1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Ratings Decline Again

Discussion in '7x04: Service' started by Doctor Grimes, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    AMC better watch it. The show is still crushing it, but this isn't a good trend.

For the third straight week, AMC’s “The Walking Dead” suffered an episode-to-episode decline in the live+same-day ratings.

This week’s drop was not, however, nearly as sharp as that endured by the previous two episodes.

According to L+SD data posted by Showbuzz, Sunday’s “TWD” drew a 5.43 adults 18-49 rating and 11.40 million total viewers. The numbers trail the 5.68 rating and 11.72 million.

While it seems the show’s best live+same-day ratings days may be behind it, “The Walking Dead” is still an absolute behemoth. It was by far Sunday night’s #1 cable original in adults 18-49 and total viewership.​

Source: Headline Planet

2. Lilly965

Lilly965 Wig Shopping For Michonne
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Too much heavy handed Negan.

TV audience isn't a comicbook audience

3. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    Oh, gee. What a shame.
    [​IMG]

4. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm sorry to read that since this episode was better than the others.

KatanaQueen, winter, Katbird and 4 others like this.
  5. Gekari

Gekari Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I really think if the writing improves and ratings drop it isn't a bad thing. We'll have to wait for the rest of the season, but AMC should take notes and be careful.

6. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    :ugh: I had hoped seeing most of TF would boost the ratings but I really do think that Negan is not the draw they hoped he'd be. Looking at the numbers @richonnelove compiled in that other thread shows that 11.4 is most in line with the average S3 ratings which is nuts.

7. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:

8. zahira

zahira Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    That's because the lack of Richonne.

9. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Doesn't sound good. I'm hoping the rest of the episodes perform better rating wise, but I'm not holding my breath. It'll probably hover around this range.

msbold1 likes this.
  10. SevenStars

SevenStars Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Not surprise by this. I actually expected this.

Danaisbestie, tuswig, msbold1 and 3 others like this.
  11. walkinggirl26

walkinggirl26 Rick's Right-Hand Woman
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think at this point most people want Negan and Dwight and the rest of his Saviors deader than dead. This is not the comic book. We've been with these characters for seven seasons now, have been to hell and back right along with them, laughed and cried right along with them, and most folks are just not into seeing Rick and TF in this way with some bully with a bat lording it over them. It really does bring up bad feelings especially with all that is going on right now. Too many parallels. I think they'll hang on because they know Rick and TF will come back, but I don't think Negan will be on top as long as TPTB had planned. It's quickly crossing the line from being loving to hate to just downright hating him, although in my book I hated him from the gitgo, so there's that, lol! You still have your die hard Negan fans, but most of those are fanboys and girls from the comics, which I don't get either, but more power to them or folks that hate Rick, don't get that one either, but whatever, but I have seen more posts from the GA that just ain't feeling Negan, think he's too OTT, has gone too far and just want Rick or Michonne or Maggie or Daryl or Carl or Carol or Sasha or Rosita or anyone from TF to use that bat on him.

12. Marcie69

Marcie69 Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
    It seems like there have been a flurry of articles recently pointing specifically to the pacing and to the bottle episodes as being the problem. I really hope AMC listens! I know that somebody mentioned bottle episodes save on cost, but they're going to lost the show if they don't get a better budget. I mean, this is their TOP SHOW! Why not give them a better budget?

cadence_T, Jon Snows, MrsG and 13 others like this.
  13. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Most of the GA are waiting for the next big death, so they are not interested in the in-between. The show has conditioned them to have big deaths at around MSF/MSP and then the SF. It is irritating, but if you check most articles nowadays, that is all they are hyping. So who cares there are other communities or that the TF is grieving, when is my next big death!

Jon Snows, msbold1 and Lilly965 like this.
  14. Lilly965

Lilly965 Wig Shopping For Michonne
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I also think after the elections Negan and the saviors may be triggering people if you know what I mean.

Negans got some 'traits' that might be too much too soon

15. nat_richonne

nat_richonne Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    In the back pocket of Michonne's tight jeans.
    See, if AMC included "NS" in the content rating for the episode and included Richonne sexy times maybe the ratings would be a little higher. Kidding! sort of.I expected the ratings to drop. I think the ratings will hover around 10-11 million for the remaining episodes. People are just tired of Negan. At least I am. And I'm simply not interested in bottle episodes that don't include my favs.:sadmaggie:

16. SevenStars

SevenStars Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I agree. This is why I predicted the ratings would go down this week the day after the election cause it feels too relatable right now.

17. TexasZAgal

TexasZAgal Ricktator
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I know I am sick and tired of Negan and the Saviors, I just want them off my TV.:rant::rant::rant:

18. Denie39

Denie39 Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    People don't enjoy seeing TF backed into a corner like this with no apparent way out. And Negan is too much for the GA, for sure. I think the ratings will rise once Negan gets pushed off of his high horse and hope is more obvious.

But also, part of me is like, people are being whiny asses. All in all, it is really good drama. My friend and I are enjoying things so far, and she has almost no knowledge of the comics. She wants to see what happens next because she knows somehow, some way Negan will be taken down.

I do agree election does not help.

19. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    This isn't unexpected. It's a genre show in it's seventh season on basic cable. 11+million viewers is still strong.

Negan, The Reeking of Daryl and the Emasculation of Rick have not been embraced by the GA as Gimple and co. may have anticipated. I'm hoping viewers come back for what looks to be a much stronger (and show friendly) second half season.

I'm anticipating stable or slight decline for the rest of 7a. And, yes, I think folks might be searching for lighter fare due to the unfortunate events of Election Day.

#19 MamaGrimes, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  20. TexasZAgal

TexasZAgal Ricktator
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I am here for Rick, Michonne, Carl, Judith and the rest of TF, including the folks at ASZ. I want to see them on my TV each week, well a girl can dream, right?

cadence_T, MrsG, msbold1 and 8 others like this.