1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Rick's new attitude

Discussion in '6x10: The Next World' started by Doctor Grimes, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Was anyone else completely charmed by Rick's new outlook on life? He was snapping his fingers in the car, he was open to inviting Jesus to their community, hell he left a care note for Jesus even after Jesus was responsible for them losing the supplies.

I am digging this new, warmer Rick. He makes my heart sing.

What about you guys? You digging the new Rick? Or is he a bit too giddy for your tastes?

2. Leannan

Leannan Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    Are you kidding me?
    I am so in love with this Rick. He's a joy and after everything he's been through, it's nicethat Rick is finally seeing how lucky he truly is in that life.
    He's a family man, and can joke with everyone. It's great to see him with a sense of humor. I hope we see more of this rick before other things come their way.

Nightmare and Doctor Grimes like this.
  3. forevermichonne

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I loved that he was talking about "the law of averages" the whole way and inviting all of this good energy and TALKING TO DARYL ABOUT GOOD THINGS HAPPENING admitting that he was wrong when they first stepped in those walls and owning up to it.
    This is everything I wanted from Rick. I tell you, I fell in love with this man all over again.

4. Michele

Michele Code Poet
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    No, I love him like that too, he needs down moments too. He can't be tensed and alert 24/7 it would break him like we saw in previous seasons. And like he said himself he has hope now so it's only clear that we see it reflecting on his new way of life.
    And we saw he still can turn up if danger arises like in the bedroom with Jesus.

5. blacklitchick

blacklitchick Black Girl Magic
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    This is how they made me. Houston, Texas baby.
    I'm 100% here for this new and improved Rick. He has a new, hopeful outlook on life, but he's still a warrior. He's still going to do everything in his power to protect his family and community. This is the Rick Grimes we (and Michonne) always knew he could be.

6. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Murder Rick, Daddy Rick, Snuggly Rick, COUNTRY BUMPKIN DORKY Rick!

I adore each and every one of them. They are all part of his development as a character and what make him who he is. And, while I know he'll soon get back into feral snarly mode, I will enjoy every second of this lighter Rick that I can.

One of the best non-Richonne part of last night's episode was Rick purposely swerving the car so Jesus would fall into Daryl. I wanted to reach through my screen to hug him for being too freaking adorable!

7. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yesssss Rick swerving the car so Jesus would tip onto Daryl's shoulder was my favorite underrated little gem. (Barring all the Grimes family interaction). It was too precious and totally highlighted Rick's new outlook on life.

birdnmouse likes this.
  8. forevermichonne

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    It was such a breathe of fresh air, so surprising. Andy said he was gonna be lighter this season but dang I wasn't prepared for him to be that light!
    It really drives home the idea that he was living without hope for all of this time. My heart aches for that, but I'm so happy that we see him on the other side of it.

#8 forevermichonne, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    birdnmouse likes this.
  9. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Do I even have to say anything? If I do I might cry or some ridiculous shit.

10. Tater

Tater Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    This Rick reminded me of 4b Rick on the tracks before he bit and spit out Joe's jugular. Undoubtedly this Rick is more hopeful and more relaxed than 4B train tracks Rick but this idea that this Rick was OOC is dead wrong when you think of how he was on the tracks.

11. birdnmouse

birdnmouse Guest

Yes!! I smiled a ton, but the car swerving was the only thing that made me laugh outloud. That tickled me for some reason.

Yes, new Rick was so light and earnest, that I almost couldn't look at him on the screen at times. I love his heart. It's still there despite all of the shit he's been through and Michonne sees it. Always has.

I do think he was maybe a touch too light on the mission? He and Daryl seemed a little sloppy to me. I appreciated the comedy, but he needs to put his game face on for the next outing because he won't be lucky enough to encounter another Jesus.

12. cgomes

cgomes Ricktator
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I'm loving this new Rick so much!! It makes me so proud of him!

I liked when he admitted to Daryl that he was wrong and didn't see what the others were trying to tell him, yes, now he can see it. He's found a perfect balance that's what he needed. He'd still do what has to be done, but, now he's happy, focused on his family, he's accepted this new world and wants to live... It's so good to see him like that!

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  13. thenidefyyoustars

thenidefyyoustars Vault-Tec's #1 Richonne Shipper
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Rick jamming to music, being easy going, and inviting Jesus in about killed me before he even touched Michonne.

forevermichonne likes this.
  14. Misty Knight

Patron

Walker Pets:
    My fave Rick up until last night was season 4 Rick, he still had his issues, but after season 3, it was just a breath of fresh air. And now we have an even lighter Rick who has fought and WON his mental battle, it just makes me really happy. This is the Rick that inspires me.

Now, I do lust after murder-Rick in 5A, but mentally unhindged Rick, no, no, no. I care about Rick just as much as Michonne and it hurt and made me angry to see how lost he was, I gotta side-eye Rick "fans" who want their fave to be miserable forever.

15. forevermichonne

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    When Rick and Daryl both pointed their guns at Jesus and he said something about him not being a bad guy...

When Rick said "Well then what do you know about us then?"

Y'all...

[​IMG]

He just flipped so fast. Ricks lighter, but he knows how to rip a throat out.

16. DirtieBirdie

DirtieBirdie Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Happy, smiley Rick = a happy, smiley me. I want him to be happy because if there's anyone who needs a little levity, it's this gorgeous man.

And while feral, murderous Rick does all kinds of thangs to my ovaries, light Rick makes my heart sing.

I think we got more Rick smiles in this one episode than we have in all of the episodes combined. I may just be right about this. Who wants to the research?

Kazuhira, Empress and Doctor Grimes like this.
  17. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Even Rick just twirling the keys without a care in the world. He just refused to let anything ruin his day.

They lost their cargo due to Jesus's mucking with them, but then Rick doesn't put a bullet in Jesus's skull -- he shows concern and even takes him back to their home.

It's just so...
    [​IMG]

18. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    "It ain't all of it, but that's me."
    It goes back to 4x16 when he made peace with the beast. That beast isn't going anywhere, when it needs to come out it will.

19. Empress

Empress Permanently mourning Glenn Rhee
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    He’s like a completely different person compared to his crazy town trip in 5B/partial 6A, and his miserable time on the road (which also speaks to the unquestionable talent of Sir Andrew Lincoln, that he can act out Rick’s new ‘tude and have it feel so genuine and natural).
    I won’t attribute this all to Richonne of course, I am trash but I know better, but that is apart of it. Or rather, it’s something that’s come of it, now that he’s ready. I know this time won’t last, this time of general calm, even the Jesus chase thing was more funny than anything else, but I’m enjoying it while we can. I’m so happy to see him happy, I know he’s a fictional character in a fictional world, but I’m attached and I want him to have something to really live for, not just survive for. I talk about Michonne a lot and all the things she deserves, being my favourite and all, but Rick deserves those things just as much. I hope we’ll always have a bit of happy Rick, even when Negan shows up. Crazy Rick is interesting to watch, but happy Rick makes my heart sing.

@dirtiebertie17
    We basically said the exact same thing, I didn't read yours until I had written mine out. Great minds and all that :p

DirtieBirdie and Doctor Grimes like this.
  20. DirtieBirdie

DirtieBirdie Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Great minds indeed. I think we all feel this way. Why wouldn't we want these two to be happy, right? At least for a little? I think having the characters wallow in misery forever isn't interesting, and when horrific things do happen (which they are bound to do again) it'll make them all the more dramatic and emotional.

Empress likes this.