1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Soooooo Morgan is still bae.

Discussion in 'Morgan / Lennie James' started by MyNameIsKwame, Feb 3, 2016.

1. dance4me

dance4me Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    BAE ALL DAY!

[​IMG]

2. Ship Verse

Ship Verse I.D.G.A.F.
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Something came across my tumblr dash that had me really confused. Some people see Morgan as Ed 2.0, because he body slammed Carol. It was in response to someone liking the idea of Corgan in the confession. I have to say that is extreme as hell. Morgan is not an abuser! Are you kidding me??? Listen you don't have to like the idea of Corgan, I like the idea but I am well aware they are both not in mental stable places at the moment but to compare Morgan to Ed is just wrong.

Morgan is a murderer*, he is mentally unstable, but he is not a wife beater, or an abuser. So I mean talk about outrageous. I wish his plot line was not tied so closely to Carol. He is not getting a fair shake. I think it is kind of irresponsible to accept certain forms of coping and completely disregard others as if any of us would fair better. Morgan is a product of his experiences as everyone else is. I think Morgan, being able to survive for as long as he has is a testament to his strength, no matter how annoying some think he is. I get angry that people want to desecrate his character just because he doesn't fall in line with their faves. Lets be honest, Morgan could have done everything differently, he could have cared for Carol and people would probably find a reason to dislike him because he is not Daryl.

But seriously, Ed 2.0??? Wow.

3. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I am just.... :eyefuck:

Ship Verse likes this.
  4. SevenStars

SevenStars Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:

This type of fans reaction/overreaction is one of the main reason I don't want the writers to put Morgan and Carol together or to have them share any storylines. Because despite the fact that I find them interesting together and I like their dynamic, I know how the fans will treat Morgan and I fear the writers will use him as a prop for her.

No character who go up against Carol can win with this fandom, except Daryl. Because the fandoms still see Carol as this abusive victim who is a victim of every character who doesn't agree with her or go up against her. That’s why they claimed that Rick verbally abuse Carol. Because Rick dared to make a decision base on Carol's actions. So I'm not surprise at all that they are now comparing Morgan to Ed.

5. Caribbeanqueen11

Caribbeanqueen11 Supplier of Mints
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Absolutely love LJ and wish he had more in Season 6. I'm really excited to see where they take this character and what kind of impact he will have on Carol in S7. Should make for some amazing episodes.

6. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I like Morgan I find him interesting. But he is more interesting with Rick. They have a past and a bond so why not keep it going. Why bring him back just for him to talk to Rick like 3 times. It is just dumb writing.

idcabtthisish and yuna like this.
  7. Minty

Minty Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    Just dropping by to give Morgan some love, because he needs it and deserves it. :holdheart: All the hate he received from fans this season was undeserved and it pissed me off.

Anyway, I'm curious to see what he'll be up to in season 7 and I hope he finds balance.

8. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Morgan is definitely not bae.

He is LIFE.

Soooo obsessed w/ his character. Except for his bottle episode that took place right after Thank You where I cursed Gimple and TPTB ALLLL the way out, I love everything about Morgan. I even loved him in Clear.

About the whole "Morgan's wrong for body slamming Carol..." is ANYONE gonna mention that Carol was trying to KILL him? People seem to forget that little detail. Men are gonna protect themselves.

I was truly disappointed that the Rick/Morgan conflict that was so hyped up was really Corgan. I was annoyed. And the fact that they're going to the Kingdom.... I think I was the ONLY one in all of TWD fandom that cared about the "But if I don't [come back], don't come looking for me" line. I was screaming at my TV like "WHY TF WOULDN'T YOU COME BACK?!" LMBO.

His philosophy is one end of the spectrum, and Carol's is on the other end. We should all be concerned w/ ourselves when we get to the point where we can't believe life is precious. W/ that said, no, ALL life is NOT precious. SOME is. Not all. Deciding on who is and isn't is the issue. Rick and co have lost their minds, none more so than Carol. Everyone canNOT die. Rick can't decide only his people/the people he knows get to live. And Carol can't decide everyone gets to die. It's effing annoying af. I need those two to have their come to Jesus moment and get a happy medium agreement going. Like ASAP.

They're both wrong, and they're both right.

Aside from Michonne and Richonne (I would say Carl, but oh you know, Gimple effed up his Negan arc and gave it to Daryl), Morgan is the character I am most excited to see. He's killed someone now (in defense of Carol of all ppl *groan*) and I'm DYING to figure out how this is gonna hurt him, or if he'll be totally unbothered. I can't wait. LJ is playing tf outta this character.

#28 idcabtthisish, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
  9. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Real MVP right here.

Tisha Grimes likes this.
  10. The Last Big Kat

The Last Big Kat Vengeance For The Plunderers
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Morgan is so bae. Have you seen him smile? When that man smiles, the whole world smiles.