1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Spoilers Richonne Spoilers & Speculation Thread Part 4

Discussion in 'The Richonne Zone' started by Clutterbuck, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cousin Peaches

Cousin Peaches Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    Yes, I'm sure Rick would be nervous during Michonne's pregnancy, especially after what happened with Lori. But pregnancy has always been risky and dangerous. In a lot of places, it still is. It's only been in the past 60 to 70 years with modern medicine and hospitals more available that pregnancy and childbirth has become safer in the US. I have family members that I knew, born in the 20th century, whose mothers died in childbirth. One was my grandmother whose mother died giving birth to her and her twin, who also died. In TWD world they still have some tech and doctors with knowledge so it's likely still safer than it was when my grandmother was born in the 1920s. As long as the doctors don't die--they love killing doctors on this show--and they have access to electricity.

DavieVC, Rhona, shannon and 7 others like this.
  2. Casey

Casey Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    Definitely. The two experiences the group has had with pregnancy so far have come with devastation. If it ever came to that Rick would probably be terrified she'd die during/after or have to have a C-section (which is almost guaranteed death since they don't have the resources for that) He'd probably want to sequester her to the house.

I think if they ever do get pregnant, it'll come with some kind of loss, in some capacity. Lori died to bring Judith. Glenn died within weeks of Mags getting pregnant. I'm not saying it'll be death, but it'll be something.

3. epiath

epiath Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Oh well, let's hope they are being careful.....

Rickdickulous Trash likes this.
  4. Carribean_Queen

Carribean_Queen Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:

They don't seem to be wrapping it and he only came home with mints that faithful night. Pulling out ain't that effective either. Maggie is pregnant ... they now have an OBGYN at Hilltop who owes his life to Rick's team.

Me having a tantrum .... we wnnna #BabyRichonne .... we wanna #BabyRichonne.

5. TakemetoRick

TakemetoRick Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    I think given what happened to Lori, losing Michonne in childbirth is likely to be one of Rick's fears. But I also imagine that it's a decision they would make together to take the risk of something going wrong. I know there are inherent risks to pregnancy and childbirth and the ZA makes it more complicated and dangerous, but OTOH, the human race has persisted and thrived for thousands of years mostly without the modern standards/technology we are used to. So, yes there are increased risks, but probably in the range of a couple of percentage points vs. the fractions of decimals we are comfortable with now in terms of risk. The odds are actually in their favor that everything will be fine.

I'm actually hoping that they just tell us she's pregnant and then show us a baby or toddler. I don't like birth-drama on tv.

6. _twdkingdoms_

_twdkingdoms_ Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    I agree:)

7. _twdkingdoms_

_twdkingdoms_ Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    Thank you so much, I was so worried:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Gekari likes this.
  8. epiath

epiath Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    DWL

TakemetoRick likes this.
  9. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

We don't really know what they are doing or not doing as far as contraception goes. It hasn't really come up on the show yet....So far we've seen them after they had sex and Rick wanting sex so they could be using condoms from the infirmary, pulling out, nothing at all, or one of them is fixed and it doesn't matter anyway.

With Glenn and Maggie, contraception and worries about being pregnant were a part of their story. Abe talked about doubling it up with Rosita and he discussed having a child with Sasha...so I'm pretty sure we will get insight into what Richonne is doing as far as pregnancy is concerned and how they feel about having a baby at some point.

#749 Danaisbestie, Dec 31, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  10. TakemetoRick

Walker Pets:
    I'm giggling at the idea that Richonne would try to prevent pregnancy with Rick's pullout game. I would imagine they are using condoms because that's probably the easiest solution and someone must have found a cvs that was fully supplied and the ASZ is good on birth control methods for a few years at least.

But I am holding out hope that we'll find out some good stuff in 7.12.

11. winter

winter Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
    I think that from now on Rick will mostly have deep and personal conversations about himself only with Michonne (and maybe occasionally Carl.) He will only have deep conversations with someone else if he's talking about how much Michonne means to him. :love:

12. Casey

Casey Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    Condoms are good for up to five years so as far as preventing pregnancy they should be good for at least a while lol

DavieVC, Minty, lanielove and 7 others like this.
  13. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I don't remember if this was brought up already (and I'm not sure this is the right thread for it), but I remember some were wondering why Rick would envision Sasha pregnant in his dream sequence, and whether he'd heard Abe telling her he was willing to start a family.

I'm watching 7x01 now (don't ask - I can't bring myself to turn the marathon off today) and when Rick has his memories of everyone, one memory for both Abe and Sasha is the moment in the RV when Abe talked about having a family. So he did hear it and it stayed with him.

I bring it up here because many of us felt his memories of Michonne were significant, which means what he remembered about the others have meaning, too. And some of us also thought he envisioned Sasha pregnant because Sasha will reveal she's pregnant at some point. But
    if the spoilers about Sasha are true, Sasha will not be pregnant.

So why show Rick remembering that moment in the RV when Abe tells Sasha he is willing to start a family twice? The only reason I can think of is Rick overheard Abe say this and it resonated with him. I've believed for a while that Rick will ask Michonne to marry him and they'll choose to have another child. I have no thoughts on when this will happen, but I won't be surprised if Abe's talk with Sasha stays with Rick and we learn in the Negan aftermath that he's been thinking the same thing for a while.

ETA: This is speculation.

14. Deep_Ricking

Deep_Ricking I like it raw.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Chaos likes this.
  15. Rhona

Rhona Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I agree. I think since Negan can't get his wives pregnant (from what we have seen so far from the cell), and the way he is jealous of Rick, I can see him kidnapping their baby. If Negan is still alive or a threat that is and he will be for a long time from what Ihear. I can just see the utter happiness of a child being born destroyed by devastation. I put nothing past Negan.

16. Chaos

Chaos Searching for my Snatched Wig
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Lmaoooo :lol::lol::lol:

17. TakemetoRick

Walker Pets:
    Does anyone else think that our big Richonne episode is purposefully timed to enable a Richonne baby?

18. MsAntiSocial

MsAntiSocial Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    How does the timing allow for a baby?

19. Richonne4Lyfe

Richonne4Lyfe Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Do we know if the shower thing has been proven false? :tara:

Delightfully Thomi likes this.
  20. TakemetoRick

Walker Pets:
    Oh, I don't have any inside info. I'm just speculating that maybe because they are giving us a Richonne sex episode in 7B, they are intending for this to be the setup for an eventual reveal that Michonne is pregnant at some point next season. Time passes more slowly on the show than IRL, so it's possible that by the time we get there, it will fit with the timeline for the next MSF.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.