1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Savage Rick (Favorite Moments)

Discussion in 'Rick / Andrew Lincoln' started by michrick, Mar 25, 2016.

1. michrick

michrick Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    Because I believe Savage Rick deserves a thread all on its own! I love Savage Rick. I've always liked Rick's character but who he is now really shows his progression based on on the world he lives in today. He's no longer the kumbaya Rick from the beginning of the show, as that wouldn't be a natural progression with everything he's gone through. (I also think this Rick is much more compatible with Michonne as her character has also progressed). He's also definitely not the "new Shane" as some people refer to him. Rick protects his family by any means necessary so people better watch out if he feels like his loved ones are in danger.

I confess I like Savage/gangsta Rick more than I should. lol

Someone created a Savage Rick gif on Tumblr (can't figure out how to post the whole thing) but here are my favorite moments of Rick going full on beast mode:

[​IMG]
    Murder Face activated. I'll NEVER get tired of watching this scene in A. I'm kind of obsessed with it (not sure what it says about me) lol! But I think it's just the phenomenal acting on AL's part and how he really bring Rick's character to life to show that Rick will do anything and everything to protect his people, especially Carl. Though it's a shocking/dark moment, I love the acting on everyone's part, including Carl who doesn't say a word verbally but his expression says more than enough.

Then of course he shocks everyone with:
    [​IMG]

And why stop there??
    [​IMG]

Other mentions:
    [​IMG]
    He was too smooth as he stepped back. Go on Rick!

[​IMG]
    I can't believe I almost forgot this scene until I saw the gif.

[​IMG]
    (He got a sideye glance from me at first...Just A little respect for the Lord's house Rick? ...lol). Great Scene though. No shame.

[​IMG]
    I held my breath many times during Claimed

[​IMG]
    Dang! Bet he wished he stopped running! lol (Followed by the "Shut up"...classic line)
    [​IMG]

What are your favorite Savage Rick moments? Any of them I listed or do you have another one?

2. michrick

Walker Pets:
    Here's a video to show Rick's transformation...sweet to savage. lol! :

3. Latrice

Latrice Watchtower Sniper
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    416 will likely always be my favorite scene for savage Rick. Idk why but that one just does something to me. Lol

4. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I like Savage Rick too lol (judgement free zone :thumbsup:) I have a couple favorites...1) I loved in the church when Garret said "there's gotta be a reason you didn't kill us," Rick saying "we didn't want to waste the bullets," lol.. 2) the throat bite yes! Bc he was protecting his family, Carl, Michonne and Daryl. That is what's so attractive, he's a protector....3) in 6.11 when Rick went crazy on the Hilltop guy for pushing Michonne. :hearts:

#4 DixonGrimes, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  5. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Man I remember watching "Shit happens" live. Sitting there going "Rick do something about this dude, do some-OH MY GOD....yeah that'll work."

I made a whole gifset of Rick doing his feral snarly nose/lip twitchy thing.

Savage Rick ticks all of my primal, biological cavewoman boxes. Like pure alpha male where do I sign up?

Also Rick making peace with the beast in "A" just means a lot to me on totally non-perverted level.

6. Latrice

Patron

Walker Pets:
    I think what does it for me for 416 is the way that he says "He's mine" and yes I think it has everything to do with the fact that he is a protector first and I just find that so sexy. Lol. Like the number of times I have watched that scene and have counted how many times he stabbed the dude is disturbing.

7. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    The scene where goes on a rampage after Lori's death, soothes my soul and makes me tingly. Same when he just goes off after Carl's injury.

I hate the idea of bending to the whims of a deep seated biology, but I love savage Rick and even more when it's accompanied with his feral look.

8. Appetence

Appetence Eternally failing at productivity bc TITTD
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    1. Throat bite/splitting that perve in half scene
    2. "Didn't want to waste the bullets./I already made you a promise"
    3. "Shit happens."
    4. Rick loosing his shit after Lori died with the axe. The crazy look in his eye. Chills

[​IMG]
    5. I like this scene a lot for some reason. Rick will threaten a priest, he dgaf.

[​IMG]

9. richonneromance

richonneromance Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    My kinda thread! I loooooove savage Rick, but what I love most is Gimple had the brains to justify it! Rick's "violence is part of me" scene in A is possibly my favourite character study moment of the series. The show drags when characters get caught up in an endless morality/kill loop, it was a breath of fresh air for the show to just say "What do you expect him to do when his son is about to be raped?".

Other savage moments:
    • IMO the first Savage Rick moment is 104 when the men come back to the camp being swarmed by walkers and he starting screaming for Lori and Carl.
    • Nebraska is probably the second one and the true beginning of the "ask no questions" brutality we know today.
    • "This ain't a democracy anymore!"
    • Season 3 is Savage Rick Gone Wild, no wonder I love that season so much. Hell, it's the opening scene, burst in the door, mow down a walker. Then when he throws the can of dog food in disgust. He expects his people to fight like animals not live like animals. His entire interaction with the 4 prisoners is a constant stream of Savage, even by episode 4, he's still practically spitting on the ground at the sight of them.
    • An underrated S3 Savage moment is when he roughs Glenn up after he follows him into the tombs in 305. This is probably the only scary aspect of Savage Rick, if he's too far gone, even his own people need to get out of his way (or knock him out...:flirt:)
    • His first conversation with The Governor, when he spends the entire time insulting and undermining him. "I don't pretend to be a governor", "You're the town drunk who knocked over my fence and ripped up my yard, nothing more", "Oh I see him [the devil beside you] alright".
    • S4 when he's under the bed and he stares down the guy getting choked.

10. michrick

Walker Pets:
    Oohhh....where is that gifset? I need it for research purposes. lmbo!!

MamaGrimes likes this.
  11. michrick

Walker Pets:
    Lol!! So it's not just me. I've watched that scene more than I liked to admit. I love when he's sitting there with the gun pointed at his head and he has that murder face on and I love how he says "you let him be." because I knew he was about to snap off. And then he bunt his head and that gun goes off. A dangerous move but as stated, he is a protector first and foremost. And the rest went down and made TWD history with that throat bite. I swear everyone in that scene looked shocked for a few seconds.

I also like "He's mine." Michonne stepped back too quick and let Rick do his thing.

12. Latrice

Patron

Walker Pets:
    I have analyze that scene so much it isn't even funny. The alpha male being such a protector and you are right. Everyone was shocked for a second but both Daryln and Michonne recovered so much quicker. I think that was the first time we saw a slight panic with Michonne but Rick stayed very calm and collected and went after him. And like when Carl was pushed away he ran right to Michonne and held her just as tightly as she was holding him while Rick was being a beast. It was so great. Lol.

13. michrick

Walker Pets:
    hahaha! FG is looking at him like this man is serious. He will kill me.

I liked when he told Aaron the same thing.

Appetence likes this.
  14. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Thank you for this thread! Feral Rick makes me not need my husband....

I loved every scene and also love when he's out of f*cks to give like when he matter of factly told Aaron that he'd put a knife in the back of his skull. I'll add more when I'm done with my traveling for the day.

15. michrick

Walker Pets:
    I loove when Rick tell the Governor that "You're the town drunk...." its one of my favorite quote from him. He says it so calm but he's still so...savage with it. lol. I don't recall that scene with Glenn in Season 3. What episode is that? I do remember how he snapped off on Glenn in Sucide episode and I liked it too. lol.

Some article called Rick the new villain but I'll never look at Savage Rick as a villain. He does what he needs to protect his loved ones.

RichonneAlexandria likes this.
  16. michrick

Walker Pets:
    Yes... that was great acting on Carl's part. He's come a long way. Machine was just holding him. The sound of Rick gutting that man...just great acting and a great scene all around. Viewers were shocked but I haven't come across anyone who was like wth did rick do that for? Because that was his child and his people he needed to protect.

RichonneAlexandria and Latrice like this.
  17. FoxC

FoxC Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    Thank you for this thread! I love Savage/Feral Rick because I have a thing for alpha males. Im a primal woman at heart. My absolute favorite savage rick moment was in A/4.16 when he bit Joe's neck and gutted that guy who was about to rape Carl. I remember talking to a few of my other friends and we all agreed that was a sexy as hell moment. Not the act itself but here was this man willing to do whatever it takes to protect his family. Its still one of my favorite scenes from the the series so far. I like where Rick is at now. He has that balance and He can turn into a savage when needed.

RichonneAlexandria likes this.
  18. Nerdgasm

Nerdgasm Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    My favorite moment is when he took a machete to old dude's head talking about "Shit happens." Those are my favorite moments when he just doesn't care how crazy he looks. Like episode 11 of this season, when he just looked at all the Hilltop people like "What" all bloody and savage looking. Rick has been through things and he doesn't have time for your bs.

Delightfully Thomi and michrick like this.
  19. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Here ya go:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. michrick

Walker Pets:
    Love it!! Thank you! The one with the gun to his head is one of my favorites.

Clutterbuck likes this.