1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Rate & Review 7x07 "Sing Me A Song"

Discussion in '7x07: Sing Me a Song' started by Doctor Grimes, Nov 27, 2016.

?

Rate the episode on a scale of 1 to 10

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  3. 3

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  4. 4

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. 5

9 vote(s)
    10.1%
  6. 6

9 vote(s)
    10.1%
  7. 7

21 vote(s)
    23.6%
  8. 8

25 vote(s)
    28.1%
  9. 9

11 vote(s)
    12.4%
  10. 10

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    What did you think of the ep? Love? Hate? Let us know here!

2. I'mStillWithYou

I'mStillWithYou Richonne Trash
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I give this episode an 8. I think Carl really shined and it did a good job of giving us all the more reasons to dislike Negan especially with the harem, ironing, Olivia interaction, and how he messed with Carl. It was really painful to see Carl go through that and have to remove his bandage and talk about Lori. I wished for more Rick/Aaron/Michonne, but glad we got to see them even a little. I think Rosita was way too harsh on Eugene,as if Abe didn't mean anything to him and she is the only one to hurt. Also, loved Father G and Spencer can kick rocks.

3. ShadowSixx

ShadowSixx Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    I'm giving it a generous 6, not enough Aaron, Jesus, Rick, or Michonne. I was about to give this episode a 5 until Olivia slapped the shit out of Negan so that alone deserves an extra point.

This season is just lacking, with a crappy villain and the show isn't what it use to be. It was fun watching a group of survivors surviving the new world but it has lost its appeal because I'm not seeing it as that anymore. I'm missing that mix of survivors in Shane, Dale, Andrea, Hershel, Jacqui, Glenn, Merle, even Lori with her annoying ass. You know they all had something special about them and they had different ways of dealing with things which made us love them or hate them. Now everyone is kind of stuck on neutral.

Look how long its taking to get back to The Kingdom w/Carol, Morgan, & Ezekiel. Have to wait until next week and got one episode out of the first half of the season. Anyways on to the episode.

Father Gabriel gets a huge applause from me by calling Spencer a shit because that's exactly what he is. Spencer you mother shielded you from the reality of the new world and kept you Alexandrians shielded. So stop looking at Rick as your main source of anger. He's just jealous because he isn't the leader. Let's hurry up and kill Spencer and I won't care which character does it.

I guess this is all we're gonna get out of Rosita. An angry Rosita which she's been from the moment we met her. Does she have another side to her besides being angry? She treats Eugene like shit. Glad Eugene didn't accept her apology cause she said it because he made the bullet for her.

When Michonne is angry at least she has some layers to her so she just isn't angry Michonne. DG is able to bring more substance to her character. Stupid woman trying to take on Michonne and received a bloody head for her stupid efforts.

Didn't care much for the tour of The Savior's camp because Negan continues to be an annoying asshat. He's not even a villain to be scared of because he's just mostly a sadist in a frat boy's body.

I was hoping for Carl to kill more than two Saviors. I was hoping for him to go on a rampage before finally being caught.

Whatever to Dwight and his look of sorrow or whatever at the guy being burned and Negan kissing his wife in front of him. Redemption arc for him is long gone after he came to ASZ and acted like an asshole.

I'm thinking Jesus gave Daryl the key. Jesus don't waste your time saving that dirty ass. Should have slipped some soap, a comb, and some scissors under that door.

Marcie69, treecie, slade3 and 4 others like this.
  4. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    Music at the end was scarier than Negan. I hate his fucking guts. I have never hated a character more in my life. I need him to die NOW.

I have no idea who is thuggiest, Gabe or Carl. I’m not sure why I’m okay with Carl doing all the shit he did… I think it has a lot do with CR and his acting, I just thought he was effing brilliant.

I realized that Aaron and Rick could be brothers they’re so damn beautiful and they look great together side by side.

Spencer is just… outta this world annoying. I mean my God in heaven, way to be a little shit. A BIG little shit.

Father Gabriel is bae af, as usual. He’s one of my favorite characters on the show, hands down. I have literally fallen head over heels in love with him.

Still not feeling sorry for Dwight. Sherry grew on me this episode.

The harem… omg. I am so disgusted. And IDC what no one says, this is rape times a million and I don’t have the stomach for it.

Olivia is perfection.

IDK WHAT THAT SAVIOR BITCH THOUGHT, but she was SADLY mistaken trying to come for Michonne. I thought she was going to try to run over the walkers and make Michonne drop the gun, but she stomped on the breaks instead. OOH. FUCKING ORIGINAL.

THE FACT that everybody and they momma is tyring to get to Negan’s compound is hilarious.

JESUS ON TOP OF THE TRUCK…. 6X10 call back. Cool. I’m here for it.

The eye thing was creepy af. I didn’t like that part. I thought it was cringe-worthy, and I felt super bad for Carl having to sing. Am I the only one that thought CARL would be the one swinging the bat while singing? Not Negan LOL (musta read that wrong).

Rosita… le sigh. I mean I just think she leaves so much to desired. I don’t agree that Eugene is STILL a coward, I think bravery takes time. There’s levels to this shit, everyone can’t be the god of Gangstas like Father Gabe. The fact that he was out there killing walkers was big for him, and I think Rosita is selfish and just wants things her way, at the expense of everyone. She is LITERALLY super annoying.

Like Spencer. Who I hate more and more with each passing second. Every. Fucking. Second. EVERY second.

5. Atributetoorange

Atributetoorange Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    I agree 100%.

Plus, when Negan touch Judith I started yelling at the television: "Get your hands off the baby!"

6. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I gave it a 8, only because Negan/JDM was awesome, while CR was meh, until that last scene in the Sanctuary when he got and defied Negan. It would have been more tense if the kid was actually a good actor, but he is not or was better back in season 4. Negan and Olivia's interaction was awesome, lol

7. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I need to go take a shower. :dale: With bleach. For 12 years.:dale:

Anyway, I'm going to give it a 6. It was nothing special, though I am pleased for Chandler because he finally got some shine, but it wasn't the worst episode I've ever seen. Negan needs to be 5 million feet away from my children though. :grumpy:

Marcie69, LadyJ, SweetDee85 and 2 others like this.
  8. chasus

chasus Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Yes I agree with you on this. I am glad for Chandler he got to do some material. I am till disappointed that the majority of 7A Rick has been sidelined as a cameo he has only been in 2 full episodes and the other 2 were a total of 3 minute appearance, this is unacceptable. I know they are laying out the Negan stuff but still not good.

I see for next week it will be about the same screentime for Negan as we had tonight and I don't think we will see any signs of anything other than Negan getting one up again and again on Rick. My only hope is February comes fast and the 5 episodes Rick is in during 7B is more than 5 minute cameo appearances.

Sorry I went off track easy to do with these Negan heavy episodes. I will post my grade for this episode later.

9. cadence_T

cadence_T Wearing a Necklace of Ears

Walker Pets:
    This is a 5 for me. Again it was way too much Negan and watching the first half of this season, you would think that he was the main character and not Rick.

And I hate to be negative about a child actor but CR needs some serious acting lessons.

mellowalkerstalker likes this.
  10. RichonneLvr218

RichonneLvr218 Counting the days until March 5, 2017
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I was expecting so much more from this episode. I give it a four, and I think I'm being generous. It was way too little Michonne and Rick, way too much Negan, his people, and Rosita. This show used to be so gripping, so must see, but it's become a chore to watch when I'm not getting Richonne, and that wasn't always the case.

Chandler was great in his scenes, but it was all reactionary to Negan being an ass, except that one tidbit when Carl suggested Negan jump out the window, because Carl was going to kill him, and he didn't know who TF was. That was good stuff, but too little of it.

I don't want to know any more about Negan. I just want him dead already, and for the group to go back to being the survivors they are. The little we got of Michonne, she was in her badass glory, and I loved it, but we should've gotten more of her. I hope next week is better, because I felt like I wasted 78 minutes tonight.

11. 21melpomene

21melpomene Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    I'd give it a 7.5 if I could but will stick with just 7.

Highlights:
    • Carl telling Negan off later on in the episode, spouting his theory that Negan's scared to take them out. I liked the camera angle - Carl was in the power position. Chandler did a good job tonight, especially when he had to get upset at Negan's reaction to his missing eye.
    • Michonne taking out the Savior with basically just her left arm, lol. Girl please, you thought. Get driving.
    • Negan swinging Lucille while Carl was singing. Even though I knew he wasn't going to hit Carl, it was still disconcerting.
    • Olivia bitch-slapping Negan. It was kind of amazing. *Watches Talking Dead* I KNEW she really slapped the shit out of him!! :allthethings:
    • Father Gabriel slamming Spencer. "It doesn't have to be terminal." LOL I gave a high-pitched, excited squeal: "OOOHHHH!" :allthethings::allthethings:
    • That Rosita said what was on her mind about Eugene. I still don't really care for Eugene, so hearing her dog him didn't make me mad at her. She's angry. It's an understandable rant, even if misplaced now (Eugene saved Tara in season 5, volunteered to drive the RV to distract the Saviors last season -- he's not a coward anymore).
    • Negan's overall interest in Carl. Yes, it is creepy, but I don't mind the creepiness as long as it serves a purpose. JDM makes Negan come across as genuinely taken with Carl and I'm interested in where that can go. I want to see them toy with each other and figure each other out. Negan looked fascinated by Carl's assertion that he couldn't kill Rick and the group. I think he liked that someone tried to analyze him because until then no one probably had the gumption to try to.
    • The line "It's like talking to a birthday present!" and Negan screwing with that peon who brought in Lucille made me lol.
    Grievances:
    • I miss Rick.
    • I still don't care about Sherry or Dwight. I feel worse for Sherry though.
    • I'm caring less and less about Daryl and I wish I cared more.
    • That that walker didn't fall on Spencer.
    • Another extended episode that I don't feel put enough material in it. I always feel like I've seen nothing/gotten basically nothing out these episodes. That's a running thing for me this season. I don't even care that the mid-season finale is upon us. 7B, make me fall in love with this show again...
    Bonus for Talking Dead Highlights:
    • Chris Hardwick is related to a legit hillbilly. :lol:

#11 21melpomene, Dec 4, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    Denie39, CDCsuzy, Marcie69 and 7 others like this.
  12. C-Ben

C-Ben Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
    I gave it an 8. I enjoyed the episode and the pacing was better. I loved Olivia slapping sleazy Negan and I laughed a few times. I can't wait for the next episode. It better have more Rick.

Denie39, Marcie69 and I'mStillWithYou like this.
  13. chasus

chasus Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    sadly it looks like next week will be more of the same, all this negan is a drain even if the episode was a little better with the negan stuff. Truth is I am really upset that everyone else aside from the lead of this show is getting more dialogue and action. I don't care for Rosita because she is still the same as she was before Abe's death. she talked bad to Eugene then. I am all for the others to shine but when it keeps the lead at cameo status I have a problem with this. Now we know what this show would be like without Rick. I am just annoyed right now and I will not be watching the mid season finale live. this is the first for me especially hen Rick and Michonne are in an episode

Marcie69, hewontgo and msbold1 like this.
  14. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm going to give it a 7...mostly because I'm so relieved that Carl got his Sanctuary arc. I also loved Olivia's slap, Rick waking up to check the walkie like a sad husband checking his cell phone while on a business trip. Our boy misses his girl something fierce! :sadrick:

I thought JDM did a good job tonight with making Negan more menacing and less clown like and Chandler was terrific. I loved the 2.5 minutes of screentime Michonne had and cheered when she taught that Savior lady who was boss.

Her roadblock was '300' old school and I loved it!

The harem is no harem....it's a bunch of poor women who are being coerced and have no free will. That makes Negan a rapist and therefore irredeemable in my eyes. That prison cell Morgan built is too good for him. He needs to be surrounded by dirt and with no heartbeat at the end of AOW. Sadly, that won't happen but it's my wish.

Points detracted for the show over doing it with Negan's tyrannical form of rule. How has he not been overthrown? Who in the hell would stay there? I just don't get it.

There was a lot of tension and menace in the episode and I was definitely engaged. I'm resentful over the bait and switch with how little screentime Rick and Michonne received vs. how much they were featured in the promos.

Will they appear for more than 5-6 minutes in the msf?? Who knows?

15. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I gave it a 7. Mainly for Carl, Olivia, Father G, and what little we saw of Rick and Michonne. But also for a lot that we didn't see of Rick and Michonne. Thought the fight between Michonne and the savior would be more to it. But she was still badass though. Just the way the spoilers made it seem like it was more. I can understand the amount of Negan because of Carl and focus so it wasn't so bad. Just wished it was more Rick and Michonne and their separate scenes.

I was really liking Rosita these past episodes but tonight with how she treated Eugene, on the fence with that one. But I liked how when she tried to apologize, Eugene is like, yeah you meant it. Maybe not the words but the intent, and that she was feeling guilty. And he wanted to go back to the awkward silence. LOL Cause I believe that that's the only reason she apologized because of guilt, not because she truly felt bad about what she said.

#15 box5angel, Dec 4, 2016
  16. Vivis

Vivis Caressing Eugene's Mullet
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Well, I think there were a couple of good moments, such as Carl and Negan interaction - mainly when Negan asks him to show his wound. For me that was great moment for Chandler to shine and he did. Above all, it showed that even thought Carl faced all the horror he did on the ZA he's still a KID. And Chandler played that moment beautifully. I loved OLivia slapping Negan's face and JDM was also great in this episode. He really portrayed Negan as a crazy disturbed paychopath. But there were some not so good things like Rosita - she's so annoying. Poor Eugene! And Spencer being a douche. And of course I was mislead by AMC's sneak peak as there were barely Michonne, Rick and Aaron. To benquerença honest I'd settle for more Rick as he's the leading man but where's been?? Not sure what people will think about it. So overall, it was a 6 because of Carl.

17. SweetDee85

SweetDee85 Richonne Trash
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I gave it a 5. Not really impressed. Too much Negan. I only liked when Carl stood up to him, Olivia's slap and Father Gabriel reading Spencer.

I am a bit peeved that Rick was only in the episode for 2 minutes. That is totally unacceptable as the LEAD. Same with Michonne. She was only in it for 2 minutes as well. Ugh. They are sidelining the main characters to shove Negan down our throats. I used to be so excited for this show to come on each Sunday, now honestly, I'm just going through the motions. This is not the same show I fell in love with. I will not be surprised if the ratings go down again for this episode. People are just over it. Can't blame them.

SevenStars, Marcie69, treecie and 8 others like this.
  18. Atributetoorange

Atributetoorange Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    She is a GOAT warrior, even though she was only featured for 2 and half minutes, nobody unless they are blind or a wall will leave this episode think she is weak or mild.

Michonne again is a badass. The BADDEST Badass ever!

19. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    FUCKING THANK YOU CR for confirming that Carl knows Judith isn't Rick's. OMFG

20. ClassicWoman

ClassicWoman Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    I gave it a 8. Carl was more interesting to watch than Tara for me by far. I thought the scene where he had to remove his bandage was going to be cringe worthy but it was actually well done and CR made me feel Carls pain and embarrassment about his eye - I bet only Michonne sees him without it covered.

Negan....ugh.. i think i just hate JDM's voice at this point. But all his scenes just showed what a complete loser he was before the ZA...like never having the chance to be with a lot of women, getting people to respect him, being a dad, etc. Hes not super interesting or special. no surprise there...also why was he acting like he hadn't been in Alexandria before?

Father G and Spencer...see Spencer thats why you dont go around talking shit...you got the priest calling you out! I lol at Spencer thinking he can do better than Rick. Have a seat, sir. Can't wait for the next episode.

Michonne....my sweet baby Michonne. Always finding a way and handling business. Im wondering if she will go to the compund and meet up with Jesus and Daryl...annnddd theres still something going on with that walkie and Rick. I forsee some angst.

I literally hate all the Alexandrians (except Aaron) including Olivia. i thought her outburst after Negan taunted her about her weight was irritating...Especially since Carl cried earlier about his eye which is a pretty horrific and traumatizing injury.

I'm really just eager to see the gang together next episode or the back half of the season. Everyone is doing their own thing instead of working together and its getting exhausting to watch

#20 ClassicWoman, Dec 4, 2016
    DarkandStormy, slade3 and MamaGrimes like this.