1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Compilation SDCC Social Media Thread #2

Discussion in 'TWD Conventions' started by Doctor Grimes, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  2. gmc_vitamind

gmc_vitamind Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    :dump:The couples therapy video with AL and JDM and the video after it was too good. I've decided that I actually hate Andrew James Clutterbuck because I love him too much because he is too good for this world.

3. gmc_vitamind

gmc_vitamind Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
  4. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    That video was incredibly cute. I hope someone gifs it soon.

5. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Welcome to the club. I should make t-shirts....

gmc_vitamind likes this.
  6. forevermichonne

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  7. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  8. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I like to believe that in her mind DG is really like "WTF Norman, cut that immature shit out!"

9. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I wonder if its hard to go from playing friends for 3 years to playing lovers and if that impacts how Andy and Danai are interacting. They may just be acting the way they always have as good friends and workmates not realizing how its coming off. He did have a different dynamic with SWC but maybe that's because she played his wife from the very beginning.

10. Minty

Minty Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    Okay, that couple's therapy video was the best thing I watched all day :lol:

DixonGrimes likes this.
  11. Tyler

Tyler ▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    plz skybound panel come out

12. Tori

Tori The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    I just think he's closer to SWC. The are both married with kids that are probably around the same age. There families are probably still close.

tuswig and Danaisbestie like this.
  13. forevermichonne

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I admit I was feeling really down about SDCC yesterday but today has more than made up for it.

#13 forevermichonne, Jul 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    slade3 and Clutterbuck like this.
  14. Chaos

Chaos Searching for my Snatched Wig
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    First Danai says "this is the adult corner" and now she's saying "Norman! Can't take you anywhere!"

Yep, lmao! She's through! She's done with the antics!:lol::lol::lol:

15. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Seriously, where is that thing? I've been checking YouTube every so often, but nada so far.

16. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Same. I'm much happier today. :beardsmile:

balladsinthebluegrass likes this.
  17. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  18. Valerie

Valerie Professional procrastinator....
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    No Richonne, but I'm happy with Carchonne, I'll take that :)

19. Caribbeanqueen11

Caribbeanqueen11 Supplier of Mints
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    OK so I'm back to glass half full and will just respond with my thoughts to the earlier posts in Part 1:

I don't think it's that AMC doesn't want Richonne or doesn't care about Richonne, I believe it's the opposite actually Richonne = fan interest/political statement/cutting edge which = $. BUT, what I can see is them encouraging the cast not to sit together constantly, not by overt statements to the actors but by saying "the Focus for Season 7 is Negan, don't do or say anything that will take the focus off that". Hell even after 6.11 Denise Huth's answer to CH's question on the one word to describe the Season 6 finale and what was to come said "NEGAN!".

Fact:
    • AMC has thrown millions behind the marketing of Negan for ComicCon and other Ads;
    • You are barely seeing any Ads of Rick solely, just a group, the group - he has become one of them
    • Rick has 'fallen' from the role of Leader and you will see more Ads focused on Negan at the position of power, almost as if he is in fact the lead
    • Given the $ and time AMC has spent on this villian and this arc.. Nothing else, not Richonne, the Kingdom, or fan favorites Carol & Daryl will be permitted, at least during promos, to shift the focus from Negan! - It's marketing 101 actually!
    As for everything else, I hope it wasn't any of my rants in the first part of this thread that led to discussion/speculation about DG & AL having a falling out, because that was not my intent and, in fact, I see it differently. Even with the stress you can clearly see they are under, AL & DG continue to have a deep love and respect for one another. AL is extremely attentive to her when she talks, it's like he's hanging on her every word and she is the same with him. Please don't take this to mean I believe anything untoward is happening between them. They have a great friendship and the actors are ride or die in defence of the other. As I mentioned in another post she is part of the inner circle of AL, NR and the big bad of the moment and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

I also disagree that AL & DG not being joined at the hip is out of respect for Gael. AL loves and is devoted to his wife. She comes from a show business family so she knows he's working and Richonne is part of his job. Also AL was joined at the hip with SWC during seasons 1&2, but I will qualify that to say that they were heavily promoting their marriage and them being together was the central arc at that time. SWC is very different than DG in that she'll post on social media the personal things and meeting up for dinner etc. (As an aside, there were rumours about SWC and AL in the beginning but they fizzled because she is married with a child - those type of fans look for anything to cause discord which is sad - DG is more low key and very, very private. If she goes out to dinner with AL, NR or any of her coworkers and their families we would not know unless they chose to tweet or IG about it.)

The difference, as I've said above, is if DG/AL are seen joined at the hip, with their friendship and chemistry, they would be bombarded with Richonne questions and the focus for the interviews would be taken away from the main narrative - Negan. So I guess in a way the cast is going out of their way to ensure the focus at interviews is on them as a collective cast rather than their own individual storylines.
    That's JMO

20. AnythingGoes71

AnythingGoes71 Searching for Sophia

Walker Pets:
    I actually like Norman but the older he gets, the more childish I think he comes across for me. I remember the video when Danai, Andy, and Norman were talking and viding on a phone and she was saying someone could win the phone and it would be charity related if I'm correct and then Norman was sticking out his tongue(maybe) and trying to show off his chest/nipple and Danai had to pull his shirt closed. I remember first of all thinking Danai and Andy looked like parents who had to deal with the 4 year old son. Even Andy looked like what is he doing over there. Secondly I thought, how disrespectful it was of Norman to be pulling childish crap like that at a time when Danai is trying to speak about something that matters to her in regards to helping people/the world be a better place. It really irked me at the time.

About the recent SDCC panel which I have not seen a complete version yet, I think Andy pushed him aside after the Richonne question because sometimes he's not in the mood for Norman. Also, Hardwick ticked me off when after Dania talking about Richonne him called Daryl Rick's other love which imo downplays the story of this love story that has been built over the last 3 years for this pairing. I get sick of Hardwick's "man love" and "bromance" crap as he did his comment of "Keep going" when Lenny talked about Rick/Morgan's manlove and making stupid jokes as well.

Jenna Alaki, danny, box5angel and 8 others like this.