Tara was good though out and Cyndie and Rachel were likeable new characters.

I deducted points for the ending. I thought more should have been done with the death reveal but Alaana may not have the acting chops to handle that so I'd rather it be cut than be done poorly.

Belle, Denie39, lovingdead and 8 others like this.