1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Compilation SDCC 2016 Social Media Thread

Discussion in 'TWD Conventions' started by Doctor Grimes, Jul 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richonnelove

richonnelove Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I do think something is off but I don't think it's because AL no longer cares about or no longer wants Richonne.

Like @Doctor Grimes several scenarios/possibilities came to mind for me which may have factored in. The main of which is that I think the producers and AMC may have made it clear to AL and DG they do not want to focus on or promote Richonne at this event this year. Why? Because they want to push Negan which is where their main interest and focus lie and who is to tell if AMC isnt trying to downplay Richonne a bit. Not to say they will go so far as to order Richonne be dissolved on the show, but them thinking with some of the pushback from the loud racists, that the best way to handle Richonne going forward is to just treat it not as an important entity by not focusing the marketing on it. Richonne will be a factor in the show, but get people focused on other things so the haters ire won't add to the negative blow back affecting their stocks. You know how companies and institutions latch on to something they can blame instead of the real causative agent of their troubles. Richonne is popular and beloved by many but to those running AMC and maybe even Gimple, Richonne is not an important selling point or a priority. They are wrong but it's their show...

Another thought that occurred to me is I wondered if Andy's wife not being there helped curtail and even tampered down the overly close vibe I saw in previous events interviews. It is possible he wanted to avoid any talk by fans and others of his and Danai's actions especially now that there may be even more intimate scenes ahead on the show. For some reason I suspect a very graphic love scene was filmed. I don't know why I think this now when I never thought it before seeing the deliberate distance between them this weekend, but the careful others between them occurrences unlike former comic cons has my intuition in overdrive. I may be way off base, but I can't shake the feeling as ridiculous as it may be.

When AL and SWC were paired, they we glued at the hip at events from the few videos I saw of them and he spoke of her constantly in deference to their coupled status on the show, even after she left the show, so I don't see why it would be any different now he is paired with Danai, but there is a huge difference with his interactions with Danai and about his lack of reference to Richonne this year now that Richonne is cannon. I not only see it, I feel it and it seems I'm not the only one.

It just seems there is a conscious effort on the part of TPTB or AL and/or DG themselves to downplay the Richonne hype and factor. The question for me is the why? Is it out of deference to the other couples on the show about to be ended, a personal decision out of respect for AL's real family or a corporate/producers decision? I don't think it's because of any lack of closeness between DG & AL as opposed to his closeness to NR & JDM. I think Danai & Andy are very chummy.

The answers to the why will only ever be speculation unless/until something ever sheds light on it which may never happen. I enjoy seeing the cast again after the long hiatus, but like some, the lack of a celebration of Richonne which has yet to happen on any big scale by the show is disappointing. To see the players almost ignore it or treat it as the show has so far - a happenstance but let's move on as there are more important things to focus on, is a let down. I think many were counting on Andy and Danai to do what AMC and the show have been reluctant to do during this comic con.

I feel it. I get it. I too am disappointed. I think I have finally come to accept Richonne is not a big deal to AMC and the producers of the show and they have chosen to go forward in that vain. Big bad Negan, other communities, bigger world, AMC and producer driven fan favorites, etc are their focus and selling point. The biggest thing I have to accept also is that Danai is not their leading lady in their eyes.

These things are not a big deal for many or most who aren't hanging on to the show for Richonne, but for the few of us that are - it seems this is the lay of the land and it sucks. I'll stick around a bit longer to watch the Richonne and Grimes 2.0 bits this upcoming season, but I am not certain how long I'll last watching for them if those moments become and matter less and less.

Belle, slade3, hewontgo and 9 others like this.
  2. Tori

Tori The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    Maybe he had to go to the restroom.

balladsinthebluegrass likes this.
  3. TexasZAgal

TexasZAgal Ricktator
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Dann but Danai is just so dann beautiful.

4. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  5. Walkingonsunshine

Walkingonsunshine The Ones Who Live
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Sorry I pretty much blacked out after this sentence. :dump::trash::merle:

[​IMG]

6. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    [​IMG]
    Lauren Cohan, Sonequa Martin-Green, Danai Gurira, Steven Yeun and Chandler Riggs photographed at San Diego Comic Con on July 23, 2016

7. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    It truly could be anything. Like you, per multiple reports, Andy and Danai seem to be getting along just fine at SDCC, but it does seem they are deliberately not taking photos together. Andy is dedicating almost all of his time to JDM (at least his conscious effort -- NR is glued to AL so we're stuck with that as we are every year).

Your point about the show wanting to market and push JDM/Negan makes the most sense to me. AL is the "face" of the show -- and if they're going to use any images in promotion and news articles, they will probably use AL. So, if they have to use AL, whose face is going to be right next to him in every picture? JDM.

8. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    [​IMG]
    Love them all! =D

Credit: DaltonRoss twitter

DixonGrimes likes this.
  9. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  10. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    cgomes, DixonGrimes and Chaos like this.
  11. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I wonder of that's the cast throwing those at him:lol:

12. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Josh McDermitt attends the ‘The Walking Dead’ TV series press line at Comic-Con International on July 22, 2016 in San Diego

balladsinthebluegrass likes this.
  13. Butler36

Butler36 What?
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I also think because Carl is missing and AL has been playing that that he's in that mindframe so that might reflect in his talk about Rick as well.

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  14. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  15. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Andrew Lincoln and Jeffrey Dean Morgan on Yahoo Entertainment’s Snapchat

16. Summer Breeze

Summer Breeze Babysitting Judith
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Also wanted to give a big shout out to all you wonderful folks who've been posting pics, videos, tweets, etc for this con. This site and this thread in particular have been my mainstay for the past 2 days and have fed all my comic con needs! Thanks guys!

17. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Well, I hope that wasn't the case. :lol: If they could wait for CH, I think they'd wait for MC. I'm not sure what else he had going on, but I hope it was important.

18. balladsinthebluegrass

balladsinthebluegrass Hold to things that are bright.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Bye
    :ripme::ripme::ripme:

19. forevermichonne

forevermichonne Negan's crusty toes on Michonne's good carpet
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    RICKY.
    DICKY.
    DODAH
    GRIMES.

Goodnight all.

Chaos, Clutterbuck and gmc_vitamind like this.
  20. MrsG

MrsG Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Jesus fu**king Christ. I'm dead. :ripme:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.