1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Shane Walsh / Jon Bernthal Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Villains (and those who play them)' started by DanNintendoMan, Mar 10, 2016.

1. DanNintendoMan

DanNintendoMan The ship's cook

Walker Pets:
    Even though his descent into madness and lust for his former best friend's wife was difficult to watch, we all loved every minute of it. Even until the end.

Discuss Reverend Shane Walsh here!

[​IMG]

Katbird likes this.
  2. JayHey

JayHey Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    Shane was fine as hell before that haircut.

Katbird likes this.
  3. Bazooka Jane

Bazooka Jane On a pirate ship
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Shane had to go for Rick to progress, but I appreciated the fact that he got with the ZA program waaaaaaay ahead of everyone else. Plus he was hot. The attempted rape was no bueno tho.

Katbird and JayHey like this.
  4. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'll admit, the very first scene we were introduced to Shane reciting his beautifully crafted, utterly unfounded, sexist speech, I hated his guts. But he grew on me over the seasons. His complicated relationship with the Grimes was too fun to watch. There were moments where he would produce such a conflicting reaction from me from the tender way he handled Rick after Carl's gun shot to his near rape of Lori. I can safely say that in this whole show he was the most complicated, complex individual that left me going, "???" if someone asked me whether I loved or hated him. Both, I would say.

Katbird, JayHey and ReeciePiecey like this.
  5. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    It was well played and well written. I don't think anyone, especially if they were unfamiliar with the GN like I was at the time, really knew how impactful Shane's conflict was. I have to admit, I understood why the character was in "that place". I am all in with my support/ love for Rick, but the creatives did an excellent job showing the complexities of Shane, Rick, and Lori's dynamic. I know there was a bit of Lori doing the L ady MacBeth thing, but I definitely was feeling a little of the Authur, Lancelot, Guinevere thing with them....and it was well played.

Gooey Goobert likes this.
  6. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I love Jon and I am so happy of the great things coming his way.

Katbird likes this.