1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Rate & Review 7x08 "Hearts Still Beating"

Discussion in '7x08: Hearts Still Beating' started by Doctor Grimes, Nov 27, 2016.

?

Rate the episode on a scale of 1 to 10

1. 1

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  6. 6

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  7. 7

6 vote(s)
    4.5%
  8. 8

14 vote(s)
    10.5%
  9. 9

51 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. 10

58 vote(s)
    43.6%
  1. Philly Girl

Philly Girl Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    It was clear. She shot Savior girl like a boss and handled her business like a pro. Hail to the queen.

RichonneAlexandria, Katbird and MrsG like this.
  2. Philly Girl

Philly Girl Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    She is perfect. To leave that loose end would have been stupid and my girl ain't stupid and would have come back to hurt her family. That was a wrap from the time she got in that car.

RichonneAlexandria, Katbird and MrsG like this.
  3. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

He didn't really explain what he was doing accurately. He said he was going to try and work with them so that maybe down the line things could change. He didn't say he was going to try and get Rick murdered so he could take over.

cadence_T, Marcie69 and SweetDee85 like this.
  4. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

I was kind of surprised people missed it. Based on the spoilers I thought she didn't kill her so when she mentioned the silencer and then I saw the shot, I knew Michonne killed her and there was an error in the spoilers. It seemed clear to me...

5. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I love what you've written about Michonne and Rick. One of my favorite things about them as characters, and actors, is their fearlessness about crying. (The episode Lori dies is the second episode I saw of this show and I fell in love with Rick the moment he started sobbing and dropped to the ground. It was so raw.) Each scene we get of them in 7A makes me think of Gimple saying the way they mourn together will show how much they care about each other [paraphrase], so I love that we're getting layers. Rick is more obvious about his need for Michonne, but he's been holding back and giving her space. And now that they're on the same page again, I think we'll see them being inseparable. I wish I could just sit down with Gimple and hear about his plan for Rick and Michonne from "Clear" to present since he clearly had a plan, even though he wasn't showrunner when he wrote "Clear".

On Daryl: I've been pretty indifferent to Daryl, but I've never crossed into pure dislike or hate because of his loyalty to Rick, Carl, and to some extent Michonne. But I tend not to watch his scenes. I walked away when he started eating the peanut butter in this episode because I have a serious issue with his hands. He likes to suck on them, bite them, whatever, and it seems so unclean to me and makes me feel physically ill for some reason. However, I loved when he hugged Rick. I loved how AL and NR played that scene together.

My guy has got his love, his gun and his posse (that could totally be a country song) . It's time to bust out the murder coat and kick some ass!
    Love this line!

#145 slade3, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  6. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    Am I the only one who didnt think Michonne killed her in cold blood? I thought it was a mercy kill. Didnt CH on TTD say he was surprised she went along wit it so easily? Didnt someone upthread mention the savior had runaway from the compound?

Idt Michonne is perfect tho I think she's flawed like every other character on this show.

7. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    The Michonne/Savior stuff made Michonne look...well foolish in my opinion. The scene of Michonne pointing a gun at this woman, trying to intimidate her with lines like "you don't know me" "I'm going to end this today" was laughable, especially because the Savior looked completely unphased and barely acknowledged Michonne's presence. Then Michonne gives up and sits back in her seat and starts monologuing to herself. My sister and I both love Michonne but during that scene, we just looked at each other and started laughing. Now after re-watching the episode and realizing that the Savior was literally asking Michonne to kill her, is it really badass that Michonne simply fulfilled her request??? Was that Michonne really "handling business, and leaving no loose ends untied?" Not really, the Savior wanted to die, she wasn't begging for her life and even told Michonne where to find the silencer and to dump the car afterwards, Michonne just followed instructions :lol:

ClassicWoman and idcabtthisish like this.
  8. idcabtthisish

Walker Pets:
    The whole arc... why Gimple? The best thing I got was my cell scene that led to hot sex. Im just over every piece of that moment in the car. I agree it was too back and forth I wasnt amused like u, but confused. I just chalked it up to bad writing. Guess it doesn't matter anymore, they gang's back together again.

9. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    After awhile all I can do is just laugh and be amused, no point in wasting too much energy being confused and upset over this show. The writing for Michonne for 7A was just, once again, bad to nonexistent, and the Michonne/Savior stuff was no exception.

idcabtthisish likes this.
  10. idcabtthisish

Walker Pets:
    That's all you can do. I've felt that way since 6x16 where the Saviors MYSTERIOUSLY knew that TF was leaving ASZ and conveniently blocked EVERY road.
    [​IMG]

It's hard to get your hopes up with arcs sometimes. I was over this Michonne arc the minute I heard about it, I said she was being selfish, but at least it gave her some insight into herself and the Saviors and prompted the mother of all speeches and brought back the return of #Whipped!Rick, which is one of my favorite Rick's. But yes, all you can do is laugh.... I've gotten passed the frustration point in this whole series so I'm just gonna laugh with you at this point.

HisQueenMichonne, Marcie69 and tuswig like this.
  11. Lilly965

Lilly965 Ricktator
    Patron

Walker Pets:
  12. Michroolz

Michroolz Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:

Yes, this guy is good. He foresaw Richonne back in S3, as I recall, when his co-reviewer at the time insisted it was never going to happen. :laugh:

I've not watched his reviews in a while, thanks for the reminder.

13. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I like him because he is just so matter of fact about Richonne even though I don't think he is a shipper. The others either refuse to even mention her or do so in the most limited manner. If you were just going by their reviews and not the actual episode it would look like Michonne doesn't exist or she is a D cast member in the background.

14. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:

The score is even TF vs Team Negan

TF
    Savior Lady / quick kill
    Fat Joey / brutal kill

Team Negan
    Olivia / quick kill
    Spencer / brutal kill

15. SweetDee85

SweetDee85 Richonne Trash
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    :lol::lol::lol:

When he was eating the peanut butter, it reminded me of when he licked his hands then shook Patrick's hand in 4x01. Completely disgusting and unsanitary. I was glad he at least took a shower because Michonne kissed his cheek and I don't need those germs on her.

Also, that whole peanut butter bit was all in the spoilers like it was some big deal. But anything with Daryl gets attention no matter how minuscule. :tdog:

RichonneAlexandria and Marcie69 like this.
  16. SweetDee85

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I like how Carl and Enid are just casually holding hands. :lol: Ah, teen love. I wonder what the parentals think about this. They don't seem to be phased. :beardsmile:

17. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:

Nooo...he is ill. Something is physically wrong with Negan. Maybe the tainted meat is getting to him.

18. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    That scene in 4x01 when he licked his fingers before shaking Patrick's hand truly disgusted me. It was the first time my attention was drawn to his hands/fingers. I think he's done that again, but I don't remember when.

Marcie69 and SweetDee85 like this.
  19. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I gave it a 10...If 100 was an option, I would have selected that one. It was AMAZING!!!!!

I am not an emotional or sensitive person but let me just admit, I cried like the 2nd half of the episode. Not a single tear, like full on cry LOL T_T

Here's my favorite moments:
    -DARYL DIXON- Where do I begin? The minute he put on that plaid shirt I knew my man was back. Negan and the saviors did not break him. Him flipping Dwight's table made me laugh. I was a bit shocked by how savage he was to Joey but I don't blame him. If you are escaping imprisonment, you really can't trust anyone so yeah Joey had to go. When they find Joey's body, I hope they realize they were f**king with the wrong people. I am beyond proud of this man. :hearts:

-RICHONNE- Every second of their interaction killed me with feels. It was beautiful in every way. Her belief in him was just something I have literally been waiting for since Season 1, I've been waiting for a woman to treat him with respect and kindness and he finally has that in Michonne. Just when the tears stopped I saw them hold hands and I was a mess all over again lol. It was beautiful. They totally had sex in that jail cell I believe it :yum:

-DIXON and GRIMES-Daryl handing Rick his gun back and their hug was just epic. They are my favorite aspect of the show along with Richonne. I love Rick so much and I just want him to have people who genuinely love him and care about him and Daryl is to him what Shane could never be. Rick and Daryl are brothers and I can't be anymore happier that they are back together. :tackle:

-TF- Maggie and Michonne hugging was so sweet, Michonne hugging Daryl (her brother in law) was just so cute. I am happy Sasha and Rosita gave the head nod so they can move on. That 3 minutes was the best scene and something we needed to see. The Rick/Aaron scenes, Aaron I always liked him but I love him now. Aaron is another person like Daryl who is very loyal to Rick so Aaron I just respect so much. :hug:

-Funny Moments- Rick looking at Carl finding out Carl snuck out gave me teenage flashbacks of my own LOL. It was hilarious. :laugh:

-Deaths- If Spencer had died in S6 I would have felt sad for him but he's made me so mad with his Anti-Rick comments so I was glad he died. Olivia, she was so sweet and caring she didn't need to die. I hope someone kills Arat like ASAP.

20. SweetDee85

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Something is definitely wrong with him.

Mischonne, lovingdead and Katbird like this.