1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Richonne BABY; Do we want one?

Discussion in 'Fluff 'n Stuff' started by truetrash, Mar 21, 2016.

?

Do you want Richonne to have a biological child of their own?

Poll closed Apr 18, 2016.
  1. Hell Yes!!!!

34 vote(s)
    31.2%
  2. Nope!

8 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. Maybe, probably not now though.

63 vote(s)
    57.8%
  4. I don't know!

4 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Again I think that is what Abe conversation with Rick was about

Rick: Is Michonne here?

Abe: She's still out there, too. You afraid... to go back to it? ("It" being life) Let somebody close?

Rick: Yeah. Yeah.

Abe: Mm. Me, too. But now... I think I'm that much more ready to tear the world a brand-new asshole.

Read more at: http://transcripts.foreverdreaming.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26254
    In the best of times is no time to have a baby... so they just have to get on with it and tear the world a new asshole.
    Remember, this conversation is taking place as they are waiting for Negan to attack. Then later after meeting Negan's people on the road and realising that they had underestimated Negan's forces Abe asks Sasha to have a baby.

DavieVC likes this.
  2. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

That's Abe and Sasha, not Rick and Michonne who already have two children. Abe didn't lose his wife in childbirth in the ZA either so they are very different characters with totally different experiences. When Rick was at the gate he still wasn't aware of what he was up against. That was before lucile...his whole mindset changes after that Abe convo from confidence to being powerless.

No time is a perfect time to have a baby but when a psychopath with a huge army is terrorizing you and your family is probably one of the worst.

DavieVC, lovingdead, Tori and 3 others like this.
  3. Ares

Ares A bitter bunker husband.
    Staff Member Graphic Designer Patron

Walker Pets:
    Not right now. Down the line, sure and by that, I mean WAY down the line. They have so much going on right now to even think of a baby.

4. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:

Abe and Sasha mirror Rick and Michonne's relationship, they are their alter ego.

DavieVC likes this.
  5. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Hey guys be careful with untagged spoiler for episodes.

DavieVC likes this.
  6. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    It is like Deanna handing them plans for expansion right in the middle of being attacked by tens of thousands of walkers. They have to live in the present if there is going to be a future.

Abraham: You said I had choices.
    Sasha: You have them, too.
    Abraham: Could be 30 years for us here. That's still too short.
    Sasha: Come inside.

Read more at: http://transcripts.foreverdreaming.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26151

DixonGrimes likes this.
  7. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

Abe got the baby inspiration from Glenn and Maggie and always referenced them when talking to Sasha. As far as Abe and Sasha being alter egos for Richonne, I just don't see it that way at all. I think Sasha and Abe have their own unique story to tell that is about them and has nothing to do with Richonne.

DavieVC and C-Ben like this.
  8. Ares

Ares A bitter bunker husband.
    Staff Member Graphic Designer Patron

Walker Pets:
    :|

I meant down the line as no more threats on the horizon. Negan's threat is very real and very fresh(And he would really like to take advantage of Rick's 'pregnant' girlfriend) plus with The Whisperers arc coming further down.

Besides, they just had their first kiss (+sex) two weeks ago [show's timeline]

DavieVC and Danaisbestie like this.
  9. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:

There will always be threats. That's why it was shown Abe asking Sasha to have a baby in the middled of being stalked by Negan. This is a repeating theme... they just have to get on with life in the middle of chaos.

When the going gets tough... the tough get going.

#249 Barbarossa-TWD, Sep 25, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    DavieVC likes this.
  10. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
  11. The Last Big Kat

The Last Big Kat Vengeance For The Plunderers
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I don't think Rick and Michonne necessarily made the decision to have a baby, but pregnancies happen regardless of intention. It's not a stretch to imagine they had unprotected sex that first night, and although they might have been careful since then, it's possible Michonne's already pregnant and they just don't know it yet. They also thought at the time they were as safe as they ever could be, and maybe in the heat of the moment, they both just let their concerns about protection fall to the wayside. They're already raising kids together, and already very close, so while thet weren't planning on more, having another kid wouldn't be the same thing as a couple that had just met and had no kids suddenly having a kid.

I don't think her pregnancy will end up being a big deal until possibly the end of s7 or in s8, and even then she won't be so far along that she's waddling. She'll be a few weeks-a few months along, depending on how much time passes.

It'd be possible that she might have complications, but the writers might not decide to play that card for Michonne. They might not reveal she's pregnant at all until AOW is over, or the only way her pregnancy will affect anything plot wise is in keeping it secret from the Saviors. It might give them even more reason to want to get rid of the Saviors so they can have the baby in a safer world.

There's a lot of things pointing to Richonne Grimes having a new addition to the family, and it seems likely that the baby will be born/grow up a bit over the time skip. It also makes sense that instead of just being a surprise revealed after the time skip, the idea of a baby will be introduced in some manner (i.e. Revealing Michonne's pregnancy) before that time skip.

Also kind of hoping the time skip will be like 4-5 years, so Carl will be 18/19 and closer to Chandler's actual age and we can move past babies and toddlers. :p

#251 The Last Big Kat, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  12. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Abe: Hey. Can I ask you a question?

Glenn: Sure.

Abe: When you were, uh, pouring the Bisquick, were you trying to make pancakes?

Glenn: Uh... yes? Oh, okay, um... it's something that we talked about, yeah.

Abe: Yeah. Why? No, I just... Well, given the precarious state of affairs on any given Sunday, I am damn near floored that you or anyone else would have the cojones to make a call like that.

Glenn: I mean, well... we're trying to build something, me and her. All of us.

Read more at: http://transcripts.foreverdreaming.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25654

candi18z likes this.
  13. luv

luv Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    I must be the only the only who doesn't really want one, I did
    vote for not now, but I feel that TPTB would not be able to do it
    justice, and too many character's to flesh out to include a baby.

I feel having Judith there is baby enough considering she died in
    the GN, so that is a stretch for them already. I don't see it as
    a possibility and I don't know if it would improve their story by
    making it add more depth because they already have the 2 kids.

I actually just want to see them as they are now being a family,
    surviving TOGETHER:hearts:

14. candi18z

candi18z Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    I agree. The pregnancy will probably not be revealed until the end of AOW. I don't think that Gimple is gonna have Michonne walking around at 9 months pregnant because he wants her to be part of the action. I think that the baby will be conceived in season 7, the pregnancy announced after AOW and the Richonne baby will be shown with Richonne after the time jump.

15. Richonne4Lyfe

Richonne4Lyfe Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I think the pregnancy will be revealed at the end of AOW cuz
    Rick and Michonne have sex at the carnvial
    so thats when she could get pregnant and not be that far along to know about it

The Last Big Kat likes this.
  16. The Last Big Kat

The Last Big Kat Vengeance For The Plunderers
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Doc said Ferris wheels could be meant to represent the "Wheel of Fortune" - like the start of new life after a cycle of death.

17. Richonne4Lyfe

Richonne4Lyfe Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    :yay:

18. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    That's it. During Danai's broadway show Eclipse she invited some of the girls that were recently released/escaped from Boko Haram and one of the girls brought her baby. Under the most brutal of circumstances babies are being born.

19. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    All this "Baby Talk" is important in another sense... where are the Sanctuary babies, what happened to 'Chell's baby? Is this one of the reason's that Negan and the Sanctuary are doomed because they live in the present without building for the future?

Richonne4Lyfe likes this.
  20. Richonne4Lyfe

Richonne4Lyfe Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    This is how I'm thinking its gonna happen:

Before the war with Negan,Michonne begans to show signs of being pregnant.She notices and tells Rick and they have a conversation about it.

Rick gets excited but Michonne is sad and this makes Rick think that she doesn't wanna have a baby with him.She tells him that she's just worried that the baby could be hurt (the watchtower fight) or that the baby could become hurt (cuz the war with Negan).Rick tells her that everything will be okay if she is pregnant.Michonne disagrees.

They'll go to that guy at the Hilltop,he'll tell them that she's pregnant,and that the baby is okay and seems healthy.Michonne starts to worry less and Rick starts to become more excited.

After the war is over,they'll tell Carl she's pregnant,he'll be happy,and then they'll tell the rest of the group.

I've thought about this way too much