1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Richonne General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Richonne Zone' started by Armte, May 6, 2016.

1. ALDGRichonneLover

ALDGRichonneLover "I wanted it to be ours, me and you"
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Nestled in Ricks' murder coat and Michonnes' jeans
    Custom Banner
    I agree here! I could care care less about Superkutz. She was a non entity for me the moment I saw her dressed as a Lori proxy in her blue flannel and giving Rick a hair cut like Lori cut Carls hair in S1x3, Tell It To The Frogs. She was already eyeing him when he came to the door shirtless, so I checked her and her intentions from the get go. Rick was NOT in his midset when he was dealing with Superkutz, and his jackassed behavior was so telling to me. What I hated was how the writers made Rick look like a stalker for a non-entity character that was given too much importance, screen time and dialog to support a GN plot point. That entire Anderson arc of S5B-S6A was just one big hot mess that I take it for what it was, a plot point for the chop chop/Carls eye/ Lori proxy/Ricks PTSD kicking in/taking over AZ when it comes to how Richonne came to be. Michonne wasn't ready for Rick romantically , she had her own issues to deal with and Rick had to deal with his Lori feels to get to a point when he could finally let her go. Did Richonne both love eachother? Hells yes! They just hadn't completely realized it yet. And Rick was still all about Michonne, regardless of what was happening with Supakutz. See Conquer, First Time Again, JSS, Heads Up,
    Start To Finish, etc. Rick respects the hell out of Michonne so crossing the lines of friendship into something more is HUGE with him, and not something to take lightly by him , nor Michonne for that matter. And Michonne never really showed him full on obvious interest either so there is that as well.

Richonne were on their separate journeys, a bit at odds , but still connected. Just how I saw the clusterfu*k situation and not a slam on Richonne. Rick was of sound mind, body and soul when Richonne became canon and not chasing the ghost of his dead wife. Michonne realized Rick was who she wanted to be with after working through her trust issues and being a part of a community again. And they both had clarity together, were both on the same page when the magical kiss happened. There shouldn't have been a mourning period on sceen by Rick for a non entity character like Superkutz and there wasnt so Gimple made the right call there. Superkutz was not Ricks GF, SO, his Bae, shorty, boo, NADA. She was an annoying rando to get Rick from point A to point B. And the time jump was referenced in 6x10. How folks could think the AZers could rebuild everthing in two weeks when I believe Darly mentioned it to Denise that it had been six weeks since the herd happened. So, there you go. All good for me.

I chose to bask in the Richonne loveliness as well and focus on the positive then what "coulda, shoulda" happened in S6A.
    Richonne are madly and deeply in love and I am obsessively enjoying the hell out of them together. Those in the GA or anti Richonners that don't see it, well, they never will and no amount of in your face actions, or extraneous scenes/dialogue from Rick will ever convince them otherwise. They are the ones missing out on one of the greatest love stories ever told on screen. And I can't wait to see more of Richonne together showcasing their epic love for each other, handling Grimes 2.0, co-leading AZ and kicking Negan and the Saviors asses with TF. Too much goodness for me to be stuck on "what ifs" and the past with a dead and never coming back Superkutz.

#361 ALDGRichonneLover, Dec 27, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  2. Carribean_Queen

Carribean_Queen Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:

AMEN!

DavieVC likes this.
  3. Philly Girl

Philly Girl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    From their first meeting at the fence to their entrance at Alexandria the build up of Richonne was slow, steady and unwavering. Then the Jessie debacle happened. As stupid and unimaginable as that decision on Rick's part was it happened but thankfully it's over. After getting knocked up side the head by Michonne Rick finally started to get his head on straight. I believe before the chop he knew that Jessie wasn't the one. He never brought her around his people or his son and that is a big indicator of his intentions or lack there of.
    Carl being shot was the final push into sanity. Having Michonne kill Ron, be the first person to have his back during the walker hoard and help care for his son after his injury were huge neon signs saying "Its all right here idiot". And he finally, finally saw it.
    Rick is fu*king head over heels in love with Michonne. He falls deeper and deeper as time goes by. He ain't hiding nothing from nobody as evidenced by the hand hold in the rv the morning after Canon. He wants it known that he has claimed this woman, that they are a unit. Before he realized that he loved her he would do anything for her, now there is nothing he wouldn't do for her and no one he wouldn't kill who threatened her safety and well being. She has become the mother to his children and the love of his life.

DavieVC, Deep_Ricking, Rhona and 13 others like this.
  4. BumpinGrimes

BumpinGrimes Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    OMG, yes! Jessie was throwing herself at Rick because she was seeking protection. There had to be some "talk" around the new folks in the community and once she figured out Rick was the leader and that he took care of himself and his group, she set her sights on being the one-woman welcome wagon, despite having a drunken abusive husband at home. Rick was crying when she was cutting his hair--that's a man that definitely was not in a good emotional place and he confused his protective instinct with feelings.

After Michonne knocked some sense into him, and after that dark, desperate garage kiss, Rick wasn't confused anymore. The wall was being threatened by walkers and Rick was totally prepared to leave Alexandria only with the people he walked in with while giving Michonne lusty elevator looks LOL His mind was made up.

5. Dobbying

Dobbying Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    Exactly, the GA miss a lot of things that I would classify as obvious/clear. It's not like the writing on the show is overly sophisticated as it is and I really don't want the show to start spelling things out to appeal to the lowest common denominator. I think it's a shame to let the opinions/perceptions of others affect your personal enjoyment of the show.

#365 Dobbying, Dec 27, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  6. thepuma21

thepuma21 Watchtower Sniper
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Plus they kept Michonne separate from the mess, when in the comics Rick talks to her about the abuse. And on top of that it was made clear Messie meant little to him when he was prepared to leave her to basically die. I think Rick and Michonne liked eachother but never had a chance till they both settled and dealt with their ptsd. Because let's not forget Michonne has ptsd too. Rick wanting to be with Messie was just a manifestation of that, he thought he needed something familiar. Michonne's zoned out.
    Richonne is great, the time jump was obvious, nothing will ever ruin canon for me.

7. Carribean_Queen

Carribean_Queen Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:

"I not losing you or Carl or anyone else. I'm not losing anyone else."

8. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

The Jessie interest doesn't confuse me because I look at Richonne as a story of soul mates that went from strangers to friends to lovers. I think Jessie can become an issue if one looks at Richonne's story as two people that fell in love at first sight or very early on in their relationship because then it's as if he sidelined Michonne somehow or turned his attention from her to Jessie in a romantic way.

I think Gimple told Richonne's story in a way that they were drawn to each other immediately (as soul mates are) and they became very close but obstacles were always placed in their path to prevent them from going to that romantic level over and over again until he removed everything out of the way so that they could see what they had between them. I think I made a list of a few things in another thread awhile ago but it's like oh they are getting close at the prison, flu and then the Gov comes back, reunite at the house, the Claimers invade their home. Sitting by the fire making their way to Terminus, Claimers again show up. At Father G's church, Rick had to leave to rescue Carol and Beth etc, etc. It happened over and over but it was all done on purpose so that their "love epiphany" didn't happen until after the herd.

A lot of friends to lovers stories have it one sided or have them get physical and one or both feel it's a mistake, or they have them seperated or in other realtionships before they eventually get together. I like that Richonne (at least the way I see their story) realized their feelings together, at the same time and completely seperate from any drama or tragedy or other woman/man interference. Some romance stories work well with those elements but I just don't think it would have fit Rick and Michonne's character very well. I also would not want Michonne being portrayed as pining for Rick, jealous of Jessie or any of the nonsense that would have gone on if Rick and Michonne were portrayed as being aware of their feelings for each other.

9. ALDGRichonneLover

ALDGRichonneLover "I wanted it to be ours, me and you"
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Nestled in Ricks' murder coat and Michonnes' jeans
    Custom Banner

Yes, and this is why Michonne was on the peripheral of the Superkutz saga, doing her own healing, and not involved. It would have not have been in character for Michonne to get jealous over Superkutz or flirt with some rando guy when she had her own PTSD going on and hadn't even realized the magnitude of her feelings for Rick yet. It would not have made sense for either Rick nor Michonne if the writers had gone this typical romantic route and it would have detracted from the love story being told up to this point.

10. TakemetoRick

TakemetoRick Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    I agree with all of this. And I think it would have diluted the impact of Michonne and Rick finally getting together if they had made things one-sided or created a love triangle or a "will they or won't they" situation. Because TWD is a horror/drama, they can't devote a lot of time to romance in general, so it has to fit within the story when they are going to show the protagonist falling in love. I personally like the slow burn that led to Richonne and the way everything was subtle and layered.

11. walkinggirl26

walkinggirl26 Rick's Right-Hand Woman
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    It is exasperating when there was no overanalysis or play-by-play or triangulation of time periods or Monday morning quaterbacking or questioning the feelings or the depth of Glenn and Maggie's love who went on a run and did it in the pharmacy and, bam, they're a couple; Bob and Sasha got together on the road; Tyreese and Karen got together sometime after the Woodburians came to the prison; Beth and her couple of boyfriends who all bit the dust during the prison era; Abe dropping Rosita like a bad habit after a couple of episodes and going on with Sasha; Spencer and Rosita hooking up -- now, that's the definition of a hookup; Carol and Tobin -- just WTH? -- doing whatever it is they were doing sometime after the herd came through, Morgan and Carol or Ezekiel and Carol after one episode -- no one questions how or when any of these couples got together or will or may get together, but they've got a problem with Rick and Michonne after THREE seasons of being joined at the hip, more than all the other couples put together. Um, okay.

I'm tired of trying to figure it out or trying to understand what's really going on -- although I know some of it -- and I'm just going to continue enjoying my lovelies and all the Richonne goodness that's going to continue coming our way and ignore the rest of that nonsense. They are the best:flirt::hearts::rickgrin:

12. Rickdickulous Trash

Rickdickulous Trash Bring me the Samurai...
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Your post has me grinning and feeling all gooey inside!!!:hearts::holdheart::hearts::holdheart:

Loving those "Jessie was never end game" receipts (cause I'm a bitch) :mal:

BUT I REALLY LOVE WHEN YOU SAID:
    Rick is head over heels in love with MICHONNE and falls deeper and deeper as time goes by.

Deeeeeeep sigh.....

This is an undeniable truth:hearts::holdheart::hearts::holdheart:

DavieVC, SweetDee85, Rhona and 3 others like this.
  13. Philly Girl

Philly Girl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Oh my God. Yes, to everything you said. As long as Richonne keeps rolling along the hell with all of the haters.

14. Philly Girl

Philly Girl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    She was horrible. Jblah was no winner either. Rick has terrible taste in white women.

#374 Philly Girl, Dec 28, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  15. Ms.J.Richonne

Ms.J.Richonne "You can smile now"
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Oh my...... the SHADE!!!! I am dying right now...lmao

Philly Girl, abriaashley and Rhona like this.
  16. Danaisbestie

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

I wish they wouldn't put this stuff in the Richonne or Michonne tags

17. Richonnefya

Richonnefya Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    I'm sorry I didn't know I did something wrong. Is there another place to put this? I can just delete it. I think that possible. No worries. I'm not trying to cause any issues.

Rickdickulous Trash likes this.
  18. Danaisbestie

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Oh im sorry. I wasn't talking about your post here, I meant the Richonne tag on tumblr.

19. SweetDee85

SweetDee85 Richonne Trash
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I agree. I cringed when I saw it in the tag. Nothing to do with her or them. Plus most of those are not funny to me.

Me when I see them:

[​IMG]

:denise:

#379 SweetDee85, Dec 31, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    DavieVC, Bowie and Danaisbestie like this.
  20. Delightfully Thomi

Delightfully Thomi Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    What you wrote here is so powerful and true and sometimes I need to hear this! Thank you for making me remember this!

DavieVC, TakemetoRick and shannon like this.