1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Rate & Review 7x07 "Sing Me A Song"

Discussion in '7x07: Sing Me a Song' started by Doctor Grimes, Nov 27, 2016.

?

Rate the episode on a scale of 1 to 10

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  3. 3

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  4. 4

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. 5

9 vote(s)
    10.1%
  6. 6

9 vote(s)
    10.1%
  7. 7

21 vote(s)
    23.6%
  8. 8

25 vote(s)
    28.1%
  9. 9

11 vote(s)
    12.4%
  10. 10

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I'm kind of tired of being disappointed every week.

Michroolz and hewontgo like this.
  2. Dobbying

Dobbying Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    I would hate to have a 'Rosita in the harem' storyline! I'm really glad she is getting a storyline separate from who she is sleeping with this season and am happy to keep it that way!

Maggie and Rosita had the most open reactions in the line up so he assumed they were Glenn and Abe's significant others, missing the Sasha-Abraham connection. He only asked about Maggie because he likes widows :dale:

lovingdead likes this.
  3. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    [​IMG]

Shane 2.0

Everyone wants what Rick has

4. Philly Girl

Philly Girl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I hear you girl. It is pretty bad. I am going to give them the rest of the season. If this is now going to be the Negan show I'm out. I need my peeps back, up front and center. Especially Rick and what's left of the core group.

richonneromance likes this.
  5. Philly Girl

Philly Girl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I liked Shane better.

candi18z and hewontgo like this.
  6. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I understand why you'd feel this way, but I hope you'll give 7b a chance. Gimple said there will be lighter moments and I think will come in 7b.

I'm not a Spencer or Rosita fan, but seeing them together with Father Gabriel and Eugene in 7x07, well even that made me happier than seeing Negan, Dwight and Sherry. I think once TF finds their way back to each other, even though their circumstances will still be dire, things will feel right again.

gmc_vitamind and MrsG like this.
  7. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I think I actually agree with you on this one.... Or maybe the MSF break will allow me to "miss" the show while it's gone, and then when it comes back I'll be ready. I think it has a lot to do with me still being bitter over the CH, this show has really left a bad taste in my mouth and they've done nothing to really assuage it say for a couple of Richonne nuggets. If that's all they have to offer, then that's all I'll look for (and maybe some Sasha/Maggie cus I think their friendship is beautiful).

richonneromance likes this.
  8. slade3

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think the CH was a big mistake and has left a bad taste for many viewers. TPTB didn't take into account that dedicated fans don't like to be manipulated. I think many of us would have forgiven the cliffhanger if they hadn't continued to play games with us in season 7. I hope 7b is better and I think it will be. But I'm sadly not sure.

Michroolz likes this.
  9. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Great observation!!!

BumpinGrimes likes this.
  10. BumpinGrimes

BumpinGrimes Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    ITA. Reviewers lose credibility with me when they don't even know the names of main characters, don't mention Michonne even when she's in an episode, or seem like they have never watched a season of the show before.

I also agree with the point the reviewer made about 1) maybe some of the negativity Shane was spouting about Rick still holds a tiny space of real estate in Carl's brain and 2) Nobody loves Negan, they just fear him. He definitely wants what Rick has.

11. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

Yeah that was a good point about Shane. It kind of made me sad to read some of Chandler's commentary on the episode. Carl saw all of those people kneeling and he was fascinated by it a bit and thought about how people in Asz don't respect Rick like that. I get it...that's the mind of a teenage boy but ugh they don't respect Negan, they fear him which is a big difference. Rick wouldn't even want people kneeling anyway

12. Philly Girl

Philly Girl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I believe that they forgot one thing in the TV vs. Graphic Novel Carl - Negan relationship. In the comic Carl is like 10 years old. TV Carl is at least 14. The bullshit a 10 year old will fall for ain't what a 14 year old will fall for. Carl has been surrounded by some good, honorable people in his life after the apocalypse two of whom were murdered by Negan. He has also shown an affinity for helping people, so we know he has a big heart. I think it would be OOC for him to form an attachment to a man who killed his friends/family members, steals from his community, irons people's faces and kidnaps and holds hostage a man who is like family to him. Let alone the fact that this man insults and debases your father every chance he gets. 10 year old Carl might not have "gotten" it but the 14 year old Carl that we have seen grow and evolve over the years would. Just like the Jessie arc they couldn't resist putting it in there even though it doesn't fit the TV situation they have set up.

13. Philly Girl

Philly Girl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Wait, what? When did that happen?

14. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    On TTD CH asked if Carl would think differently of his father if he knew that Judith wasnt his, ans Chandler said he thought Carl suspected and that it was obvi that Lori and Shane had hooked up when they thought Rick was dead

15. Noshiko

Noshiko Wearing a Necklace of Ears
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    There is something about the episode that I don't understand I hope you can help me :embarrass:

How long has it been dince Rick and Aaron left ? Because for it seems like it has been just one day so I don't get it why Aaron And Rick were sleeping.

Habitually I don't mind about timeline thing but here it makes nonsense.

16. MadameCassie

MadameCassie Wearing a Necklace of Ears

Walker Pets:
    I'm surprised that the GA is warming up to Negan lol.

17. slade3

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Some of us expressed confusion about the timeline a few pages back, too. Below is a post by Dobbying with a possible timeline explanation:

Atributetoorange likes this.
  18. Denie39

Denie39 Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Gave it a 9. Loved it. Took a point off because Negan still irritates me.

It was all about Carl for me. CR did great. Sure, Carl made a dangerous move, but it’s setting the stage for Rick to come to his senses. And this is why I’ve been frustrated with 7A: Rick not biding his time to fight back. I get why he isn’t fighting, but he’s going to come to realize living under Negan just isn’t a feasible option. Fighting back mindlessly isn’t an option either. He’s got to put his thinking cap on, something he’s going to realize very soon.

Carl’s actions also revealed a bit more about Negan, who is getting less and less annoying, but still on my sh*t list, each week. Team Family has made him nervous from the door. I saw it in Negan’s eyes when Carl snapped on him. His leadership is slipping and perhaps deep down he knows the way he’s doing things cannot last.

I totally get why Rosita was snippy with Eugene, but proud of him for keeping it real and clapping back.

Still feel nothing for Dwight or Sherry. Dwight’s bitter attitude leaves me cold. It is quite pathetic how he just keeps trying to justify everything. Even Sherry is like, “Dude, this is objectively awful. Can we at least stop pretending?”

Rick looking at the walkie-talkie when he woke up, clearly thinking, “Baby? Call me.”

Michonne showing that Savior lady what time it was. I don’t think she is on a Carl-like mission, though. I sense she is up to something else. But I could be wrong.

Can’t wait for the MSF. It really seems like things are gearing up.

#138 Denie39, Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    Mousey likes this.
  19. Denie39

Denie39 Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Forgot to add Olivia's SLAP. I was like:
    [​IMG]

20. Philly Girl

Philly Girl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    He can have Carl.