1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Spoilers Rick's "Right Hand" man

Discussion in 'Speculation' started by NegansSavior, Oct 9, 2016.

1. NegansSavior

NegansSavior Searching for Sophia

Walker Pets:
    After watching the newest clip from NYCC, I'm thinking that Negan is dragging Rick away to "axe" his hand off. What do you think?

2. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    I think if he was gonna Take his hand he would do it so everyone could see. How better to further intimidate the group. I think Negan is going to try to further break Rick psychologically and a one-on-one setting is more personal. It's also creepy for the group because they have no idea what's going on inside. It's also a further step to establish what's his. The rv is now his domain.

21melpomene, Tori and MamaGrimes like this.
  3. LavenderNight

LavenderNight Den Mother
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Nah, too expensive for AMC with the CGI effect.
    Carl without an eye is easy, give him a bandage or an eye patch and you are done.
    But the main character with a green glove or a prosthesis like Merle for the rest of the series? I can't see it.

Denie39, Tori, gmc_vitamind and 3 others like this.
  4. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    I thought this thread was going to be about who we thought Rick's right hand man was LOL.

5. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Rick will not, can not, should not lose his hand.

Michonne is his right hand woman which Negan will find out when she helps Rick kick his ass in season 8.

6. walkinggirl26

walkinggirl26 Rick's Right-Hand Woman
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    That's what I think as well. People keep saying Daryl is Rick's right-hand man, but Michonne has pretty much been in that spot for a while now, but that would be the last thing that Negan would think being the misogynist douche bag that he is, but he will soon find out.

And Rick's not losing his hand. Negan just likes to psychologically torture people. Your imagination can think of far worse things than reality, so he knows by dragging Rick into the RV and letting them freak out over what he's doing to him in there will break them down even further,.

7. Walkingonsunshine

Walkingonsunshine The Ones Who Live
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I do think 'right hand' purposefully worded because they are baiting GN readers/those who know comic Rick lost his hand. Just like they kept mentioning Holly only for her to die anti-climatic death that was nothing like her comic counterpart. They are basically yanking our chains with the wording.

Now what I think will happen is Negan's own underestimation of women and his own bias of what makes a 'strong' male is going to bite him in the ass because he thinks by killing Glenn and Abe and taking Daryl he has weakened Rick's crew beyond retaliation by leaving them with just the 'nerdy' Eugene, the 'one eyed kid' Carl and the 'boy scout' A-A-Ron and a bunch of women (Rosita, Maggie, Sasha, and Michonne). Little does he know this crew possesses more than enough brawn and brains to take jabs at his pseudo-empire. Then of course there are the wild cards of TF he knows nothing about like Fr. G, Morgan and Carol who are all killers and then Tara and Enid who haven't come fully into their own but have potential. Negan is now the one doing the underestimating by solely targeting the 'strong looking' men of Rick's crew.

So yes the show is not taking Rick's literal right hand like in the comic but remixing it by taking away the right hand men that Rick has come to depend on. They are going the figurative route with this 'hand' thing instead of costing them millions by actually taking his hand.

As for Michonne she's way more than a right hand she's Rick's every limb in my opinion so really the test will come when I think something bad will happen to her after their heartfelt 712 episode and Rick after an episode that shows how important Michonne is to him will have to tackle her possible death and if Rick is still teetering the edge of fight or submit when it comes to Negan this would be the final nudge he needs to go into fight mode and fully recover from losing some of his strongest and most-trusted men. Especially since at this point (which I think will be around the MSF) the stars would have aligned with his alliances of other communities (Hilltop, Kingdom, Garbage Pail Kids, and Oceanside) and his now most trusted crew of TF ladies may have already gone on the offensive and developed a good chemisty of fighting Saviors together making it time to take the fight to Negan's doorstep.

#7 Walkingonsunshine, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  8. Flower1petals

Flower1petals Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    The probably have run out of the CGI budget with Shiva. They are not spending any more.

9. MrsG

MrsG The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    Yaasss! Negan will learn soon enough.

10. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    To be fair, he did say, "one of these fine people", so he was being inclusive of everyone there. That said, he still is a misogynistic douche bag. :negan:

11. zahira

zahira Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    ni rick will not lose hands

12. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    That's what I thought too. :laugh:

But to answer the question, nah.

13. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    OT:
    A-A-Ron. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I see what you did there. I cackled.

MrsG likes this.
  14. Tori

Tori The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    I noticed he said that too. He didn't say men he said one of these fine people. That includes the women.

MrsG and Gooey Goobert like this.
  15. NegansSavior

Walker Pets:
    Did anyone see the ring in the mix of the blood?

16. MrsG

MrsG The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    I did. Looked like one anyway.

17. Richonne4Lyfe

Richonne4Lyfe Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Who did you guys hear crying in the background?

I heard Sasha,Rosita,and possibly Maggie

18. NegansSavior

Walker Pets:
    Abraham has been my favorite since he joined the show so I'm really hoping it's not him... #saveabe As far as the positioning is concerned, it looks like it might be him...

19. beccydurrans

beccydurrans Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    I think taking Rick's hand off would cost AMC too much with editing it out every single episode. They worded it that way just to trick us maybe? I mean they do like to include things which make you think something is going to happen when it actually doesn't :cautious:

Richonne4Lyfe and NegansSavior like this.
  20. Richonne4Lyfe

Richonne4Lyfe Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Its a little teaser.Like when he said "not THAT pregnant lady."...making peeps think Michonne is pregnant.