1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Richonne BABY; Do we want one?

Discussion in 'Fluff 'n Stuff' started by truetrash, Mar 21, 2016.

?

Do you want Richonne to have a biological child of their own?

Poll closed Apr 18, 2016.
  1. Hell Yes!!!!

34 vote(s)
    31.2%
  2. Nope!

8 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. Maybe, probably not now though.

63 vote(s)
    57.8%
  4. I don't know!

4 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. Mischonne

Mischonne Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    Oops I thought they were

2. richonnelove

richonnelove Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I think Michonne will have Rick's baby.

In the episode where they enter Gabriel's church, they focused on Michonne, Rick, Glen and Carol with items which I believe foreshadow their arcs that were to come.

For Michonne, they focused on her looking at a child's drawing of baby Moses in the basket in the river. The drawing was titled '40 Years Of Wanding.'

I think after their hard journey of survival, Michonne will bare a son who will help lead in the New World. Like the baby Moses who helped lead the Isrealites out of bondage in Egypt to the promised land (Canaan).

@Doctor Grimes said she thinks Judith may have represented baby Moses. It may very well be, but I think it could be a foreshadowed baby for Michonne too.

Baby Judy had already been found by TF at that point. She was with them at the church and for some reason I think the drawing foreshadowed a boy baby yet to be born.
    Judy represents Shane and Lori's legacy in some way. Rick loves her completely as his own, but I think a part of him holds her even more dear because she is a part of Lori and Shane, both of whom he loved and miss.
    Carl represents Rick's legacy and he is almost a man now. Baby Moses was born in bondage, like Judith was born in the apocolyptic world.
    It would be nice for Michonne to have someone carry on her legacy into the new world. If it doesn't happen thats fine too, but I would love to know a fierce little samurai would be taking on the new world.
    Michonne had that whistful look at baby Gleggie's sonogram. Yes, she misses Andre, but could it be a foreshadowing? No baby would ever replace Andre, but another child could help her heal even more.
    Rick while laying on top of Michonne said, "not that pregnant woman." Leaving many gasping before realizing he was referring to Maggie. I don't know, the way they phrased the dialog had an element of tease in it. It could also be just my wishful thinking, lol.

A baby was born to each of the main couples of the series. Judy and the Gleggie baby represent the future. Why not the most badass offspring of all - a Richonne baby?

After the multi-year time jump after AOW ends would be the perfect time to see a Richonne toddler make their debut.

3. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

I don't think Michonne was thinking about a new baby when she was looking at the Gleggie sonogram. She was thinking about Andre. That was a sad look...remembering what she lost, not a look of hope like if she was thinking about having another baby. I don't think having another baby helps you heal from the ones you lose, that empty place they leave stays empty forever. You just learn to live with it.

I hope if they do a Richonne baby, they don't play it as anything but the manifestation of their love. Not something that's both of them, or a healing or a replacement or anything. Just two people in love that had a baby together.

DavieVC, Philly Girl, winter and 14 others like this.
  4. richonnelove

richonnelove Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I did not say or mean to imply she was thinking about a new baby in that scene. Of course it's about remembering Andre. I think that scene also comes across as foreshadowing for me because of its cumulative effect. Foreshadowing because of all the scenes about babies they have shown her in are adding up.

A baby does not replace another child lost ( and I stated that), but I have friends who have shared that the birth of their new baby have helped with the healing of the pain of their loss. Do they ever forget or no longer miss their child who is no longer with them? No, but the joy of the new baby helps with their healing. Healing is possible and healing is not an end of itself which negates anything prior, but it is possible. I guess a way to describe what i mean with the term healing is to comparebit to a cure in that healing is not a completed cure of emotional pain but an aid to help a person navigate rhrough and manage the pain. A new baby is not the only means of help in healing either, but for those who have experienced another birth after a tragic loss of a child, many have professed it has helped.

A new baby can HELP bring healing for Michonne. Is a new baby the end all and be all for Michonne and the only means for her to be happy? No, but it would be a beautiful happening in her tragic life and something I would love to see happen to her. Michonne will never forget Andre or stop loving or missing Andre because she may have a new baby. Never implied or said so.

#204 richonnelove, Sep 3, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  5. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

I deal with the death and dying of children for a living so I just have a different perspective I guess after many years. I've seen babies and kids die from car accidents, fires, cancer, organ failure, outright murder and everything in between. There are always extenuating circumstances and every family is different so I just don't think anyone can say with certainty what will help a grieving mother. You say a new baby will help heal Michonne...nobody can say that for sure. Grief is a very personal, individual thing and it varies from person to person. It's a process that can be helped or hindered by different things depending on the individual.

I've seen a new baby bring on a new wave of pain, I've seen a new baby be the catalyst for divorce for a couple that actually made it through the tragic loss of their son...I've seen a new child be just that a new child, not a healer...just more love in the family. I had a mom tell me how angry she got every time someone said I'm so glad you got another chance and another that said she went home and cried after her pastor said I'm so glad you've been blessed again. Those people were well meaning but those comments were hurtful to those mothers. Another mom might not have been bothered but that's how individual the grieving process is.

Idk, it just rubs me the wrong way to relate a Richonne baby back to Andre in any way. I probably just shouldn't have ever commented because I'm overly sensitive when it comes to grieving mothers.

6. richonnelove

richonnelove Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I understand what you're saying and I agree that every individual grieves differently. Sorry it rubbed you the wrong way. I was speaking from my experience with people who have professed this and that's why I said it can help. Is it the only means and exclusively so, no, but it is possible.

Me saying a new baby helping Michonne to heal is not saying Michonne needs a new baby to heal. Michonne is healing with the love of Carl, Rick, Judy. Healing with more love in her life. I think a new baby would only add to that. Remember we are speaking of Michonne's experience and what I think.

Some of what you speak of I can see happening with Mike and Michonne, we even saw Michonne reticent to be around Judy at first, etc so those experiences are quite true, valid and relevant also and we saw Michonne portray if but a tip of some of it.

For the space Michonne is in. I think her and Rick having a child could be a positive and life reaffirming experience and yes, a help in healing.

7. QueenofPeace

QueenofPeace hearts still beating
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm shocked time and time again how insightful and detailed you guys are with analyzing different moments and scenes. I never would have picked up on the potential symbolism of Michonne staring at the children's drawing of baby Moses in the basket.

With that said, I don't know where I stand as far as a Richonne baby. To be completely honest, I kind of find children bothersome in this world. Ugh, I hate saying that, because I feel like it sounds so cruel. But sometimes I view it as kind of an annoyance, like a mosquito or fly lol. I know, awful. So I'm not sure I'd be up for yet another pregnant lady in the ZA storyline (Lori, Maggie) and another burden of protecting an infant/toddler (Judith). Plus, I kind of think Carl and Judith are enough for Rick and Michonne. Carl and Judith are basically Michonne's at this point, and I don't necessarily believe she needs a "new" child to "replace" Andre. I think my only wish is for us to see on screen Rick and Michonne discuss Michonne's past and Andre. I want that more than anything. I don't particularly feel as if I need or want Richonne to have a baby themselves.

Just my 2 cents.

lovingdead likes this.
  8. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    If Abe and Sasha's relationship is symbolic of the consciousness of the Richonne relationship...
    • They communicate from the start as equals
    • These guys push the gals to stop being "loners" R to M: "Your one of us", A to S "you're among friends"
    • Sasha and Michonne won't start a relationship until these guys get their act together
    • Abe and Rick CHooSE to be with these women forsaking all others.
    • Abe and Rick verbalised their fear and acceptance of opening their heart in such traumatic times
    • Abe asked Sasha if she wanted to have a baby with him...
    ... and A/S relationship parallels R/M relationship in all aspects. Then I think that Abe's last moments with Sasha is foreshadowing where R/M are going.

DavieVC, coffeebean and richonnelove like this.
  9. Bailey88

Bailey88 Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    I think Rick and Michonne already have what Abe was hoping for with Sasha. Rick and Michonne are in love and she is Carl's and Judith's mother now. I truly hope Rick and Michonne have a baby but I doubt it. They are going to be fighting Negan for a while and then Alpha. I could be wrong because there are going to be several time jumps.

DavieVC, Richonne4Lyfe, C-Ben and 2 others like this.
  10. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Why am I so certain? Because there is a need to repopulate the world. So far we have seen Judith, hopefully baby Gleggie is on the way and soon will be Richonnetta.

A family of White, Asian and Black babies for the brave new world.

[​IMG]

#210 Barbarossa-TWD, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  11. NeeCee81

NeeCee81 Den Mother
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I just want some Richonne babies.

12. grimesfan2501

grimesfan2501 Survivor of Many Disasters
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
  13. NeeCee81

NeeCee81 Den Mother
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
  14. grimesfan2501

grimesfan2501 Survivor of Many Disasters
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    And add to that, the interview was before there even was a Richonne. So.... SG said a lot with that one statement

DavieVC and NeeCee81 like this.
  15. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

Yeah, Shane is 100% the biological father to Judith. Lori found out she was pregnant 8 days after Rick returned from his coma. I work at a hospital so this is the one thread I can use some of that knowledge lol. The human body doesn't recognize the HCG pregnancy hormone until at least 2-3 weeks after conception so there's no way Judith could be Rick's biologically. In order for Rick to be the father that test that Lori took would have to show negative at the time she took it as it would have been too soon for her body to make the hormone but since she was far enough along to get a positive pregnancy test the baby was conceived much earlier on meaning Shane is the father. Furthermore, in order for her to miss a period giving her the inclination to take a pregnancy test in the first place she was at least a month pregnant when she took the test which would place Rick still in a coma in the hospital at the time Judith was conceived by Shane and Lori. Now with that said, even though Shane is Judith's biological father, Rick does love Judith, he's grown to love her so he is her dad now. I have step relatives myself and I love them all even though I'm not blood related to some of them. :)

16. DixonGrimes

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

Yes, I agree to all of this!!! Lol That's my head cannon too that after the time jump there will be a Richonne toddler boy. Idc what anyone says, seeing Rick caress Michonne's growing stomach will have all of us dying lol like seriously. It would be so sweet. :hearts::richonne:

DavieVC likes this.
  17. DixonGrimes

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    This will be me if there is a Richonne baby Lol I would be so happy :laugh:

[​IMG]

DavieVC and NeeCee81 like this.
  18. candi18z

candi18z Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I know that this topic has been discussed before, but since the release of spoilers for 7x12 I am restarting this discussion. I think that Gimple is going to give Richonne a baby. I think that Michonne will get pregnant either at the end of this season or the beginning of season 8. I think that the 7x12 bottle episode is foreshadowing a Richonne baby.

Gimple has never been subtle in his writing. Everything in his writing has a double meaning. He always uses symbolism in the writing to foreshadow future events for the characters. The child walkers and the creepy high school represent children. Now, some believe that Gimple is using the child symbolism for the Andre talk. I agree with that. I think that Michonne will tell Rick about Andre in the episode, but I think that there is more to this. I believe that after Michonne and taken to Hilltop, the Hilltop doctor will reveal to Rick that Michonne is pregnant and the baby was not harmed in the altercation with the savior.

19. Richonne4Lyfe

Richonne4Lyfe Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    :rickwtf:
    I'd die :beth: thats the best thing i've ever heard in my life

Gekari and Denie39 like this.
  20. The Last Big Kat

The Last Big Kat Vengeance For The Plunderers
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    A lot of things have been pointing to a baby...Danai's April Fools joke some years ago comes to mind too.

Maybe the baby will be a catalyst for AOW, and not a death, or not just a death. If Michonne's pregnant, that would raise questions about who the father is, and Kneegarn could potentially find out about Rick and Michonne's relationship that way - or not, but the potential would be there.

Also, it's doubtful that batty fellow would let them just have another baby. He might think it'd make them less "productive" (plus Chelle from The Same Boat might've been forced to abort her baby). So they might be spurred into fighting, or fighting sooner, in order to protect Michonne/the unborn Richonne baby, and remove themselves from Savior domination so they can build the future they envision.

Gekari likes this.