1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Richonne BABY; Do we want one?

Discussion in 'Fluff 'n Stuff' started by truetrash, Mar 21, 2016.

?

Do you want Richonne to have a biological child of their own?

Poll closed Apr 18, 2016.
  1. Hell Yes!!!!

34 vote(s)
    31.2%
  2. Nope!

8 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. Maybe, probably not now though.

63 vote(s)
    57.8%
  4. I don't know!

4 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. richonnelove

richonnelove Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I've always thought there will be a Richonne baby. I've caught a few foreshadowing and teases even in the dialog.

The strongest for me - the shot focusing on Michonne staring at a drawing of baby Moses in Gabriel's church in "Strangers". Rick, Glen, Daryl, Michonne and Carol were all featured staring at images/writings and all the images foreshadowed their future.

The focus on Michonne's expression staring at Gleggie's baby sonogram in the RV trip to Hilltop.

The tease to the audience when Rick in "East" emphasized "not THAT pregnant lady". Yes, he was referring to Maggie, but the initial split second reaction most had while Rick, laying on top of Michonne, looking down at her, speaks to her that dialog about pregnancy was - "What! Is Michonne, are they....pregnant?" The dialog was phrased a specific way with them in that specific position for a reason imo. It was a tease. Watching the YouTube reaction videos for that scene, I noticed the majority had that same split second reaction and were asking, "Is Michonne pregnant?"

If it does happen, which I strongly think it will, we won't see her big with child throughout a season. Most of her pregnancy will be over the hiatus (hidden in a time jump) and the child born, aged some and revealed after the time jump. Most likely after AOW ends which has a big time jump of a couple years before the next arc begins. That will age Judith a great deal if she survives and the Richonne child will enter the show as a toddler.

This way, Michonne would still be in fighting form before and after. AL and DG are not going to be in TWD beyond 2-3 more years imo, so I too believe like you if there is a Richonne pregnancy, it will be revealed soon, happen over a big time jump and the child shown at end of AOW in season 8 or beginning of season 9.

#221 richonnelove, Sep 24, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
    DavieVC and C-Ben like this.
  2. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Why would they have her pregnant during AOW, which could make the pregnancy risky? I can't even with that idea

DavieVC, lovingdead, Vivis and 2 others like this.
  3. richonnelove

richonnelove Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    A few weeks pregnant, nowhere near showing, she, nor the viewers even knowing she is pregnant is possible. Besides, Olympic track athletes even train in early pregnancy.

I think she would most likely find out at end of AOW with the pregnancy and delivery happening over the time jump.

DavieVC, candi18z and Richonne4Lyfe like this.
  4. Richonne4Lyfe

Richonne4Lyfe Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I bet they'd named him Alex

5. Tori

Tori The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    If Michonne has a baby it needs to be at the end of this show over a time jump. I don't need to see her pregnant and I don't want to see it. She needs to be apart of AOW and not at home pregnant. Plus we already have a baby storyline going on with Maggie. I don't think Gimple would write another one in this soon.

6. Denie39

Denie39 Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Yeah, interesting theory. And I'd love a Richonne baby. But I can't see them letting Michonne be pregnant during AOW. I wouldn't want her to be. But what you described (I've slowed up on the spoilers, but am ok getting crumbs) could still be a foreshadowing of a baby in the future, at end of show run or during a time jump.

7. Walkingonsunshine

Walkingonsunshine The Ones Who Live
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I agree there will be a Richonne baby at some point but just not soon. Season 7 and early season 8 are just both too soon. I only see a Richonne pregnancy and baby happening at or near the end of AOW. I also think Maggie's pregnancy will last until AOW is at the end or over because I don't think they want to deal with too many babies on set. There's a reason why they are keeping the same Judith they just don't want to deal with small babies at this point anymore because there is a lot going on.

8. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    She'll be under stress which could potentially lead to her losing that baby, why would you want to put her in that situation?

DavieVC and Gekari like this.
  9. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Sometimes the biggest clues are right under our noses.

If we accept that Abraham and Sasha are Rick and Michonne's alter ego then it is clear that all of Abe's conversations about relationships and babies are relevant to Richonne. I think that just because we knew that Maggie was pregnant that we assumed that all "baby talk" was about her.

Rick and Michonne had just had sex. Rick hadn't even touched Lori for months before she died (remember she was sharing a cell with Carol at the prison) and Michonne hadn't had a sexual partner either. So Abe has this EXPLICIT conversation with Glenn about unprotected sex that could lead to babies just hours after Rick and Michonne had unprotected sex.

Then they save an obstetrician and Jesus announces babIES are being born. Now I am wondering if the odd look on Michonne's face when she saw the sonogram was acknowledgement that it was now in the realm of possibility and that she COULD get pregnant, and would that be something she wanted???

Then in East heavy symbolism of Adam and Eve... Rick kissing Michonne's belly while talking about "that" pregnant woman.

Then again Abe questioning settling down. Finally in LDOE Abe comes out and asks Sasha to start a family.

Richonne is having a baby.

[​IMG]
    Carl, Judith and baby Richonne...Shiva

10. Richonne4Lyfe

Richonne4Lyfe Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    We should just call the baby Sherriff Samauri Grimes for now

DavieVC likes this.
  11. richonnelove

richonnelove Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I'm not putting her in that situauation, lol. Rick would be the one. ;-)

Anyway, I didn't say she would be pregnant during AOW. The OP poster said she would probably find out she was right at the start before AOW. I said it was possible and explained how, but...

I said, I think it's more likely Michonne would find out at end of AOW and be pregnant and deliver during the time jump, which would be during the hiatus. That is a time of peace. Around 2 years of it. Then when we are introduced to the child he/she would already be aged into toddlerhood. Judith a thriving big girl if she lives, and Carl a man ready to take on his current comic arc.

DavieVC and The Last Big Kat like this.
  12. richonnelove

richonnelove Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Yep, spot that blatant Mom, Dad, Big bro, and 2 little girls family with a dog picture right by Michonne in that scene. A family of five. Currently, Richonne has a family of four!

Great points @Barbarossa-TWD .Not only that, when Abe talked about pouring the bisquick to Glenn, Abe made sure to reveal he made sure he doubled up when using condoms each time he had sex to prevent any pregnancies.

Rick nor Michonne were expecting to have any sex, no one in their household had been sexually active over the two month time jump so it's reasonable to deduce there were no condoms in that house as they would not be looking for any during their supply runs. From the tableau presented of Richonne post coital in the bed, their clothes in disarray on the floor on Rick's side, and both fully naked with no bed coverings, both asleep splayed in a position showing Michonne slid off from on top of Rick to his side, indicate they had had uninhibited abandoned sex. They were not thinking about protection or preventing pregnancy. They were caught up in the moment and each other. There was no time to plan or any pre-thought for that matter that went into what went down between Richonne.

For Abe to make those succinct points right after what happened with Richonne, you are right, it was not only about Abe/Sasha. Abe and TF had also just caught Richonne with their pants down also, lol. Richonne was just a combobulated mess that night and morning. Caught up in an unexpected whirlwind of love and abandonment. They had unprotected sex, and unless Michonne was no longer capable of having another (which has never been indicated), it is very possible she could be or may become pregnant in future. We don't know if they are using any protection now but they are very much sexually active with the show making it a point to show Rick has a very strong libido. He can't get enough of Michonne. If they are using protection, with the frequency of sex they are having, it is still very possible for a pregnancy to occur even if they are not planning one.

So with all the foreshadowing, hints and teases of Richonne about babies, and the current sexual activities of their characters, I too sense the strong possibilities of them having a child together. Is it ideal? No. Does it make sense to the narrative of the story and the characters? Yes. Everything in their world and life is unexpected right now. Some of those occurrences are downright tragic, but some are good and even hopeful. It's just how life is for them now. The ones who were planning, had their hopes and dreams fall to the brutality of their world. The ones that were not planning (Richonne) would get the unexpected gift. The results being the same, building a future to preserve a future. Babies are born at a large rate in the most brutal of events, at the beginning, during the middle, and at the end, indicating life goes on and humanity continues during it all, even in war zones. It's the circle of life. If babies aren't being born, there will be no future for humankind.

#232 richonnelove, Sep 24, 2016
  13. Liv

Liv Ricktator
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    To be honest i dont think michonne going to be pregnant anytime soon especially with negan around, michonne would never do that or rick or there unborn baby.

But i will say they have been foreshadowing an talking about a future an growth in the community.

An having all these baby running around asz would be to much going on..not saying you guys dont have any good points but as far as michonne being pregnant after being with rick for only like 2 weeks, no way..

An after the negan arc we got the whole whispers arc which are way more of a problem then the saviors, so i doubt there having any kids anytime soon..maybe towards the end of the series.

DavieVC, lovingdead and Doctor Grimes like this.
  14. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    They wouldn't want to bring a child into an uncertain future like that. Michonne was so adamant about going to check out Asz because she wanted a place where Judith and Carl could live and be safe. That's where her priorities are so I dont see them getting pregnant during war time. Since they already have one, they may never get baby fever and just raise the one they have. If down the road they do decide to expand their family, it would most likely happen during a time jump. The show won't take Michonne out of the action by having her waddle around pregnant.

#234 Danaisbestie, Sep 24, 2016
  15. candi18z

candi18z Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:

This! There have been so many clues that point to a Richonne baby. And I think that it will be sooner rather than later. Either the pregnancy will be announced at the end of season 7 or the beginning of season 8.

Barbarossa-TWD likes this.
  16. candi18z

candi18z Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:

Gimple never makes things easy on the characters. Gimple will always put the characters in the worse possible situation at the worse possible time. Maggie's pregnancy happened right before the arrival of Negan, which was the worse time to be expecting. A characters priorities have very little to do with how their arcs will play out. Every member TF has changed their priorities over the seasons due to changing circumstances. As for Michonne waddling around pregnant, Did Maggie waddle around in season 6? Maggie was front and center and part of the action while pregnant, Michonne will be no different. Michonne will be front and center besides her boo Rick.

17. Danaisbestie

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

You can't waddle when you are two months pregnant. Speaking from experience, the waddling happens much later :lol: Plus Maggie choosing to have a baby makes sense. They are a young couple with no children and got pregnant when they got to Asz, a place that was presumably safe. They didnt get pregnant while they were on the road, they waited.

Gimple and his cowriters dictate what the characters do yes, but the decisions characters make are generally written to be ones that fit their character. It's part of good storytelling.

Michonne is not a naive woman, she knows the horros of the world she's in very well and has always acted accordingly. I can't think of a time when she's been reckless or acted without a plan. It would be OOC for Michonne to put her future child in danger especially after losing Andre. Getting pregnant while Negan can kill them any minute, while he's taking their things, while he's killing their people would not be a decision Michonne or Rick would make imo. I would be very surprised if they did because these are two people that have always made their children's safety their main priority. They even waited until a time of peace to get together, I think they would do the same with an even more monumental decision like having a third child.

DavieVC likes this.
  18. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Rick is not Mike.

She saw him bite the jugular of a man in order to protect his son.

DavieVC likes this.
  19. Danaisbestie

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Rick isnt Mike, you're right and Michonne is well aware of that but Rick cant defeat Negan right now. If a simple throat bite would have fixed the Negan problem, Rick would have done that because he will do whatever it takes to keep the people he loves safe. That's kind of my whole point, they are up against a different kind of enemy this time. So Michonne not having a baby during a time of war doesn't mean she's not confident in Rick's ability to keep their children safe, it means she understands the enemy they are up against.

DavieVC and Philly Girl like this.
  20. mantispanda

mantispanda Searching for Sophia

Walker Pets:
    I don't think they are tying to have a baby. Season 7-8

I do think they could get pregnant in season 7-8. Accidents happen and some of the most well laid out plans can get turned on a dime.

It will be interesting to see how this story plays out.