1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Rate & Review 7x07 "Sing Me A Song"

Discussion in '7x07: Sing Me a Song' started by Doctor Grimes, Nov 27, 2016.

?

Rate the episode on a scale of 1 to 10

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  3. 3

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  4. 4

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. 5

9 vote(s)
    10.1%
  6. 6

9 vote(s)
    10.1%
  7. 7

21 vote(s)
    23.6%
  8. 8

25 vote(s)
    28.1%
  9. 9

11 vote(s)
    12.4%
  10. 10

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Mischonne

Mischonne Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    Seriously Carl is getting Rick into more trouble. First he pulls a gun on the Savior and by doing so reminds Negan..... oh yeah they have guns I better take them.

Then Carl goes on a rogue mission and gets captured by Negan. As a result Negan feels compelled to bring Carl back home so he taunt Rick. Because of Carl Negan was all up in Rick's business literally.
    Carl Carl Carl.

DarkandStormy likes this.
  2. sharky

sharky Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    It's hard to root for Carl when we see how much Rick goes through to protect him and then he does the most reckless shit ever. I know he has good intentions but damn. I really hope we get a scene with Carl acknowledging that he screwed up badly, and Rick calling him out for it too. Only bad things can come from Negan knowing about Judith.

DarkandStormy likes this.
  3. saga

saga Watchtower Sniper
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I thought it was great. I went with a 10.

First of all, Chandler was great.

Second of all, JDM was also great. And I appreciated that he was more human-scary than comic-scary. It's like you can see his whole shtick so clearly, and his semi-fascination with this kid who was raised in the zombie apocalypse reality, and I was struck by his interactions with Carl so much. So beautifully played, and you can see it all on JDM's face and in his eyes, when he's not doing the whole Negan The Scary Clown act (which I also think he is awesome at, but it's nice to see Negan drop the act, which he does do with Carl and with the women, to some degree).

The various assorted Savior minor characters were great. I looked away for the hot iron thing. I looked away from the page when I read it in the comic way back when, too. LOL Oh, and in the ASZ thank you Olivia for that smack. Seriously thank you.

Father Gabriel is beyond awesome now. His trajectory from asshole to awesome gives me life.

I'm sorry to see Daryl suffer. Yes, am definitely in the minority. LOL But the effect on Carl of the two biggest heroes/badasses in his life having been entirely subjugated before his eyes, and him having to watch in Technicolor, well, it's kind of necessary for our Carl's developmental milestones, isn't it. Sorry, Daryl luv.

And Queen Michonne is Queen. Long Live the Queen. And be careful out there, Your Majesty.

And fuck you Spencer I will be so glad to see you go.

Oh. And Negan with Judith and Carl on the porch. Holy shit. Just say that again: Negan with Judith and Carl on the porch. It's like saying "Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra." You don't even have to know what actually happened on the porch (or at Tanagra, for that matter) to have it just conjure up a whole huge uncontrollable emotional brain freeze. I don't even want to think about Rick coming back home to that sight.

Seriously, I just was so caught up in all of it and all of them this episode, start to finish.

[​IMG]

#143 saga, Dec 7, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  4. richonneromance

richonneromance Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    I'll check out the episode reviews here and garner whether I'll watch or not.
    I'm sure there'll be at least one 7B episode that draws me back in...:notlooking:

5. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Gave it a 7/10.

I really enjoyed Chandler's scenes. He played off Carl against Negan very well, and I was little disappointed that it ended so early even though I'm sure they covered all the comic bases. My heart leapt when Carl was taking his bandage off and his hands shook. Reminded me of when his hand shook when Rick was threatened to cut off his arm. Little details like that get to me. :sadrick:

This was actually one of the episodes where I thought we really didn't need to touch bases with everyone or if we did, then we should have gotten more than what we were given. Rick and Michonne are my favourite, but if that was all they were going to show of them, then it would have been better served for the next episode. But to be honest, I would have just axed Spencer's scenes instead.