1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll Rate & Review 7x08 "Hearts Still Beating"

Discussion in '7x08: Hearts Still Beating' started by Doctor Grimes, Nov 27, 2016.

?

Rate the episode on a scale of 1 to 10

1. 1

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  6. 6

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  7. 7

6 vote(s)
    4.5%
  8. 8

14 vote(s)
    10.5%
  9. 9

51 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. 10

58 vote(s)
    43.6%
  1. Michroolz

Michroolz Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    Yes, I agree. He seems very 'speak as he finds' rather than saying what he thinks the fanboys want to hear. No, I don't think he's a shipper either but, from when I last watched his reviews (s5?), I get the impression he's got a tiny bit of a soft spot for Michonne. I'm glad he's doing the reviews on his own, his friend tended to talk over him and wasn't half as observant.

Marcie69 likes this.
  2. Marcie69

Marcie69 Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
    I hope not!!!!!! :-(

slade3 likes this.
  3. Marcie69

Marcie69 Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
    And Olivia getting shot, after all he did to save her in 7.04. I think right after she got shot, Rick pulled up with Aaron and yelled at Negan that they "had a deal!"

idcabtthisish likes this.
  4. Marcie69

Marcie69 Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
    What in the actual hell?????

5. Marcie69

Marcie69 Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:

Ooh I hadn't thought about Sashkiel yet, but I like that pairing!!!

mellowalkerstalker likes this.
  6. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    It has taken me a couple of days to ease down, think, and decompress. I gave the MSF a 10. I was so overwhelmed, it was so good, I had so many feelings, ...I am so unashamed of my obsession with TWD. I'm embarrassed that I'm not embarrassed. I don't need to get all caught up, so I will try to keep it simple. (I enjoyed reading the thread, can't add much). I will add a few words/things about M&M, M-squared: Maggie and Michonne.
    Michonne was supreme and superior in this episode. (Thank you to the creative team--Danai Gurira, the director, the writers--phenomenal.). DG gave her all in delivering that speech. It was just amazing to watch. I cried..thinking about it makes me cry. Michonne has so much faith in Rick. She had to help him, remind him who he is, who they are together, who all the people they love are, as a unit. She didn't want him to give up on the dream he had for their future and she couldn't give up on him or the two of them, their love. It was the purest expression of love I have seen in a long time. Michonne knows him so well: She knew to be honest about what she found on her own; she knew to show him that she was afraid of the fight, but more afraid of what not fighting meant; she knew to bring his mind back to what he said about who they are--she knew to let him know she believed it if he believed it, because she believes in him; she knew to challenge him by asking him what that looks like, what it means to them ...in their life. She can read that man's heart, mind, and soul. The way she held onto him; he is her lifeline, she is his. And like always, he was waiting for her and she came to him. Michonne's speech saved the Next/New World. She was able to confirm what he already knew, that the life they had been fighting soooo hard for, the life they were staying alive to have, could never happen in a world ruled by Negan(s). He knew--her words gave him confidence that his judgement was right--right for him, right for her, right for all of them. She gave him what he needed: Love (without being fawning), support (without being dishonest), confidence (without pretending). She didn't make her feelings/needs paramount to, or, subordinate, to his. She just showed him that what she feels, what she needs, is what he wants them to have. (I will leave the life-giving speech for now. But, it was an unrivaled expression of...all things.)
    Maggie was so good in this episode. Lauren Cohan--just great, so very special. So good with the eating everything she could get her hands on, lol, gotta take care of Baby Rhee. That was classic. What I liked best about her during this episode, was just what she gave us-- the bookends, so to speak, for the entirety of the storyline. I wondered why she was up on the watch platform. She didn't have a weapon. Even if they only use the spears, she didn't have one. No binoculars, no walkie to communicate, nothing. Then, at the closing scene, I realized: every morning she goes to sit with Glenn, then she goes to wait and watch for them. For them, her family, to come to her, to her and Glenn. She was waiting for Rick. I cried like a baby. Her face when they came into view, I'm glad they shot it like that. It was priceless. I knew she was waiting for them to know, that it was time. When she was calling to Sasha and Enid, her voice, excitement and joy. I was so glad, it is still making me cry. She lifted the weight of the world off of Rick when she hugged him. (I think he may have thought she may blame him.) Then, saying the baby was okay--a good thing, the best thing, in all the sorrow. Maggie and baby, Glenn, still with them in the future. I think Maggie realizes what that baby means to all of them. To her, of course, but to all of them. I know it means a whole lot to me. She is as tough as her dad and has as strong a faith. She is as hopeful as her husband and just as smart. Those scences were so poignant and deep, very symbolic. I know this is too long, I won't say anything about the goings-on in Alexandria, *heavy sigh* Negan's dastardly doings. (Olivia!!). I can say now, with confidence: "Go 'head, homeboy. Just keep adding to the sh*t pile. The mighty, mighty, Grimes Team got a little something for yo' triflin' butt. You 'bout to find out why Rick is 'special'."
    P.S. Rick. Got. His. Python. (and his mojo) Back.

7. Denie39

Denie39 Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I can't love this enough. Well said.

Katbird likes this.
  8. Denie39

Denie39 Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I gave it a 10. My absolute favorite parts were Michonne’s talk with Rick and the reunion at the end.

I’ve just never seen such a loving, mature couple in TV before. Rick and Michonne are so good for each other and there is just something so special about them and Team Family as a whole. I knew they were going to fight back, but seeing it brought me so much joy. The hugs with everyone brought me to tears. Negan was so wrong about Daryl being close to breaking; he was just biding his time to bounce or die trying.

The LOOK Rick gave Carl when he found out what he did. LAWD if looks could kill.

Can’t wait for February.

9. chasus

chasus Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Bravo Bravo!!! all I can say is when Michonne was talking to Rick I couldn't help but smile and cry at the same time because this who Rick deserves by his side. He is finally being treated with respect, love dedication, passion, understanding and loyalty. Finally someone knows and thinks about his well being...I am just in awe of Michonne in how she loves this man and the way Rick loves her with all his heart and soul...oh wow what an amazing scene at the end

10. ALDGRichonneLover

ALDGRichonneLover Ricktator
    Patron

Walker Pets:

Your post made me cry Katbird!!! T_T So beautifully and poignantly said. The feels!! I agree with everything stated here. I love your Michonne and Maggie references! Michonne is EVERYTHING I wanted a woman to be for Rick. DG was simply sublime as Michonne and everything you stated was the damned TRUTH!! PREACH!!! Nothing more to add here.

I too, thought Maggie was looking for TF after she visits Glenn/Abe during her daily ritual. It is why she wasn't carrying a weapon at the post and why she didn't answer Gregory when he asked what she was doing "up there." And loving her nod to Glenn by wearing a baseball cap. Oh, the feels!!! She began the episide and ended it perfectly. She was waiting! Her look of joy when seeing TF, I was bawling like a baby! Then the doors to HT opened and there stood Richonne, hand in hand, standing tall, proud, together, with TF and I lost my sh*t! The hug she gave Rick, lordy, said it all for him. She and baby Rhee/Hershel were okay, that TF was okay. Rick needed to hear this and you felt the weight lifted from him. Then all of the hugs sent me over the edge. I was a bawling hot mess. Just wonderful!

11. mellowalkerstalker

mellowalkerstalker Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    you nearly made me cry with the maggie bit bye

Marcie69, Denie39 and Katbird like this.
  12. ClassicWoman

ClassicWoman Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    I thought it was REEEAALLYY odd. especially considering their interactions i the previous episodes

Marcie69 and tuswig like this.
  13. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Watchtower Sniper
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Technically I give the episode a 9.95, although I had to round up for the poll. It was perfection for all the reasons y'all have said so much more better than I would... However, I had to deduct .05 points because, while I don't realistically ship Dasus, I was totally wanting to see them ride off together on that motorcycle. :beth::beth::beth::maggie::daleeye:

Marcie69 and Denie39 like this.
  14. candi18z

candi18z Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    I loved the episode. This was the best episode in 7a. This is the way that the show should be. It should be TF front and center with the new characters in the background.

I loved Richonne's cell conversation. Michonne's speech to Rick was a thing of beauty. We got to see that Michonne can be vulnerable and that she truly loves Rick. Their love for each other has had a huge impact on Michonne. She no longer wants to be alone punishing herself for Andre's death she wants to be with the family and man that she loves. Rick needed to hear everything that Michonne said. Negan has beaten Rick down so much that he was starting to lose himself. Michonne gave Rick the confidence that he needed to move forward against Negan. Richonne's love has been tested by Negan and they've come out stronger.

I loved the TF reunion and hugs at the end. I loved the hug between Rick/Daryl, because they are brothers. I have been hard on Daryl in the past, but I really love his commitment and love for Rick and TF. All of the TF hugs were sweet. I also loved the the fact that TF is back together again and that they are going to fight Negan.

15. ShadowSixx

ShadowSixx Wearing a Necklace of Ears

Walker Pets:
    Sasha and Rosita didn't hug just gave each other a head nod. When Father G asked Rosita about Sasha when Rosita excluded her when she was talking about Rick, Michonne, Daryl, Carl, Aaron, etc. Rosita didn't say anything.

Does Rosita have some resentment towards Sasha? Sasha didn't steal Abe from her, Sasha rejected Abe at first when he was flirting with her and only after Abe left Rosita did Sasha and him pursue a relationship. Sasha didn't intentionally go after Abe. Abe only said goodbye to Sasha before his death giving her the deuces sign and Rosita got nothing.

16. Dixon

Dixon Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    Yes she killed the red head. From far off, you can see her head go to the side when Michonne shoots her. You can hear the quiet pew of the gun. ( Although she used a silencer, you can still hear a small sound.)

Delightfully Thomi likes this.
  17. Mischonne

Mischonne Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    Wait she killed that red headed lady. Where was I missed that completely. The last thing I remember is seeing in the distance the car turning around.

18. Mischonne

Mischonne Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    Is it me or when Rosita shot at Negan it seemed like no one on his crew we're going to do anything. Until they realized he was still alive. Frankly as soon as she shot I thought one of Negan's peeps should have shot at her immediately.

19. Ms.J.Richonne

Ms.J.Richonne Plotting to kill Negan
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Yes she shot the red head. You can hear the shot then she slumps over.

Delightfully Thomi likes this.
  20. Dixon

Dixon Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    One of Father Gabriel's best moments when he talked to Rosita. His funniest moment is when he first comes on, leading Rick and the group to the church. "Or maybe I'm lying. Maybe there's no church ahead. Maybe I'm leading you into a trap to steal all your squirrels."