1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Richonne General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Richonne Zone' started by Armte, May 6, 2016.

1. Rickdickulous Trash

Rickdickulous Trash Bring me the Samurai...
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I keep watching the YouTube views for the Richonne kissing videos. I love that they CONSISTENTLY increase!

Same with the fan vids.

DavieVC, shannon, epiath and 2 others like this.
  2. Rickdickulous Trash

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I can't believe I missed this post!

Great stuff here, so on the money!

Unlike, probably everyone, I don't hate the Jessie arc.

Now I love to hate Jessie for fun but I totally understand her position as a vehicle through which Rick fully makes his transformation from old world Rick to the new.

Also, the relationship between Rick and Michonne is so COLOSSAL and EPIC that it really illustrates the insignificance of Jessie.

3. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    My favorite part of their going canon was it was so damn grown up. No mind games, no jealousy, just a simple and very beautiful story of two friends who fall in love, who have that moment of clarity where they both realize their future was right next to them all along.

4. Mischonne

Mischonne Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    Yes..I agree.

After all they've been through I just can't see petty stuff (silly misunderstandings, other people) getting in the way of their relationship.

You know the kind of petty stuff that break marriages and relationships in a non apocalyptic world.

DavieVC, Philly Girl, CDCsuzy and 3 others like this.
  5. TexasZAgal

TexasZAgal Ricktator
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    This is why I love listening to Andy say that what Rick and Michonne have is a grown up love.

6. TakemetoRick

TakemetoRick Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    That's what I love about it, too. I really can't think of a more perfect way for two really interesting characters to meet, get to know each other and finally realize what they have together. And it does feel grown up. Not just because they didn't beat us over the head with drama or games, but because of who Rick and Michonne are as characters. I think they have a relationship of equals that is built on trust and respect. Neither brings more to the table than the other and it's a little bit unusual in that regard. I said this before somewhere else, but I loved how inevitable yet surprising their moment of realization was in 6.10. I knew that something was going to happen between them, but I couldn't believe it when it happened (and I wasn't reading spoilers back then). I like to rewatch season 1 for the contrast between Rick then and now. He's changed so much and it's so clear that Michonne loves Rick for who he is and vice versa.

7. Rickdickulous Trash

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    It would have sucked if Michonne was jealous and pining for Rick while the Jessie story unfolded!

I love Michonne and never, ever, want her to be portrayed as insecure because of a guy!

Not cool!

Even if it is Rick.

I appreciated that the show respected her character by keeping her out of that "Messie" situation.

Can you imagine the stink that would have created within the fandom...

8. ALDGRichonneLover

ALDGRichonneLover "I wanted it to be ours, me and you"
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Nestled in Ricks' murder coat and Michonnes' jeans
    Custom Banner
    The fandom would have lost their ever loving minds even moreso with that madness. It's bad enough Rick still gets hated on for Superkutz and some have never forgiven him for it, but to have Michonne pine AND jealous over that non-entity, non important, weak AF character when Michonne is all that and then some??! Yeah, no. I would have been a raging lunatic if that had happened. Michonne pines for no one! Not even for Rick Grimes. Point. Blank. Period. Gimple correctly left Michonne out of that situation.

9. sims24

sims24 Wearing a Necklace of Ears

Walker Pets:
    I just think the writers need to make it up to us by having Michonne more so pivotal to the Negan arc (beyond building Rick up like ok but she is still a co-leader so let her come up with some crucial plans or something idk) also Rick needs to tell her he is in love with her and he needs to propose or they get married. That is what I want and seeing the kind of guy he is I dont like the idea of them just being boyfriend and girlfriend it seems immature for their relationship. They have the husband and wife type of dynamic and it should be allowed to happen on the show and even if a Walker infestation weddings, babies and happiness still needs to be an option because those things wouldnt just stop because folks would still be having sex soooo

10. TakemetoRick

TakemetoRick Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    I agree. I think their relationship finally becoming canon has always felt serious and real. I can't imagine a future for them where they don't make a traditional commitment that involves marriage. It seems like it fits with who Rick is and who Michonne is with Rick, notwithstanding whatever her feelings about marriage might once have been.

11. Philly Girl

Philly Girl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Oh yeah, I noticed that. Reason # 428 to hate Andrea actually. I was like really, after she saved you from dying and drug you around for months and kept you alive you pick the "D" over her. Michonne was so hurt by Andrea's betrayal, you could see it in her face as she walked away while Andrea still held the gun on her. Then to add insult to injury, after the knock down drag out fight with the Governor and her BFF pulling a gun on her, Rick and the family all pointed guns at her head when she got back. She's standing there betrayed by her friend, beat to shit, face tore up, shot in the leg, guns in her face, disarmed, crazy guy growling at her. I just wanted to give her a hug!

12. Ms.J.Richonne

Ms.J.Richonne "You can smile now"
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Girl yes. That ish hurt my damn feelings too. It was clear that Michonne had been in a battle and not with TF and they still drew down on her. I did give her a hug....in my head.

13. Philly Girl

Philly Girl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I was also mad cause seeing how beat up she was nobody asked if she was okay, they just drew down on her.

14. Ms.J.Richonne

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Ya know they sure didnt give a ish. No one asked what happened at all.

Philly Girl and DavieVC like this.
  15. Rickdickulous Trash

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    So true! They really dogged her out!

Which is sad but..

The way you described Andrea's behavior is hilarious!

16. Philly Girl

Philly Girl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    No fu*ks given. Poor baby, I wanted to slap the hell out of all of them.

17. Ms.J.Richonne

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Yes the family was fuggs deficient, not nary one to be found. So happy they came to their senses.

DavieVC, MrsG and Philly Girl like this.
  18. walkinggirl26

walkinggirl26 Rick's Right-Hand Woman
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Lol! You guys are cracking me up, but, yeah, that was pretty messed up that nobody asked her if she was all right and then her having to deal with Andrea's trifling a**. I think even sweet Maggie had a gun on her. When folks say that Rick was so mean to her in the beginning and they can't ever ship Richonne, I always think about that time and remember that most of TF drew guns on her, Daryl his crossbow, and even Carl had his hand on his gun when he was watching Hershel patch her up, but those same people don't have a problem with Maggie and Michonne being family now or shipping her with Daryl or seeing her as Carl's mother figure. It was only Rick that could never be forgiven. SMH.

19. Philly Girl

Philly Girl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Yep. Wonder why only her SO/love interest should not be forgiven? Hmmmmmmm.
    Yeah even sweet Maggie, sigh. Don't matter really though. All is forgiven by me (not forgotten though). Richonne lives and gives me life.

20. Ms.J.Richonne

Patron

Walker Pets:
    The entire family was savages towards Michonne in the beginning. All is forgiven.

#400 Ms.J.Richonne, Jan 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017