1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion/Meta S.S. ABECILLE: All Aboard! [Who did Negan kill? Abraham!]

Discussion in 'Speculation Archive' started by Doctor Grimes, Apr 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer

Walker Pets:
    My final prediction.... it's Abe; I've accepted it, it's not what I want, but I'm 99% sure it's him (although Aaron is still the wildcard) . This show doesn't have the guts to kill off one of the Atlanta 5, let alone it's cash cow, Daryl. Plus killing Glenn would be waaaaay too obvious, due to the comics, heavy handed bat foreshadowing and dumpstergate. Maggie is just not that interesting as an individual character, so I'm sure she will lose her baby (for added shock and character depth) and Glenn will support her in leading the Hilltop. Pretty much all of the important people in Abe's life are in the lineup (Sasha, Rosita, Eugene) and Abe's story has pretty much come full circle... it's him. This also confirms that Sasha will get comic Michonne's tragic romance arc :sasha:

#101 tuswig, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
    Appetence, zahira, slade3 and 2 others like this.
  2. Denie39

Denie39 Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    You know, I was re-watching The Distance in season 5 with my husband last night, and there's that scene where Rosita says to Abe when he's staring at the Washington Monument while driving the RV, "Keep your eyes on the road, champ." I remembered Negan saying to the victim that they were "taking it like a champ." Has anyone mentioned this in the thread? My husband, who never watched a episode in his life until that moment, when I told him the parallel, he said, "Oh, that guy got the bat". EEEK. Btw, hubby kinds of likes the show's characters and acting, but thinks the zombie killings are disgusting, lol.

zahira and DixonGrimes like this.
  3. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Abe's like that character that yeah he says some funny sh*t sometimes, I don't hate him, but I don't love him. I'd be ok with him not being on the show. Negan's gonna be that loud mouth character that Abe is/was. I wouldn't cry if it's Abe. I would cry if it was Glenn. And I would completely lose my sh*t if it was my Daryl lol like I may need therapy :laugh:

We've said a few times myself included "that killing Abe would be a cop out for AMC because he's not Atlanta 5, he's not a big enough character to be lucielled...." But I saw him at WScon this weekend and his fan line was extremely long all day both days, he was the 2nd most popular actor there after Carl. I underestimated Abe's fan base. Turns out there's a massive amount that love him, So killing him would be a shock and blow to a lot of people.

And I think my final vote is that it's Abe who is lucielled.

zahira and Denie39 like this.
  4. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

I had taken a break from the lucielle topic for a little while until this weekend seeing the actors and studying who had different looking hair/facial hair lol. Yes I think the "taking it like a champ," and what Rosita said are a parrell. I'm fully convinced now that it's Abe after seeing Michael C this weekend.

Denie39 and tuswig like this.
  5. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer

Walker Pets:
    I loved comic Abraham but unfortunately his TV counterpart was borderline hit or miss with me. He was cool but all he'll be remembered for is his one liners which sucks because Abe had a wealth of military knowledge and experience that the show never capitalized on. Abe being the LV would feel like a major copout to me however, you're right, his death will devastate alot of people, especially casual viewers. (I have to say, although I'm not the biggest Abe fan I would totally wait in line to meet MC, he seems like a cool guy)

Denie39 likes this.
  6. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I've never read the comics but I agree Abe never really talked military too much, he should've. You're right, he'll be remembered for his one liners and being Eugenes friend.

I didn't wait in line to meet Abe lol those fans were there for hours waiting, his crowd was too much for me. If it was Andy or Norman I would've waited for days lol but I spent the most time with Dwight, Gareth, Tobin, Spencer, Beth, and Meryl/Michael. Those were my favorites, they were extremely nice. And Denis from AHS :)

Denie39 and tuswig like this.
  7. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer

Walker Pets:
    Nice! I loved Gareth as a villain; always thought it was a shame that his arc didn't last a little bit longer plus AW is a cutie. MR seems like the kind of guy I would want to go out and have drinks with, love him! It always cool to hear first hand accounts of how nice the cast is :)

DixonGrimes likes this.
  8. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yeah I was nervous bc you just never know lol but those ones were so nice. Yeah AW is hot. When I was talking to him I thought how did I never notice Gareth being hot? But he's hotter in person than he was on the show lol. MR is completely crazy and entertaining lol but he was so nice, nothing like Meryl that he played. MR did say he drinks whiskey, fan asked him beer or liquor. Seeing him sober, I bet he's on a whole other level on alcohol lol.

Another reason I think Abe is gonna be lucielled is that it would add to Sasha getting the Michonne comic arc because Sasha will have lost more family members/boyfriends than anyone

Denie39 likes this.
  9. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    My vote is for Abe...but its pending Steven's return from S. Korea.

10. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I decided to visit MC's twitter account after reading about his tweets at TSDF. I know it's a mistake to read into actors' tweets and instagram pics, especially MCs because it sounds like he trolls. But I'm bored.

About an hour ago he tweeted #GeorgiaRain. I will believe he's in Georgia only when I see pictures.

He's in a little bit of a twitter "war" with some people over that unfortunate zoo incident in Ohio. He called some people "f*cking idiots" then apologized. He's now engaging with someone who unfollowed him. I'm surprised he cares.

Looks like he will be in Sacramento on June 18th/19th. A weekend, so that doesn't really say much. But I would guess that's in the middle of 7x05 filming?

This tweet says: Re watch...For the first time #Southland. Maybe he is looking for audition clips?

In the end, this tells me nothing. But I think the back and forth with fans/followers is a mistake. I've never followed him on social media, so maybe he just engages fans this way. I also thought the Southland rewatch was interesting.

11. Copperhead

Copperhead Searching for Sophia

Walker Pets:
    I watched "Last Day on Earth" again and noticed something I hadn't before. Negan says: All this just so that we can pick out which one of you gets the honor. He looks at Maggie and then the camera pans to Abraham who has this look on his face like he is willing to sacrifice himself for the rest of the group. The others either have a defiant, weary, or terrified expression on their faces. Abraham, Imo, is the only one that has more of an acceptance look on his face. He sits up and looks at Negan as if to say I'll do it. I could be wrong but that coupled with all the other reasons previous posts have mentioned I'm pretty sure it'll be Abraham. It sucks that any of them have to die.

12. zahira

zahira Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    [​IMG]
    The "X" in his clothes = Abecille:ham:

13. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Guys... I just realized something.

This?
    [​IMG]
    ... is actually happening.

:lol: I don't know whether I should laugh or cry.

14. Jessie Blanderson

Jessie Blanderson Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    He got crushed :negan:

#114 Jessie Blanderson, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2016
  15. LunaFall

LunaFall Founder of The Bunker Bar
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    laugh to keep from crying... we did it before... with poor old 2Dreadz
    [​IMG]

Clutterbuck and Doctor Grimes like this.
  16. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Oh jeez :lol: that was some of the most hilarious shit I've ever read.

LunaFall likes this.
  17. LunaFall

LunaFall Founder of The Bunker Bar
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I may actually go back and read it... kill some time before the CAH Online game tonight.

#117 LunaFall, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    Doctor Grimes likes this.
  18. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I made a little something in his honor....
    [​IMG]

19. Jessie Blanderson

Jessie Blanderson Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    LMFAO I'm dead

20. candi18z

candi18z Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    Looking back on Abe's arcs since his introduction in season 4, it now seems to me like Gimple and co knew that he would die by Lucille all along. In season 4-four new Team Family members were introduced, Tara, Eugene, Abe and Rosita. Of the four of them Abe has gotten the most focus and storylines. He has come along way in a very short time. Abe went from being an angry suicidal man to someone that is calm and hopeful for the future. Abe's transformation played out on screen. I think that Gimple focused so much on Abe because he wanted fans invested in Abe, so that they could be greatly impacted by his death by Lucille. Abe was always Gimple's choice for Lucille.

#120 candi18z, Jun 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2016
    zahira, slade3 and Doctor Grimes like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.