1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Rate & Review 7x08 "Hearts Still Beating"

Discussion in '7x08: Hearts Still Beating' started by Doctor Grimes, Nov 27, 2016.

?

Rate the episode on a scale of 1 to 10

1. 1

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  6. 6

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  7. 7

6 vote(s)
    4.4%
  8. 8

14 vote(s)
    10.3%
  9. 9

53 vote(s)
    39.0%
  10. 10

59 vote(s)
    43.4%
  1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    What did you think of the last episode before the winter hiatus? Good? Bad? Somewhere in between? Let us know!

lovingdead and box5angel like this.
  2. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Gave it a 9/10.

I loved this episode because it gave me what I wanted for so long. TF fighting back, and naturally, that would take some time, but damn, it felt like forever. This episode did a good job with pacing, and it did so well incorporating everyone into the mix. Bring on 7B :maggie:

3. ShadowSixx

ShadowSixx Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    I'm giving it an 8. I'm deducting 2 points for Aaron & Rick bringing back the supplies with the note still there. Don't know why they didn't get rid of it or Aaron didn't put it in his pocket. It made absolutely no sense. Lost another point for Rosita being a dumbass and trying to kill Negan in front of other Saviors and could have gotten a lot of them killed and her stupidity got Olivia killed and Eugene taken away. Stupid dumbass.

Loved the ending with TF minus Enid. She's not an original Family member. She's just an annoying mosquito. Glad Rick is gonna fight now and that Michonne and Maggie were right, they can't bend over and take it.

Greg is still a douche but he didn't have to give up his apple for Maggie. Enid or Sasha wold have been more than happy to bring her some food.

I was hoping Richard would have gotten through to Morgan and Carol but they're still stuck in dreamland where they shouldn't have to kill anyone which they're still oblivious to the world that they're in now. I'm liking Richard so far.

So tired of people treating Eugene like shit. It gets really bothersome after a while.

The death of the blonde girl who was hitting on Spencer, Arad or whatever her name is, and the two guys who beat up Aaron, their deaths can't come fast enough. Isn't one of them the ones that was being all creepy with Enid?

I'm wondering how Negan is gonna react to Daryl escaping, but I guess since he has Eugene it's not gonna be a great loss.

Good riddance Spencer!!! Death was well deservied for him being a stupid little bitch with all that sucking up thinking that he and Negan were going to be frat buddies. Just because Deanna was a leader didn't mean you were suited to take over.

I did get my 3 eyecandy in Aaron, Jesus, and Rick:hearts:

4. QueenTee

QueenTee Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I'm giving it a solid 10!
    I was really pleased with this episode.
    Everything seemed balanced and focused. I especially enjoyed the focusing of Michonne's internal battle and how Rick needed her not just emotionally but mentally.
    Their conversation was literally perfect. That kiss of a new beginning was...just
    [​IMG]

I also really enjoyed Negan killing Spencer :negan:
    And the reunion of Daryl and Rick was a tearjerker for me as well.
    Ohhh...and of course, Rick back with his Python was everythang :merle:

5. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I can't even process right now, this episode was everything I wanted!!!!

Michonne's speech was so damn good, she fucking STOLE the whole episode. She missed nothing by being out of Alexandria. Richonne made this whole show.

Spencer's guts, YES!

That reunion scene was so beautiful, Rick getting his gun back, yaaaaaaas!!!

This epiosde was a 10/10

6. leela

leela Slopping Pigs
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    10 10 10!!! This episode was amazing RICHONNE:hearts:,TF reuniting:hug:
    bring on 7B.

7. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I gave it a 9. I was bored during the Carol/Morgan scenes, and a little bored during the Carol/Richard/Morgan scenes. Richard elevated it to not so bored but still bored nonetheless.

I loved all the scenes with individual TF members. Missions, escape, defiance, resignation, douchebagness, etc.

Of course, I loved the Richonne near the end. The hug, tears, Michonne's speech, Rick deciding to fight, and that freaking kiss.

Most of TF coming together. Richonne holding hands when the gates opened. Hugs, reunions between TF, and inanimate objects.

It was all so good! :beth: :thumbsup:. :bravo:

I said I probably wasn't going to watch or live tweet (I didn't do that). But I'm glad I didn't listen to my saltiness, and decided to watch and talk with you all live on here. :)

8. Selfyshhh

Selfyshhh Survivor of Many Disasters
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I give this episode 9/10. I consistently talk about Michonne not having many lines and my girl got a monologue. Take that Negan, you ain't the only one that get those.

This is how most episodes should've been all season. Giving us a little bit of everything. Spencer was a puss, so his death brought no tears. Olivia made me sad cause she had an out but wanted to stay true to her word and watch Judith. That is badass when you stay in the same room with a knowing killer when you could've went home. Poor Aaron don't know how to explain himself but can take a beating. I think Negan shouldn't let his subjects talk to Rick like that. He may can mind fuck Rick but not the rest of the saviors.

Daryl storyline, still don't get it but he got out and gave Rick back Kevin!!!' (Mom from home alone voice). We finally learn the psyche of Rosita and how her value had a lot to do with Abraham. Did she not learn from any of the women in her family. You make yourself valuable. Father Gabriel spitting that knowledge like it was poetry. The pool scene with spencer is my favorite moment with Negan, it just flowed well.

Richonne....Richonne....Richonne.... I wanted to be like :creepin: and watch them in that jail cell. A hug, holding hands, boost your man up speech and a kiss that insinuated they did a lot of groping l, maybe a quickie. Just saying....

The family hugging and standing together. I really liked this episode.

9. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Searching for Sophia

Walker Pets:
    Giving it a 9. Deducting a point because of Rosita's dumb ass.

slade3 and QueenTee like this.
  10. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    So many fucking thoughts. Omg. OH MY GOD.

Okay, first of all, this effing episode undid EVERY WOE IS ME BULLSHIT ASS EPISODE of the season.... One of the greatest episodes in TWD history. SEE GIMPLE, you incompetent asshole, you CAN do episodes like this. Insert Gotta Kick it Up gif:
    [​IMG]
    It means 'yes we can'.

Austin AKA #WhiteBoyBae will be missed. Spencer not so much. Not at all. Not ever.

JUDITH IS STILL THE CUTEST CHILD TO EVER LIVE. Point blank and the whole period. #OlsenTwinsWho

I think Rosita and Enid are the two most annoying characters/people in the WORLD, living or dead, Apocalypse or no apocalypse. W/ that said... that moment between Rosita and Sasha was EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGG. And freaking Gabe and Rostia was really nice too.

SPEAKING OF GABE... Oh my God.... #PriestBae. I can be his first lady. Seriously. My father is a pastor, I'm destined to have a preacher man for a husband anyway. In regards to Gabe...
    [​IMG]

Michonne... first of all... DG as an actress period. She came to slay, not play, so SLAY QUEEN, SLAY. She is SO amazing. Her acting is so underrated on this show, and often pushed aside but my GOD did she fucking deliver tonight. The EMOTION on her face in that cell scene.... Now MICHONNE.... WHAT a fucking speech. Girl I was ready to fight. I just LOVE the fact that she inspired Rick to fight. It was the return of #Whipped!Rick and fighting Rick LOL.

Sasha and Enid greatly annoyed me. IDK who Enid thinks she is, questioning, Sasha like an adult. Why don't you drink a glass of milk and go to take a nap.

W/ that said, I LOVED the moment between Carl and Enid at the end. So cute.

SPEAKING OF CARL, THE LOOK yall! Rick killed Carl w/ that look. Carl is dead.

Also, speaking of dead, RIP to Olivia. She didn't deserve that in the least.

This budding bromance between Aaron and Rick is seriously the most beautiful thing I've ever witnessed. I LOVE it, I am here for it, I support it, I need it.
    [​IMG]

Carol. Fucking blah. Fucking rude. Fucking annoying. Fucking selfish. Fuck OFF. AND IF ONE MORE GOT DAMN MAN BEGS CAROL FOR ANYTHING.

MORGAN! Why would you get my hopes up about killing again only to destroy my fucking soul like that? Their blood WILL be on your hands. Get OVER yourself. Still love you #WalkingStickBae.

Oh look. Daryl escaped. Woohoo. WHATEVER. BTW him eating peanut butter was the fucking grossest thing I've seen on this show. Ew.

STILL mad Maggie is just a okay w/ Daryl having gotten Glenn killed. But whatever.

GREGORY MUST DIE.

THE FAM HAS REUNITED. Final-fucking-ly. Been waiting EIGHT EPISODES FOR THIS.

And nowwwwwwwww for the biggie. Fucking Richonne. Oh my dear Jesus. Dear BLACK Jesus. I just... I mean AL and DG deliver EVERY SINGLE TIME. Y'all. We got a hug. WE GOT A HUG. We got a RICHONNE hug. Just that... and then a BEAUTIFUL and eloquent speech by Michonne, and then another kiss that
    ABSOLUTELY led to cell sex, idc what no one says, AND THEN THE HAND HOLD WHEN THEY ARRIVED AT HILLTOP, looking like Dumbledore's GOT DAMN Army
    [​IMG]
    I mean I can't get enough of those two. Will NEVER get enough of those two. My fanfic brain is in fucking overdrive. I'm beyond obsessed w/ them. #AllHailRichonne

11. sharky

sharky Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    I'm saying a 9, the best episode of 7A.

The whole 90 minutes of the episode was engaging and just flew by whereas a lot of the prior episodes dragged quite a bit... They learned how to cut between characters and locations effectively just in time for midseason break :daleeye:

Some GREAT scenes ie Michonne's monologues, Rosita and Gabe, post-guts was very intense, TEAM FAMILY REUNION D: It was done so well and got me hype. And am I wrong or are they actually showing some sort of character growth in Daryl ?! Him killing Fat Joey was DARK for him! I loved it because it's the first time Daryl has surprised me in SEASONS.

The only reason it's not a perfect 10 is because again JDM's performance of Negan still takes me out of the show. He ruined the gut scene, it was just cheesy and not unsettling like it should have been. And don't tell me Rosita would miss that shot. It's insulting to her character for all this build up and she can't land a shot 6 feet in front of her? At least tweak the scene a bit where Rosita is making the shot from a far distance or it's more chaotic ... something :| I didn't enjoy Carol's scenes either but the quick pace of the episode let me not be bothered by it too much.

But overall a great episode and it left me very hopeful for 7B !

12. ALDGRichonneLover

ALDGRichonneLover "I wanted it to be ours, me and you"
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Nestled in Ricks' murder coat and Michonnes' jeans
    Custom Banner
    I will come back.. I just cannot process anything right now.. I am just too much in my feels right now....

13. Lolololove3

Lolololove3 Den Mother
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    This shit saved 7A and I was so salty when I read the summary.

I can't even think straight. I loved it.

I didn't know I needed that reunion scene but I did, I needed it so bad.

The Richonne scene was perfection.

I can't even type my thoughts so bye

14. 21melpomene

21melpomene Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    This was a 10 for me. The best episode of the season so far.

Highlights:
    • Structuring the episode so we could check in with all the characters we care about. Allowing them to voice their motivations (Morgan still not being okay with killing, Carol’s struggle to be left alone, Michonne’s realization that it’s not a singular entity that should take on Negan but a family effort, etc.) and play off each other in expected and unexpected pairs (Sasha and Enid; Rosita and Gabriel; Richard with Carol and Morgan). I was never bored. :corn:
    • Gregory forking over his apple to Maggie. Also Maggie’s eating like a horse. Feed that baby, girl! :cupcake:
    • Judith and Carl giving Negan sour faces. LAWL
    • Eugene admitting he likes watching. :creepin:
    • Wrapping up Spencer’s character arc. Everything he’d been saying earlier came to a head in this episode. He had no faith in Rick and too much in himself, so it’s believable he’d pull a bitch move and try to gain Negan’s favor. I’d actually forgotten he was to get it in this one, so I clapped my hands to my mouth when Negan shanked him, so the surprise/cruelty factor was there too. :eek:
    • Gabe letting Rosita know he cared and that she had a place in their future plans to fight
    • Eugene speaking up to save everyone else. The look he gave Rosita was so appropriate too if heartbreaking.
    • Sasha trying to protect Maggie and her unborn baby from the burden of trying to end Negan.
    • I legitimately cried at Michonne’s speech. It was so beautiful and full of so much of her strength, but I also sensed a lot of Glenn there too. She’s right. We need everyone in on this together, and we need Rick. “We” as in TF, “We” as in she, “We” as in the audience. DG’s performance in that scene is spectacular. You can see the love, the hope, the determination, the passion—everything.
    • The reunion. Everyone hugging really touched me, especially Maggie hugging Rick and Michonne (more Magchonne!). Then there was Rick and Daryl. Come on, guys. I know most of y’all don’t like Daryl, but seeing the “brothers” back together melts some of the ice off your heart, doesn’t it? It did mine. And then Michonne’s kiss was the cherry on top. As much as I blame Daryl for Glenn, I don’t want him to be in a hell cell, eternally suffering. I’m glad he’s back where he belongs. :crydaryl: And then he gives Rick the Colt Python. What a hopeful symbol. Honestly, this ending left me feeling amazing. The light streaming through the fencing, the music, the group striding together, moving forward together…it’s everything my fangirl heart needed. I loved it.
    Talking Dead Bonus:
    • Austin Nichols admitting playing douchey Spencer kinda sucked. Yeah, I bet it did. P.S. I’ve always thought he was hot. Ever since Glory Road.
    • Kirkman’s confirming that Michonne’s steadfast strength is what spurs Rick to agree to fight.
    • Kirkman saying he’s sick of Daryl. I know he’s trolling as he always does but hearing him say it tickled me.
    • That Rhonda woman on Skype who said, “I’m a therapist…so when I hear people love Negan, I’m like ‘Really?’” :lol:

Thing that Could’ve Been Better:
    • Whatever the Lady Savior said to Michonne—I didn’t get it really. Was she okay with dying? If anyone would like to elaborate, I’d appreciate it.
    • The Richonne hug wasn't long enough imo. TRUST ME, I'm happy we got it. I'm just being Susan Sarandon in Rocky Horror: "I've tasted blood and I want MOAR." At least they kissed too. :hearts:
    Thing that I’m Indifferent About:
    • Daryl’s killing Fat Joey. I get why he did it. Do I think he had to do it? No. But I’m not going to hold it against him unlike Glenn's death.

#14 21melpomene, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  15. Leannan

Leannan Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    I'm giving it 8. I deducted two points for the Carol and Morgan scene. We could've seen their pacifist struggle in one scene. and Rosita stupidity. Over Spencer? really?

The rest of the points go to team family and Michonne. I enjoyed no longer having the weird bottle episodes of no one saying what needs to be said which was their own internal struggle towards fighting the saviors and their blame for the deaths of Abraham and Glenn
    This episode, especially shows the motto 'after the storm' Michonne and rick leading the family towards the family that's still living, Maggie and Sasha and Daryl.
    Also Maggie, she's just so pure even after all the destruction she still has a light and truth. I'm glad she's not like the comics and blamed Rick. Maggie sees the bigger picture, she believes in what her family is and so does Michonne.

Overall I'm proud how the women and my favorite characters just stood out. Rick, Maggie, Sasha, Carl and of course never least Michonne. We saw facets of all of them from the original seasons we've loved so much and the writers gave us hope to look forward to February.
    The hugs.were.everything.

16. idcabtthisish

Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Question did ASZ WALK to fucking HT or nah?

17. sharky

sharky Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    Yeah I'm really hoping we get to see the convo between them about this in 7B, it's too big for them to just sweep under the rug although I know this show does that at times... At this point I know they're going to have Maggie be forgiving but I still want to see Daryl having to face her about it :tdog:

18. idcabtthisish

Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    On TTD NR keeps saying "I just hope Maggie forgives Daryl" he bought it up like five effing times or so, so I do think it'll come back up. And I agree, we know she forgives him, but I'd like SOME sort of acknowledgment that YES it IS his fault. And a punch in the fucking face would be wonderful BUT I know I'm asking for too much.

19. Leannan

Leannan Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    I hoped they went old school and walked a few miles.

lovingdead likes this.
  20. chasus

chasus Resting on the Love Pallet
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I know I can't even think straight now that richonne scene has me shaking with joy I will post my review later...woooooo