1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion/Meta S.S. GLUCILLE: All Aboard! [Who did Negan kill? Glenn!]

Discussion in 'Speculation Archive' started by Doctor Grimes, Apr 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glennisbae

Glennisbae Searching for Sophia

Walker Pets:
    "
    Keep in mind, though, he did also say, "...Daryl's gonna get himself killed"
    (Not trying to bash Daryl or anything...:unsure: I know he's your fave.)

Danaisbestie and zahira like this.
  2. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

It's ok I don't take offense. I think what so many people forget tho is that Daryl isn't in the comics, so he's owned by AMC not Kirkman, which is why he is the cash cow for AMC and the face of TWD sometimes even more than Rick on merchandise and promos. AMC execs have to approve Daryl being killed which would never happen not why they're making billions off of him. It's up to AMC execs not Gimple. Plus Glenn has been associated with bats and baseball since day 1. Daryls association has always been to fire. Daryl won't be killed by a bat.

3. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

That's why I think it could still go either way. Gimple has historically used lines like that when a character dies. Darcille isn't dead until we have cold hard proof.

4. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I saw this online LOL **dodges pitchforks**

I want Glenn to live and I'm hoping Abe dies, this just made me laugh tho :laugh:

image.jpeg

Lickidesplit likes this.
  5. Danaisbestie

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

That meme is from Dumpstergate but all the lucille analysis and theories are all a regular part of TWD fandom. It would be strange for people not to speculate when we don't have any conclusive answers yet

MamaGrimes and beautifulstranger like this.
  6. Denie39

Denie39 Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    [​IMG]

7. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

I still think it's Glenn. His parrell has always been bats and baseball. He's cheated death so many times, with the prison flu, dumpster gate, his kidnappings, he's come full circle doing the one thing he's never done before killing his 1st living person. So many signs say it's him.

Denie39 likes this.
  8. candi18z

candi18z Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    Wouldn't AMC have to Approve any of the main characters being killed, or does Kirkman have the final say over the characters from the comics?

9. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think it depends how their contract is set up. I know for my other fav show "Sons of Anarchy" the creator Sutter wanted to kill off a character but that actor has a massive fan base and FX wouldn't let him so that character died during the last 10 minutes of the series finale. That's why I think AMC is set up the same way. And if that's the case I know so many people on this site want Daryl to die but the way tv execs do business he will live until the final season. But with SOA, FX had a stake in the franchise but AMC is unique bc Daryl isn't in the comics so ultimately I think Kirkman only has control over the characters he created. Even in interviews Kirkman rarely talks about Daryl because he didn't create him. They kept NR bc his audition was so good and his fan base was big so Daryl was created :)

10. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I will say one thing that definitely pings my Glucille radar hard is Andy's post-finale interview with THR.

How much guilt will Rick feel over this death?

Guilt is an emotion that is never very far away from Rick Grimes. He's a man that shoulders the responsibility, and it's one of the forces that keeps pushing him on. He takes responsibility for the rest of the survivors. With the Saviors, people were probably mixed morally but Rick was instrumental in that plan that people had never been through before — to kill people in their sleep in the night. And Rick is probably suffering enormous responsibility and guilt. At the moment he's on his knees, he knows the game is up. I think it's going to irrevocably change who that guy is and how he feels as a leader when the scene eventually plays out.​

Why did he bring up the having to kill people in their sleep bit? The only three people we saw do that were Rick, Glenn, and Heath. Why would he be thinking about that?

zahira and DixonGrimes like this.
  11. Danaisbestie

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I took it to mean the whole mission in general was different than anything the group had ever done. They went there at night to kill people that would be sleeping. The only reason everybody woke up was because of the alarm. I'm like 70/30 on the Glucille/Darcille ship but this comment doesn't worry me that much.

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  12. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I was watching some S5 today bc it's one of my favorite seasons and I caught some possible clues to put in the why it was Glenn thread. I don't want Glenn to die but here's some clues as to it being him.

-The infamous orange death book bag. This was said against Daryl in 6.14 as to why it was him but here Glenn has the bag too and before him. (I screenshotted Netflix sorry for the blur lol)
    image.jpeg

-The terminus line up. While Rick, Daryl, Glenn, and Bob were all on their knees. The attacker swung and stopped right on Glenn and stopped because Gareth interrupted him. The other 3 didn't get bat swings at all. Again this goes back to Glenn's associations with bats and baseball. And one of his million situations he escaped death by a violent non-Walker way. That's why I think while this guy stopped, but Negan didn't.
    image.png

-More Glenn with his baseball bat association
    image.jpeg

-And finally, Glenn was the only person in the line up to have their face with the bat at the angle.
    image.jpeg

13. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

I think you're right. We all know Andy can't keep secrets even when he tries lol. Pre-cannon of Richonne he kept smiling in a interview when they brought up does "Rick like Michonne?" He knew the couch scene had already been filmed but no one had seen it yet lol.

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  14. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Andy is notorious for slipping during interviews. That's why it gives me pause.

DixonGrimes likes this.
  15. Tater

Tater Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    See, Glenn handed that backpack to Daryl just like he's handing off Lucille to Daryl. LOL. I do think Glenn gets it simply because I don't want to get my hopes up only to be crushed when it happens. However, if it were my choice, between Glenn and Daryl, Daryl hands down. Not only do I like Glenn a whole lot better, I think Daryl's death will ensure that my other favorites get more screen time.

16. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

I like Glenn and don't want him to die. I really want Abe to die. So my clues that I find which 90% show it being Glenn are all based on clues not my personal opinion of the character. I think some people hate a character and they base their theories around the hated character, I don't do that. With Daryl being my favorite character and watching his scenes so much, Daryl didn't get a lot of screen time this season bc in 6A he was also filming "Triple 9." Carol statistically got the most screen time, I'd be wishing for her to go lol

17. Danaisbestie

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    There's lots of reasons for both but Glenn has more ominous ones. When you think of what each character brings to TF and whose fault this whole Negan mess is, Glenn deserves to live but Gimple loves the comics so despite everyone saying it's too obvious, I could see him sticking to the source material on this. Not to mention his own words about Glenn were pretty ominous. I just hope Gimple does the right thing with Daryl down the road if he misses this opportunity. I really can't stomach a whole season of Daryl heartache while the other characters get sidelined.

18. Lolololove3

Lolololove3 Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    Daryl better lock his self in a room and have manpain off screen I really don't want to see that shit. I don't hate him but enough is enough. We'll be seeing enough manpain from Rick.

Danaisbestie likes this.
  19. Tater

Tater Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    For the story, I think it has to be Daryl or Glenn. Abe just doesn't do it. Don't get me wrong, if the choice is between Glenn and Abe, I choose Abe because I love Glenn. If the choice is between Daryl and Abe, I'd choose Daryl (with Abe dying shortly thereafter), not because I like Abe better than Daryl but I think Daryl would be better for the story and, at this point, I have no affection for Daryl. I used to love Daryl in seasons 1-3. My love for him died, but I never hated him until now. A lot of it has to do with the fact that I think Daryl got screen time in Season 6, especially 6B, that should have gone to Glenn if Glenn was getting Lucilled. If Glenn got the screen time Daryl got in Season 6, I wouldn't be so salty that he's the one to go. If Glenn got the screen time and focus that Daryl received but Daryl got lucilled, I could totally understand Daryl fans being pissed. As for Carol, yeah her screen time is too much but she's not on the chopping block. If she were, I'd be fine if it was her too.

20. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

It's not the characters fault who gets the screen time. It's the writers. Idk, when I go back and watch I think Glenn got a lot of screen time and attention with the dumpster gate, all of social media talked about Glenn non stop for weeks. All the buzzfeed, MTV, other outlets talked about Glenn and if he was alive or not. Other characters didn't get that type of attention at all. I think if anyone was robbed in S6 it is Morgan due to Lennie being an award winning actor being tied up in the Carol situation that makes no sense. That's just my opinion tho lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.