1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion/Meta Sasha is pregnant.

Discussion in '7x05: Go Getters' started by Barbarossa-TWD, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    #1 Barbarossa-TWD, Nov 24, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  2. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Glenn signaling omg, tears begin to well; Abe still alive, a baby!!, tears flowing freely. I am not going to start thinking it yet, but I was hoping. He, Abe, was talking and talking about it. He was so missing all of a real life...he wanted it again. He told Rick he was ready, ready to "tear the world a new asshole." For men like that, the men in Rick's group, that's daddy talk. Abe was determined to beat the way things were, having a baby with Sasha is the ultimate triumph. Negan types have nothing to stop that. Oh, my goodness, I hope it is true. I can't stop crying. Too much, too soon after they are gone. I have to leave and come back. Hard to see through tears.
    I had to get a tissue, lol. I don't know why that made me cry so. I hope other people will be hoping it's true, also. It is so triumphant. Seeing Rick and Michonne together, the beacon, knowing Glenn and Maggie made that choice, he was convinced he could and then he told Sasha that he could, he could do it. Told her she could trust him, he was in it for the future. Both of them came out of the doom. A baby!!! I hope so, anyway. ( I need to stop. I'm way to old to, what do the fan girls call it?...squee? But, I can't help it.). TWD, I love this show. "Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in!" I had resigned myself to the fact that maybe I was expecting, asking too much of these folk. That I was projecting my thoughts and vision onto a T.V show about zombies. (I mean, really?). If they do this I will never (at least for a while, lol) say bad things about the creatives again, and it will confirm for me that what I kinda sense they are doing with the story is more right than wrong? I like it, I really like it. God, Glenn! Abe!! Ugh!

#2 Katbird, Nov 24, 2016
  3. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:

Found more:

Remember these scenes in Knots Untie

[​IMG]

Abe: Brave new world. I still can't stop thinking about Maggie having a pup. In this.
    Sasha: What about it?
    Abe: You know, the way things go. The way they can.
    Sasha: Yeah. Maybe that's why. Because the way things go.

Read more at: http://transcripts.foreverdreaming.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25654
    [​IMG]

(Freddie: For a second back there, just when I thought he was gonna... I saw my wife.
    She died before all this.
    Just when I thought it was over, there she was.
    Clear as day.)
    [​IMG]

We later see Abe in the same position as Freddie and when Abe thinks he is dying he hears Sasha:

Sasha's voice: Maybe that's why. Because the way things go.

When Abe thinks he is dead he hears Sasha speak to him about why babies should be born now... Because the way things go. By almost dying Abe realises that he does want a child.

[​IMG]

So we already had two instances where "messages" were given near death. This imagery of Abe's grave marked with green balloons that symbolise "I'm still living" as a message after death.

Oh and the best part:

All Abraham had was a cigar.

Read more at: http://transcripts.foreverdreaming.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=29864
    Isn't it traditional for men to give out cigars when they have a baby!!!!!

#3 Barbarossa-TWD, Nov 24, 2016
  4. Katbird

Walker Pets:
    The cigar! Yes! That is just, so cool. And she's the one who gave them to him. Didn't she?

5. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
  6. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    It would be so heartbreaking if Sasha was pregnant, but I don't know if the dream sequence pregnancy (which I do think was there) would be indicative of Sasha being pregnant now since baby Hershel was already a toddler in the dream. It seemed to point at more of a "what could've been" than a present reality.

But it's definitely possible she is pregnant now. I think we'll just have to wait and see.

7. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I was going to make an intellectual post regarding the symbolism of lobsters that are on the wall in the scene with Maggie, Sasha and Enid.

Then I realise that that is not just an image of a lobster on the wall but an actual lobster bib...

[​IMG]

#7 Barbarossa-TWD, Nov 24, 2016
    Katbird likes this.
  8. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    That dream sequence is ridiculously loaded. For me it is the ultimate "spoiler" for the entire season.
    • Baby Hershel is a known entity so we see him clearly with his parents Glenn and Maggie
    • Judith was obscured at first I didn't even realise that she was at the table. Then we get a brief glimpse of her with her brother Carl not Rick as though she were a "secret"...
    • Baby Abesha isn't evident and one has to look really hard to see that Sasha is pregnant (maybe).

9. Katbird

Walker Pets:
    I like/love it. I do hope it is true. It would be bittersweet, yes, but so triumphant. If she is and maybe loses the baby, maybe she goes back to her self-destruction mode and tries to kill Senor Psychopath? It would make sense. But, nooo, I want a curly-haired, strawberry blonde baby girl to be bold and brash like her daddy and take-charge and fierce like her mama. I want it, I want it, I want it! (Sorry for the outburst). The direction of the story makes a baby for Abe and Sasha almost a given. I said, I dared to hope. We do have to wait and see, though. I am starting to think a lot of the zombie-ness of this show is to distract/obscure the true point of this story. *gleefully rubs hands together* I sure hope so. Your term--Baby Abesha? Love it!
    I stand firmly and proudly in support of Baby Abesha!

#9 Katbird, Nov 24, 2016
  10. ShadowSixx

ShadowSixx Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    I'm really hoping that she isn't pregnant. It would just make these characters so damn careless. Even if they don't have condoms & birth control, you'd think the men would pull out. Why would anyone want to bring a baby into the ZA? When food is scarce, doctors are rare, walkers out there, people willing to kill you, and people have to wonder farther and farther out to retrieve supplies for the pregnant woman, and that's if any baby supplies are available. We now know that it's now taking them at most two days to come back to ASZ when out on runs from what Rick told Michonne when he gave an estimate on when he & Aaron will return. I really don't wanna see anymore characters talk about them being pregnant or possibly pregnant. We already got that at Negan's camp with Dwight's wife thinking she was pregnant.

Noshiko likes this.
  11. Katbird

Walker Pets:
    I understand your point. Life for them is so tenuous, uncertain, dangerous. It seems logical to avoid pregnancy. It is the Zombie Apocalypse, after all. But, they, Rick's group, are different. They have moved past surviving and want to live again. That's what makes them better than the other groups, they are fighting for a real future, to have real lives again. And, for humanity, that means babies. It is damn risky, but the risk is worth it. That makes them all the more invested in securing a future for all of them. It was Abe who pointed that out in the church after they escaped Terminus. When he was making the case in the church for going to D.C., before they found out Eugene was lying about a cure, he said, paraphrasing, that they want to do more than wake up every morning fight the undead and a**holes, rinse and repeat day after day. They should make the world safe for that little one (Judith). So, they think about children, babies, and living again. That's because they believe in the future. And Maggie stated a tried and true sentiment about when "was it ever a good time to get knocked up?" when she and Carol were being held by , I forget the character, but, Alicia Witt's group. I think the whole point with Team Family, is to stay alive so you get to live. That is what their group believes in, and getting pregnant, having babies, is what that looks like.

#11 Katbird, Nov 24, 2016
  12. Rickdickulous Trash

Rickdickulous Trash Bring me the Samurai...
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I'm convinced!

My mother said the same thing to me about 2 days ago! I wanted so badly to believe it but didn't want to get my hopes up...Now my hopes are way up!

Katbird and Barbarossa-TWD like this.
  13. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    THERE IS MORE!!!!!

We also opened The Cell with this ...
    A red headed guy who was killed by Negan's men left behind a pregnant second "wife".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But it also looks like NEGAN is thinking the same way. He is trying to get Sherry pregnant.

14. MsAntiSocial

MsAntiSocial Caressing Eugene's Mullet
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I understand not wanting the show to get bogged down with a bunch of pregnant women which is why I hope we can time jump our way past Maggie's, but I think in order to show that these people are progressing and legitimately building a society you have to have babies being born.

15. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I agree there will never be a "good time" to have babies in a Zombie Apocalypse. But if the living don't increase their numbers significantly and quickly then the human race will not survive. Living without making babies then they really will be the walking dead... with no future. Sasha is pregnant that is not to say that her baby will safe until birth. But I think if Sasha realises it soon enough it will turn her away from her present suicidal course. And that is the reason to have babies in the ZA it gives a real reasons besides JSS to fight and find a way to live and thrive.

16. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
  17. Rickdickulous Trash

Rickdickulous Trash Bring me the Samurai...
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I'm sold!

Barbarossa-TWD and Katbird like this.
  18. Katbird

Walker Pets:
    Me too!