1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Rosita Criticism Thread

Discussion in 'Rosita / Christian Serratos' started by Lickidesplit, May 4, 2016.

1. Carribean_Queen

Carribean_Queen Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:

Exactly! All that for what she couldn't even make the damn bullet count but GF be like ... #MsOnesAllINeed. Total useless character.

Katbird and Ms.J.Richonne like this.
  2. Ms.J.Richonne

Ms.J.Richonne "You can smile now"
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    She was wrong she needed way more than one. Now all she got outta her one bullet was a damn scar, Olivia murderered and Eugene taken.

Carribean_Queen and Katbird like this.
  3. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I'm thinking it will be a "shared" experience for this Daryl situation that may happen. The scenarios are similar. You know, what happened with Glenn, and, now, how Olivia was killed. They will bond over the guilt thing, I suppose. Writing that was/is a bit obvious, to me. It seems she is going to be a catalyst in bringing Daryl into a, what do I call it?..., a livable life. Get her with a man who is close to Rick and Michonne so she has a reason to be in the Next New World, 'cause I'm not seeing it, otherwise. The creatives seem to want that bad.

Glory and QueenOfAlexandria like this.
  4. Carribean_Queen

Carribean_Queen Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:

The one bullet she should have used it to off herself.

Ms.J.Richonne likes this.
  5. Ms.J.Richonne

Ms.J.Richonne "You can smile now"
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Lol..maybe she should have.

6. QueenOfAlexandria

QueenOfAlexandria Rick saves everyone, but Michonne saves Rick
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

This was around the same time Abraham decided to physically intimidate Rosita. She's clearly trying to get him to snap out of whatever he was going through, and this is how he reacts. As a fan of Rosita, this is why it made no sense to me whatsoever for her to be so attached to Abraham. Attached to him because he kept her alive? Sure. Attached to him because she truly felt something for him? Absolutely not. I know there are some Abraham fans, but Abraham was a shitty boyfriend. Just because he talked about how physically attractive she was all the time doesn't really equate to an upstanding guy if he treats her like crap any other time, especially when you look at the other canon relationships on this show. I don't remember any other character on this show snapping & trying to physically intimidate their significant others when they're going through it.

So if there's one qualm I have with Rosita prior to 7A, it's definitely the fact that she stayed with Abraham once they all got settled into Alexandria. In real life, it always bothers me when people stay with people who treat them like crap so this didn't serve in endearing their relationship to me at all.

ETA: I'm not blaming Rosita for Abraham's behavior whatsoever, but I feel like Rosita should have left Abraham a long time ago. At least long before he left her for Sasha.

CherryMoon and box5angel like this.
  7. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    She was using him as a safety net, and fell in love with him. Love made her stay but love can also be blind.

Once I got to Alexandria, and settled in, I would have had a long ass talk with myself, about how I'm getting treated by him, where I am now, who I am as a person, and do I really need this person in my life as someone to love and be with.

And I would have ended that talk with, "Abraham, bye".

#107 box5angel, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  8. ALDGRichonneLover

ALDGRichonneLover "I wanted it to be ours, me and you"
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Nestled in Ricks' murder coat and Michonnes' jeans
    Custom Banner
    Big Abe fan, but he was shi**y to Rosita. No question about that. And I think Rosita thought she needed him because he most likely saved her and taught her to fight. It seems she had no one at the time, so she latched onto an alpah male that could "get things done" and be in a position to teach her a thing or to. More like a mentor student relationship that turned sexual. I do think Abe cared about Rosita, but he was not in love with Rosita like she was with him. That was obvious when he harshly kicked he to the curb (Abe however is known for being blunt and upfront, so not suprised with how he broke up with her) and didn't really look back and became all about Sasha. There would have be NO way Sasha would have put up with Abe treating her like he did Sasha. But Rosita loved him, and when people love each other, some put up with the horrible treatment. Look how long Rick stayed with Lori..

We shall see if Rosita's arc mirrors that of Daryls. I have a feeling they are going to bond over Glenn/Olivia and the set up is so obvious.

box5angel likes this.
  9. QueenOfAlexandria

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    @ALDGRichonneLover You bring up a good point about how Sasha never would have put up with Abraham's crap. I guess it does all boil down to Rosita feeling obligated in some way because he saved her.

I've been well aware of the Rosita/Daryl allusions for awhile now, but I'm curious to see what that would look like. Granted, I think he'd treat Rosita much better than Abraham did. I don't like Daryl, but I can definitely say I don't see him treating her that way. Then again, we've never seen Daryl in a full-blown relationship (or a short-term fling, for that matter) so I'm unsure of what that would look like if the writers do take that plunge. Even so, I think Rosita would be more willing to fight back, so to speak, if he did because he's not Abraham and they don't have that kind of relationship so she wouldn't feel obligated to put up with much if it comes down to it. I'm thinking back to how she interacted with Daryl when she, Glenn, and Michonne tracked him down in 6x15. She definitely gave as good as she got, and her sass levels were on a 100, so I think she'd be okay.

10. ALDGRichonneLover

ALDGRichonneLover "I wanted it to be ours, me and you"
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Nestled in Ricks' murder coat and Michonnes' jeans
    Custom Banner
    Yes, look how she schooled Spencer. Spencer isn't Daryl and is as weak as they come, but with Daryl, he usually is a straight shooter (less now, than back in S1-3 when I really liked Daryl) and we most definitely haven't seen any romantic vibes with any woman, including Carol. The few times Carol hinted at anything sexual, Daryl shut it down or pretty much ignored her. But he has called women bi*ches, he called Carol one, not once, but I think twice. So he does have this tendency to name call a woman. (he wouldn't dare say boo to Sasha or Michonne, hell not even Maggie. He knows better) And Rosita's relationship would be very different with Daryl. But he is so damned emo that he would have a difficult time expressing himself, and personally, I cannot see Daryl sexual, like at all. He is so asexual to me. That can change, but for right now, not seeing a sexual aspect to Daryl and Rosita. Bonding over their screw ups? Yes. A relationship? :crydaryl::daleeye:

QueenOfAlexandria likes this.
  11. QueenOfAlexandria

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Have you ever noticed that there aren't a lot of male/female friendships on this show? I'm talking male/female friendships that get a lot of attention & screen time. The only time we see anything like that is if the writers are planning on putting them together in a romantic sense later on down the line (e.g. Richonne, Sasha/Abraham, etc.) If the rumors are true, the writers even thought about putting Beth & Daryl together at some point, but they changed their minds so we can even include them in that group as well. Sasha & Abraham became friends before they got together; granted, the writers could have given their friendship a lot more time but it still happened. The only other time we've seen that is if one or both people in the friendship are already in long-term relationships with other people (e.g. Michonne/Glenn or Rick/Maggie) or if one of them is interested in the same gender (e.g. Glenn/Tara or Denise/Daryl). Carol & Daryl were an anomaly, but an anomaly that we saw a lot in the first few seasons but not so much in recent seasons.

So the possibility of Rosita & Daryl being good friends is high, but I know how these writers are. We rarely see platonic m/f friendships or even f/f friendships; so if there's a relationship dynamic that's getting a lot of development in terms of their stories paralleling or them spending a lot time together on-screen, then something's coming. Then again, the writers may shock us. They've been doing that a lot lately with changing up their formulas for a lot of things, so we may just get a kickass friendship between the two of them. We'll see...

12. Dixon

Dixon Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    I do get where Rosita is coming from, but she still has no reason to be acting bitchy. yeah, she lost two boyfriends, but Maggie lost her whole family. She is acting worse than S5 Sasha. Sasha was angry and a bit rude. Rosita is acting downright bitchy. She needs to stop acting as though she is the only one who lost people.

13. Nightmare

Nightmare FAIRY PRINCESS♚
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Rosita needs to shut up for a minute.

I'm sick of the attitude. First she was a bitch to Sasha, then she was a bitch about Gabe, snapped at Morgan and Tara for no reason, and now this episode, goes in on Tara again, and has the nerve to tell her to grow up?

You grow up. Your bullshit got someone killed and someone else kidnapped, and I'll only happen again if you don't take a freaking seat already!

I know she's upset, but damnit, she's not the only person who lost somebody. Sasha lost her boyfriend, Maggie lost her husband. Tara lost her girlfriend!

You are hardly the only one suffering.

14. RichonneLvr218

RichonneLvr218 Blanket believer
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    You give her more credit than I do. She lost an ex-boyfriend and a sex partner. Rosita needs to step away from the anger, learn to love herself, and then maybe she can find a man who will love her. Right now, her attitude is not a positive!

QueenOfAlexandria and CherryMoon like this.
  15. MAZIKEEN

MAZIKEEN KING EZEKIEL'S QUEEN
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I don't see Rosita moving in the direction of hooking up with Daryl, did I miss something here? Even with Spencer it seemed like she was whatever when he asked her to have dinner with him. I don't get what is wrong with the bitch, she has this attitude with everyone and being angry. She has made many mistakes but doesn't own any of them. With Abe I never saw real commitment there just 2 people that needed one another. But with Abe and Sasha, I believe they each other and their pain they were going through. But for her to act all bitchy towards Sasha. She and Abe were over. And just being pissed off at Ezekiel because she doesn't like his ways. Sorry you don't live there and don't know what's going on, shut the hell up and go home. Same with Gabriel, gets all after him. Doesn't think before she speaks. Getting Olivia and Spencer killed. If she isn't going to part of the group and the solution she is part of the problem, she needs to grow up, leave or next time just opt out.

Nightmare likes this.
  16. Dixon

Dixon Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    I think Daryl also lost something. He lost a big part of his dignity. Rosita, she is always just thinking about herself, not thinking things through, just wants revenge. With Daryl, though, he was protecting his family, no matter if it got him killed, his family is more important than his death in his eyes. Didn't think, but didn't care as long as his family was safe. Rosita, she just always acts without thinking. She deserves to be alone forever. She needs to be the one to grow up. Like seriously, in s5, she wasn't talking to Abe, for what turns out to be no reason. It was about Eugene all along. But Tara was right, were they supposed to be mad at him for using the only thing he could to stay alive? Rosita is a selfish bitch who doesn't care about anyone else.
    Daryl, he cares about everyone.

17. QueenOfAlexandria

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Buckle up, kids! Get your popcorn and settle in. This is a long one.

As I'm listening to various podcasts about this most recent episode, I think I finally figured out what it was that bothers me about Rosita in this half. I had a lot more patience for her in 7A, but this half? Not so much. Actually, none at all if I'm being honest. With Sasha's grief in 5B, she was just as impulsive and reckless as Rosita is in this current season. However, there was a lot more complexity of emotions when it came to Sasha's grief. With Sasha, we got anger, depression, and suicidal ideation. We got all of those things. We had Sasha with dead eyes, lying in pits full of dead walkers. Sasha was angry and lashing out at people, but we also got scenes of Sasha telling Maggie that she wants to die. We saw Sasha fall victim to her PTSD when she was at the party and when she talked to Deanna about the fact that she thought ASZ wasn't real. We got all of that in one half season, and it made more sense to us as an audience.

With Rosita, we're not getting any of that. The only thing we're getting is anger. Sure, everyone deals with grief differently. But with Rosita, it comes off as one-noted. It comes off as fairly simple and flat; there's nothing complex about how Rosita is feeling and I think that's the root of my issues with her current anger. She was angry in 7A but there was still a little bit of complexity there too. She was snarky and bitchy, but think back to how she was with Father Gabriel in the church right before she took the shot to kill Negan in the midseason finale. Think about how we received a lot more range of emotions in that one scene than just sheer anger. Now, we're only getting anger with her. There's all there is; it doesn't come off as grief anymore. It's starting to come off as something else because there's no other layers beneath this.

With Sasha, there were more layers there. We were able to pick up on all those layers of her grief; but with Rosita, we're not getting those layers. The only reason we know she's suicidal is because of the things she's said. That's the only thing that clues us in to her own suicidal ideation, because her demeanor doesn't give me suicidal. Not because all suicidal people share the same demeanor, but because there doesn't seem to be anything else under her anger. It just seems like anger and nothing else.

I wrote this post on New Years Day of this year before 7B aired, and I can't believe she actually did what I didn't want her to do. Or rather I can't believe the writers did what I didn't want them to do with her. She's pushing Tara away, so she doesn't really have any friends right now. She doesn't have a connection with anyone, so why keep her around? Especially now that she's doing what I predicted. I think that's why I'm in a weird place with how I feel about her right now. This explains a lot about why I'm so frustrated with her though. It puts a lot of things in perspective.

#117 QueenOfAlexandria, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    ALDGRichonneLover and box5angel like this.
  18. Cherish

Cherish Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    Last episode left me with the feeling that Sasha is a goner. Makes more sense to get rid of Rosita. Rosita is a loose canon and is acting very reckless.

QueenOfAlexandria and box5angel like this.
  19. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I wouldn't mind the anger so much if it was at least a little directed towards herself and less at others. It's gonna be incredibly hard to sympathize with her if Sasha comes out dead from their adventure.

It's also difficult to believe that no one has leveled any blame at for her role in Olivia's death and Eugene's capture. This was also my issue with Daryl. TF can't always be holding hands and singing kumbaya.

20. Nightmare

Nightmare FAIRY PRINCESS♚
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Rosita will officially be on my blacklist. She started off okay last season, but she's been treading thin ice since season 7 started. If Sasha is killed off her ass, I'm done with her.

QueenOfAlexandria likes this.