1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Rosita Criticism Thread

Discussion in 'Rosita / Christian Serratos' started by Lickidesplit, May 4, 2016.

1. Lickidesplit

Lickidesplit 2/21/16
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Omg, I can't believe I just wasted a thread on this but I really do not like Rosita. I have nowhere to vent so I created a place. I get a serious Jessie vibe from her. She is the pretty Latina, Nothing more nothing less. Now, I get the feeling TWD is trying to hook her up with Daryl. This pisses me off because this will push her up to leading lady status and possibly build her fan base. All due to the fact, she's banging the golden boy. Michonne had to Damn near become Hattori Hanzo to build a decent fan base. Carol had to go through a complete metamorphosis before people started liking her. Rosita had to fuck Daryl. Hmm? Really? I know what you are thinking, this did not happen yet. It's just speculation. Lol, I'm just so annoyed. I had to get it off my chest.

Do you agree or disagree?
    Am I just being a bitter bitch taking it out on poor innocent Rosita?

2. Caribbeanqueen11

Caribbeanqueen11 Supplier of Mints
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Vent away my friend.

I don't mind Rosita, I started tolerating her more this season but I do not think they are heading to a Daryl/Rosita pairing. I know the fans seem to always jump to that conclusion when a woman spends more than 5 seconds with a guy (except for Michonne apparently but I won't even go there).

I don't think they will give her a leading lady status. For a quick minute I was worried they would give her Andreas story and pair her with Rick, especially after Abe made it clear he was gonna pursue Sasha and I knew the Jesse chop would play out, but thank God they didn't.

I don't believe NR wants to be in a romantic relationship and I get the impression that if he did the likely candidate would be Carol.

Lickidesplit and yuna like this.
  3. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm not concerned about Rosita and Daryl hooking up just yet. I don't see anything to suggest it will happen.

Unfortunately, Rosita is still very much small time. She doesn't have a lot of popularity or a big fan base. A side-effect of not having much screen time or much to do.

I wish they would give us more dimensions go Rosita so she can grow beyond just being another pretty face. I believe there's potential there, it just has to be explored.

I hope she learns to become independent without a man as it seems relationships are her crutch.

4. Caribbeanqueen11

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I also think they will likely follow Rosita's story from the comics, because it is important for the future. I would say don't panic yet it's waaaaay too early. IF and that's a really big IF anything happens it won't be in S7 IMO.. So you'll have some time to go postal! LOL

Lickidesplit and Shown like this.
  5. Caribbeanqueen11

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Thanks for this @Doctor Grimes. I would also point out her conversation with Denise when Denise said that she is afraid to be alone. I think that had a profound impact on her and she likely won't be looking for any type of relationship in the near future.

Also sadly you are right re her fan base. mostly you'll see men (or women) on sites wishing she had more nude scenes. Sadly the focus is more on her looks than anything else. This is the same as the comics mind you, she's just the "hot chick" so I'm glad they are giving her a little more substance. If the intent is to follow the comic arc for her I'm hopeful they will expand her character beyond the "hot Latino that needs a man", it's serously getting old.

box5angel, Minty, candi18z and 5 others like this.
  6. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I can't even form an opinion on Rosita because she's just there. Unlike her companions, Eugene and Abe, she hasn't been granted the same amount of consideration or attention from the writers. I think she has potential to be more as a character, and I certainly hope they take her further than the GN ever did. But I don't see the writers suddenly promoting her to leading lady when they can't even be bothered to develop her as a side character, and I definitely don't see that happening because of a relationship with Daryl of all people.

7. Lolololove3

Lolololove3 Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    I actually like Rosita I like how sassy (sometimes bitchy) she is and I think she has potential. The problem is her fans. Ask them what they like about rosita and you can almost guarantee they say "She's hot" like wtf???? Same with a lot of Maggie fans too tbh and it pisses me off.

8. Caribbeanqueen11

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm always so surprised by this response especially when it comes from heterosexual women! I'm like WTF! All you want for this character you love is for her to be/look hot? I have read entire threads on how great Maggie looked in her boots or a certain outfit. Mind you she was in the episode for all of 25 seconds and said maybe thtee lines, so you'd think as fans they'd mix it up by throwing a complaint for more screen time, but nah!

Lolololove3 and yuna like this.
  9. Lickidesplit

Lickidesplit 2/21/16
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    This is the reason I get the Jessie vibe. She doesn't really do anything. She's just hot.

10. Lolololove3

Lolololove3 Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    I hateeeee when people say they 'love' Maggie and she's 'their favorite character and then I ask what they like about her and they're like "she's hot" I love Maggie so that shit is FUCKING insulting. Same with Rosita fans. These women have more to offer than their looks.

11. Lolololove3

Lolololove3 Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    I think Rosita has more potential and baddasery than that blonde chick but both of their fans are infuriating.

Glory likes this.
  12. Lickidesplit

Lickidesplit 2/21/16
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Everyone is pairing off. Imo, Daryl and Rosita are spending time together. I'm no prophetess but Darsita/Rosyl will happen sometime during season 7.

Glory and Denie39 like this.
  13. thesamurai

thesamurai The World Is Ours
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Well I think she's hot AND skilled *shrug*

I wouldn't consider her to be at the same basic levels as Olay was. Unlike Olay, Rosita knows how to survive. She gets harshly dumped by the man she loves and what happens like two days later? She joins Rick's group to help kill the Saviors instead of staying at home moping about being dumped. She didn't let having a broken heart cause a hindrance to her friends when she was needed for battle. She was strong enough to put her personal feelings aside and did what she needed to do for the group, and for all of ASZ. She helped kill lots of Saviors at the base, and took down the last Savior that was trying to escape on Daryl's bike.

Like others have said here, the writers havn't really given her much screen time to show the audience how strong and capable she really is, but personally I see her strength already.

I don't know where fans are coming up with a possible Daryl/Rosita romance next season, especially when Daryl shares a very deep and intimate relationship with Carol. Just because Daryl and Rosita have interacted does not mean that they are automatically going to get together. Michonne has interacted with Daryl and they never hooked up. And personally I don't even see the writers putting Daryl in a relationship ever on this show. Before I thought they would eventually put him with Carol, but now that it's season 7 I'm starting to think it's not happening now. I think they want him to be seen as asexual, and if that's the case I don't see Rosita wanting to get with him.

#13 thesamurai, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
    Lolololove3, yuna and Canuckgirl like this.
  14. zahira

zahira Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    i don't care about her . But i really don't see her with Daryl

FLNatural and yuna like this.
  15. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    I think Rosita has potential to be amazing... but dear LORD does she get on my last Black nerve.

I CRINGED when people started shipping her w/ Daryl due to that scene w/ Denise. I'm not sure if it was a hint or not, a bit of foreshadowing on Gimple's part. Only time will tell.

I myself am ready to see her get more than scenes where she comes off as so bitchy. I am sure she has other personality traits. I would like to see them. Thanks.

I always kinda wanted Spencer w/ Sasha, so I really don't support Rosita and Spencer... he's just a jump off which is a shame cus he is soooooooooooooooooooo damn beautiful LMBO. I PRAY he doesn't follow his comic arc. I won't be able to take it.

I'm still thinking Rosita might be taken my Negan.... We'll see.

Either way I'd LOVE to like her... but Gimple gotta give her more bruh.

And she IS hot af LMBO. But that's not all she is. Gimple needs to give her some substance.

FLNatural and Lickidesplit like this.
  16. Armte

Armte Schadenfreude is my Aesthetic
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Outskirts of Atlanta hunting down 712 footage
    Custom Banner
    :lol: lickid now the Jessie comparison may reach "bitter bitch" territory. Rosita does suffer from lack of screen time however what we have seen from her character is an inner strength and she stands up for what she believes in (showdown with Abe after he knocked out Eugune and Eugene when he was being a coward) and she is a badass. Jessie was none of those things.

I also think part of your annoyance comes from the "fanboys" they prop her up because she is "hot" (same thing occurs with Maggie). They don't give Michonne, Carol their due because in their eyes they are not young and hot. All this clamoring for a Daryl and Rosita hook up is because they want Daryl to bed the hot chick. So there is some parallel between what we went through with Jessie and the fanboys wanting Rick to hook up with the slutty maid hot chick from American Horror stories.

But Rosita is 100 times a better character than Jessie.

#16 Armte, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    Glory, Lolololove3, FLNatural and 6 others like this.
  17. Lickidesplit

Lickidesplit 2/21/16
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    True, she is not as weak as Jessie.
    as much as I hate to admit it, You are right.

box5angel, FLNatural and Lolololove3 like this.
  18. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I like her and I really want her to not have the shit death she had in the GN. Good lord Kirkman, did you really need to off her like that?

19. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    LOL, if they end up putting her with Eugene, people are going to flip their lids.

20. WalkerVoodoo

WalkerVoodoo Michonne's Shadow
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I like Rosita its the fanboys I can't stand. They honestly don't even care about her character and seem to just want her naked. The amount of "fans" I've seen hoping Negan adds her to his harem is disgusting. They're more than happy to see her violated as long as they get her in skimpy clothing.

FLNatural and Jon Snows like this.