1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Season 6 Bonus Feature Shows How The Andersons Died

Discussion in '6x09: No Way Out' started by Doctor Grimes, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Tori

Tori The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    This is why people didn't believe she was being abused. This is why some thought she might be the abuser. Even after we found out she was being abused there was more sympathy for Pete and not much for Jessie.

2. Allie

Allie Wearing a Necklace of Ears
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    [
    Me three. After their scene he stated it felt completely natural and Danai agreed. She even said, when your characters are in the right place story wise, doing what they should be doing, that's how it should feel. So true.

Andy also said, Rick and Michonne make perfect sense.

Denie39, box5angel and nat_richonne like this.
  3. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Most definitely natural. Right time. Right place. They make a ton of sense unlike Jessick which made no sense at all in so many ways.

Denie39 and Allie like this.
  4. grimesfan2501

grimesfan2501 Survivor of Many Disasters
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    So, so true. I loudly argued with one of my married male co-workers that Jessie was the abuser and not Pete. When Rick had that talk with Deanna and Deanna confirmed that Jessie was the victim, I had to go to work and apologize. In the back of my mind i still found it hard to believe that Pete was the abuser. I kept waiting (right up to the end when Rick shot him point blank) that we would find out that Jessie was putting on a show pretending to be a victim of abuse.

I also found it hard to believe that she would subject her kids to the physical abuse as well. It's one thing rolling over and letting someone beat you, but letting it continually happen to your child is unacceptable. I assume Ron was around 14 and Sam around 10, so she had been letting her husband mistreat her children for way too long. After all, most abusers do go to sleep at some point. I would have had a pot of boiling water on the stove or some matches and straw somewhere hidden.

I also find it unbelievable that Jessie found the nerve to tell Rick that he cannot talk to her son or touch him when all Rick wanted to do was help Ron, yet she was willing to try to make Rick her "man".

That whole story arc had my blood boiling, (still does) not because of anyone shipping Jessik, but the way the writers portrayed an abuse victim. I think the writers should have took an intensive course on what it is like being a victim of abuse. Unfortunately, over the course of my life, I have known 2 former victims of abuse. One made it out and one did not. That may be why I became so upset with the abuse story line.

And after Carol baited Pete, I felt so, sorry for Pete and wanted that so called abuse victim, Jessie , gone. gone. gone.

I also felt sorry for Ron and Sam. It wasn't their fault that they had parents (an abusive father and a self centered mother) that did not care for them at all.

Glad I got that off my chest. Now let me go find some "happy" thoughts. I think i will go to the Richonne zone. Peace out.

5. Allie

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    The funny thing is that Andy has been acting for almost 20 years. He's had explicit love scenes, been naked more times than one can count, sucked face with a stream of actresses, but she truly thinks her character has brought him to his nervous knees. LORD!

No, it was about his character going down the friggin' rabbit hole, with one of the most useless characters in the history of this show.

That's why he kept saying over and over again, "It was going to get weird." This is the same season he told Gimple, that he was scared, or nervous about the upcoming season. Gimple replied, "Yeah we should all be scared." I thought that conversation was so strange. But, then I understood when this story line came out. They should have been afraid. Rick was unrecognizable and creepy in his interaction with her. Andy doesn't watch the show, so he has no idea how badly it came off. Let me rephrase that, he does. Mama Clutterbuck told him. I remember that interview. LOL Andy spoke about what his momma thought about it. She was brutal and I loved her for it.

6. Tori

Tori The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    His mother wasn't the only one. The media wasn't kind at all. He was being called Shane 2.0 and a stalker. They were saying how out of character it was for him to act this way. They didn't like it. It was a pretty universally hated arc.

7. TexasZAgal

TexasZAgal Ricktator
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    What interview was he talking about, is it somewhere here?

8. Tori

Tori The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    A lot of us thought she might be the abuser. I think it actually could have been a more interesting story if she had have been abuser instead of the victim.

box5angel, Denie39, LunaFall and 2 others like this.
  9. Gekari

Gekari Garbage Purring Kitty ि०॰०ॢी
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Please, for scientific purpose, can you give the link to this interview?

I can't stop laughing...:roflmao:

I'll watch TTD with AB just to know what I didn't need to go through. (God bless this site! God bless I'm here post canon!)

Flower1petals, box5angel and Allie like this.
  10. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer

Walker Pets:
    The entire sequence, from Carl getting shot to the big chop, felt a bit too staged for me...something about it just seemed off, however to see the footage of AL being so light hearted and almost jovial about Jessie's demise is pure gold.

Denie39 and I'mStillWithYou like this.
  11. Tori

Tori The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    That's because it was poorly written. The chop was just so underwhelming, and those flashbacks didn't help.

Denie39 and tuswig like this.
  12. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer

Walker Pets:
    Exactly, the flashbacks with the red filter definitely uped the cheesy factor of that scene.

box5angel and Denie39 like this.
  13. Allie

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I'll try to find it for you. I saw the whole thing when it came out after that tragic season, but I'm not sure if the entire interview is still up. I'll look for you.

It's the one where he's on the couch (In London) being babysat by Nicotero. Andy had been a bad, bad, boy. He went Richonne rogue and was under lockdown. It's the same interview where he said he never considered it a romance. He explicitly said so. Nicotero, was popping a vein but Andy didn't give a shit. Then he brings up momma Clutterbuck, who basically told him, that relationship makes no friggin' sense. Then Andy says, "Well, you know, Rick's a complicated dude...or guy." Momma Clutterbuck says, "Oh, come off it! You really need to be suspicious of what's going on there." I laughed for days....and days. She is so on it.

14. Chaos

Chaos Michonne licks Rick clean
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Okay so I just looked at the comments on the episodes of Talking Dead that AB was on (hell naw I didn't watch them), and MY GOD, they are so fucking embarrassing!!!

All I see are ignorant comments about how Rick and the blondie are cute together and shit.... She's gonna live and what not... ALL based on the fact that AB is "hot". Now... I personally feel that she's nothing but average, but just knowing that people wanted these two together simply because they would "smash AB", shows me how ridiculous this fandom is. We all know this shit made absolutely NO SENSE and was FORCED AS HELL, but these folk wanted Owl to stick around because they found AB attractive.

Why am I not shocked???

BUT, looking back at those after Richonne went canon... All I can say is: LMFAOOO! Eat it haters!!!

box5angel, Denie39, hewontgo and 2 others like this.
  15. Allie

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    It's the one with Greg Nicotero in London. They are sitting on the couch. It may be here on the site. I'll try to see if I can find it, but I'm not sure if it's still up.

Gekari likes this.
  16. Tori

Tori The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    And then two seconds after Carl was shot he forgot all about her. Hasn't mentioned her since.

17. Gekari

Gekari Garbage Purring Kitty ि०॰०ॢी
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    @Allie thank you:hearts:

Even if you do not find it I'm already satisfied by your description.

Andy really doesn't give a sh*t about what people will think of him and does it in the most polite way possible. (I need to revise my manners...:sick:)

Allie likes this.
  18. LaToya78

LaToya78 Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I found it in three parts, so don't know if it's all there.

19. Allie

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Yeah, that's it. Thanks LaToya, for posting it.

box5angel likes this.
  20. TexasZAgal

TexasZAgal Ricktator
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Thanks for posting these videos, they are great. My favorite moment is when Andy talks about Rick and Michonne (surprise, surprise), and he says that Rick has a deep respect and love for Michonne *swoon*:richonne::richonne:

But there was nothing about his mother on them.

box5angel and Caribbeanqueen11 like this.