1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion/Meta Rick and Michonne both LIE in the last scene

Discussion in '7x04: Service' started by Barbarossa-TWD, Nov 15, 2016.

1. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Thank you for posting the interview, @Barbarossa-TWD. I really enjoyed that. I also love the bit about why Negan doesn't take their knives. Very interesting.

Marcie69 likes this.
  2. DCBABY

DCBABY Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    My speculation: there are guns in or near that rusted out car. I didn't understand why she went back to the car gun-less unless she was just meditating, but she may be guarding her stash. XD

3. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    [​IMG]
    Interdependent Nature of the Universe
    • Yin, represented by the black image, symbolizes the feminine energy in all reality. Feminine principles include receptivity, the earth and darkness. The symbol for active and masculine qualities, Yang, symbolizes heaven. Together, Yin and Yang form an interdependent and dynamic whole, the image of which symbolizes the whole of Chinese cosmology. The dots of opposing colors in the Yin and Yang symbol show the perpetual flow of light into dark, masculine into feminine, and the interdependent flow of all apparent dualities.
    The Changing State of Reality
    • Yin and Yang also represent the dynamic and ceaseless state of change in which all reality participates. According to the symbol, just as morning follows night and night follows day, Yin always contains the seed of Yang and Yang includes the Yin principle. The core meanings related to Yin and Yang, harmony and change, reveal essential ways that ancient and contemporary Chinese cultures view the world and their roles in the world. Yin and Yang offer hope that difficulties will evolve into better conditions. They also provide wisdom that the best of times can and do change, so preparation and perspective make wise approaches to life's constantly changing landscape.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are physically disconnected and their chi energy can't flow.

4. AbsoluteTrash

AbsoluteTrash Caressing Eugene's Mullet
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I am almost positive that there has to be guns hidden around/still in Alexandria so I know Michonne lied at least. Not sure if Michonne knows where all of them are though. Maggie, Glenn and Michonne were taking guns and hiding them throughout the community in case of emergency. Michonne and Glenn take off in the middle of the task to get Daryl. Maggie still seems to have went about her day after this incident. Maggie finished up and then preceded to cut her hair.

Glenn knew where the guns were (RIP). Maggie knows. And Michonne. I find it hard to believe that all the guns are gone. People signed out guns all the time. And it appears those were not the guns the saviors were adamant about getting. Heath and Tara would have signed out guns from the community and they can't be checked in at this point.

Who knows? What if Maggie actually checked out those guns. Or they never bothered to sign in all of Negan's outpost guns. The gun in the fireplace is just one of the many locations in Alexandria where guns are hidden.

PLUS, I just don't think the writers would pass up an opportunity to have Negan take Rick's signature gun (colt python) away. It would be the ultimate form of emasculating Rick.

Denie39 and Barbarossa-TWD like this.
  5. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:

I think Misty Knight is right that this is a reversal of Rick hiding guns from Michonne when they first came to Alexandria. He knows she has them but he is warning her not to use them. They took Rick's gun during the line up. Fat Joey has it and was pointing it at Daryl.

cadence_T likes this.
  6. Lennykae

Lennykae Scott Gimple is the Janet Evanovich of TV.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I want to believe....

I don't remember all the dialogue from when they planned the raid, but wouldn't a lot of this involve an assumption that The Saviors didn't have an inventory of their weapons? Rick is taking the risk of Negan killing someone else very seriously and I feel he would know there are more guns hidden/missing even if he doesn't know where Chonne, Mags, and Glenn put them. If he believes there are more, then I like the idea of him essentially saying "keep them hidden," but you'd have to hope they didn't come with their own list.

I will add, I really really hope there are some hidden far far away bc I find it hard to believe that in the three days or so post-LV, nobody thought to set some aside. Or alter the books in some way.

#26 Lennykae, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    coffeebean and Cousin Peaches like this.
  7. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    As soon as I saw the sneak peek of Michonne in 7.04 getting that rifle from the fireplace, I thought of that scene in East when Maggie talked about hiding some of the guns. I think there's more somewhere else.

8. Denie39

Denie39 Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I forgot about that scene in East. I'm going to agree that there are probably more guns hidden somewhere in AZ and they aren't marked in the books. Essentially the "magic guns" Negan quipped about near the end. He didn't know how right he might be, lol.

box5angel likes this.
  9. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    She had that bag when she went to the field and saw the mattresses. It was empty

box5angel likes this.
  10. Motherdick

Motherdick Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:

Very nice very nice

11. Cousin Peaches

Cousin Peaches Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    Watching the show I was wondering if the grave that F. Gabriel dug is full of guns. No one could have known that Negan was going to come and ask for Maggie, so a third grave was dug for a another reason. It contains no body, according to Gabriel. I did consider that maybe they did it to hide the fact that Maggie is at Hilltop, but they'd still have to explain where Sasha is if Negan had asked for her. I think he and Rick may have secretly buried some weapons.

I think Rick and Michonne are lying, or not fully divulging all the details, to each other in an attempt to protect and keep the other safe. Of course, they'll realize that they don't have to do that because they are Richonne and come together again!

#31 Cousin Peaches, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  12. Lennykae

Patron

Walker Pets:

I started thinking this too. I was noticing how relaxed and motivational he was the entire time and I don't think he'd tell Rick until the right time. I prefer this to Richonne actively lying.

Of course Gabe being that much of a boss could be me wishcasting on these writers. But I think it's possible.

13. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I think you are right. This episode showed how ALL the major players at ASZ on the chess board are preparing to fight back.

• Queen Michonne preparing herself by learn another move besides the katana
    • Bishops Daryl and Father G preparing to give Rick strategic advantage. Daryl info from inside the sanctuary and Father G hid Maggie and more guns
    • Knights Tara and Carol still out of range
    • Rooks Rosita and Carl have already shown they want to fight

14. Richonne4Lyfe

Richonne4Lyfe Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    How does Michonne have her katana though :rickwtf:

15. Lennykae

Patron

Walker Pets:

Danai said something like he let them keep knives bc they're less problematic than guns. It limits them if they wanted to attack. Paraphrasing.

Richonne4Lyfe likes this.
  16. Richonne4Lyfe

Richonne4Lyfe Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Thats a good point :sadmaggie:

17. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think there could be guns hidden by Maggie but I don't think there's a secret plan on either of their parts. TV Rick is not Comic Rick....he really doesn't want to fight right now so he's not biding his time... he can't see a way to win without the numbers. Eventually he will realize they have to fight but some more badness has to happen before that fire inside him is lit again. Once it is then he will be on the same page with Michonne and then they will formulate a plan.

That is the big difference between Richonne and Randrea....in the comics Rick was secretly planning and then let Andrea in on it but Richonne is going to work together.

18. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    S6.E.9
    Glenn: Maybe when they searched this place, they missed something.
    Enid: Depends if it was Aiden or Heath's group who went through it.
    Glenn: Look in the Bibles, too. Could've hollowed out the pages.
    Enid: Are you serious?
    Glenn: We have two bullets. People holed up in here-- people hide guns, ammo.

[​IMG]

This was a conversation Glenn had with Enid before the church was enclosed in the community. Also there was a scene can't remember the episode where Glenn, Maggie and Sasha are savaging and Glenn says something about "anything that is worth anything now is hidden" and he finds the silencers in the freezer.

19. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    We haven't seen much of anything. This episode we saw Rick asleep then with Negan and 5 minutes at the end with Michonne. I definitely think he is NOT broken if he has a plan he is still keeping it close to his chest.

coffeebean and zahira like this.
  20. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I saw a lot in episode 4. Michonne wants to fight and Rick doesn't because they don't have the numbers...he said that in the episode. If he had a plan, he would have told her. His plan right now is to do what Negan says.