1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Stab Them in the Head: Rosita Espinosa Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Rosita / Christian Serratos' started by Butler36, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Butler36

Butler36 What?
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Give your love to Rosita!
    [​IMG]

2. LivingAsMe

LivingAsMe ~Rejecting Negativity, Embracing Positivity~
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  3. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I really want her to have a better arc because Christian has the chops for it. Also, if they are going to give her a sendoff, it needs to be better than comic counterpart

4. 21melpomene

21melpomene Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    Give this young lady something to do other than make love to Spencer. She has a lot of potential.

5. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    I like Rosita and want to see her develop more. She isn't a fan favorite and gets overlooked because she hasn't had a storyline of her own aside from Abe. I think they started giving her a bit more shine in 6b for a reason. When she does speak she is great. She is also one of the most selfless fighters and even was still a good comrade with Abe after the drama. She has always been brave, loyal and dutiful. I like her sass too.

6. QueenofPeace

QueenofPeace left of the middle.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I really like Rosita. My top three favorite female characters are Michonne, Sasha, and Rosita. I like them all for different reasons. I think Rosita is actually pretty underrated. She has proven herself multiple times that she's a capable fighter, ally, and member of TF. It sucks that she hasn't been given much to do on her own outside of subtle action moments or being treated like poop by Abraham. I'd love to see them explore Rosita a little more...I feel like the episode where Denise died, they did kind of examine Rosita a little as an independent character outside of Abraham, but I want to know more.

No offense to Daryl, but I wish less time would be spent on characters like him and Carol and instead given to others who need some shine. Especially among the females, I feel like Carol has received way too much attention at this point. How about we explore some of the other fabulous female characters? We have so many strong female characters right now OTHER than Carol....Rosita, Michonne, Maggie, Sasha, etc.

So, in summary, more Rosita please. :)

7. The Last Big Kat

The Last Big Kat Vengeance For The Plunderers
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  8. KatanaQueen

KatanaQueen Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
  9. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    rosita espinosa serving looks

10. Bailey88

Bailey88 Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    Just here to give Rosita some love. She's been getting bashed pretty harshly about what she does in Hearts Still Beating. She makes a mistake like many other characters on this show and I believe she will become a better person because of it. I have a feeling she is going to kick ass in 7b and I hope season 8.

Minty, lovingdead, box5angel and 5 others like this.
  11. QueenofPeace

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yeah, agreed. I saw comments saying she should be beaten (ummm.....wtf?) for what happens in episode 8. Firstly, I think we all need to watch the actual episode before getting too crazy and over the top. Secondly, Rosita is not the only character who has acted rashly (wasn't episode 7 all about how Carl behaved extremely recklessly causing Negan to come to ASZ AGAIN where he now has further Intel on Rick's home life, his hands on Judith, and now harassing Olivia), so I don't see the point of witch hunting members of TF for their mistakes, of course it's only certain members of TF who receive this scrutiny. Thirdly, I'm sure Rosita would gladly accept responsibility and consequences for her actions in trying to assassinate Negan, so its not as if she is cowering or denying her actions.

12. Rickdickulous Trash

Rickdickulous Trash Bring me the Samurai...
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Got mad love for this chick!!
    Always will!

13. Bailey88

Walker Pets:
    People are going off on Rosita before watching the episode. We don't even know what happens prior to Rosita taking a shot a Negan. Rosita is also going through a lot mentally. She had to watch Abe head get smashed to mush and dealt with Negan tormenting her right after. She wants revenge and I understand that. Maggie wanted to prepare to fight right after the deaths without even having the numbers to take on Negan and the Saviors and nobody said anything about that. I noticed most of the people making negative comments about Rosita don't like her character so there you go.

lovingdead and QueenofPeace like this.
  14. QueenofPeace

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    For sure, you can see it's just people who are not fans and are never going to be fans. I guess I just find it weird when different rules clearly apply based on who the character is lol. So is this also Carl's fault since he technically led Negan there? I don't think it solves anything to point fingers at anyone in TF alone since they all been behaving a little recklessly and Negan is completely unpredictable.

lovingdead and SweetDee85 like this.
  15. SweetDee85

SweetDee85 Richonne Trash
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I was so glad Father Gabriel got Rosita to open up. We got to understand more of what she has been going through after Glenn and Abe's death. I didn't know she felt alone. She listed everyone paired up and then it's just her. I felt so bad. She is having a rough time and I empathize with her. She just wanted revenge, like Maggie, Michonne and Carl did. Of course she feels HORRIBLE about Olivia's death. She even begged Negan to take her instead of Eugene. She doesn't get enough credit. She is a strong woman.

16. ALDGRichonneLover

ALDGRichonneLover "I wanted it to be ours, me and you"
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Nestled in Ricks' murder coat and Michonnes' jeans
    Custom Banner
    See, I like Rosita a lot. I like her spunk and her fire and her will to fight. Buuuttt, Rosita had TWO people tell her her idea was not a smart one. She saw up close and personal with how Negan reacts unpredictably. Yet she still CHOSE to try and kill Negan when he had the numbers and TF didn't. Negan could have taken out everyone right then and there over her emotional reaction. She didn't care, didn't think and THAT is why many folks are pissed.

I am just glad that we were FINALLY able to see a reaction from Rosita with the Father G conversation. We were given a glimpse as to how she feels about losing Abe, which I feel Gimple skimped on like with the rest of TF. And I did feel really badly for her and my heart broke at this point after her conversation with Father G. She just looked so lost. CS did a great job with SG as Father G and I want to see if there will be any fall out over this. We shall see but kudos to CS. I liked that Rosita did continue to fight, even with Arat in her face with the knife. Rosita is a tough woman like the rest of TF ladies. CS did great overall and glad she is finally being utilized more on the show.

#16 ALDGRichonneLover, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  17. AbsoluteTrash

AbsoluteTrash Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Just wanted to show Rosita some love. I am one of those people that is angry at Rosita for acting out. I mean...two people told her the idea/plan was awful. Even still, I am excited that she is getting some focus this season. We are finally getting to learn about her more as a person. Love it.

18. Dobbying

Dobbying Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    Rosita is fast climbing my list of favourite characters. It was heartbreaking seeing how alone she felt with her conversation with Father Gabriel (and I'm so happy he told her she was valued).

Even if I don't agree with her decisions, it's still easy to see where she's coming from. She was in a very vulnerable place, and feeling suicidal. Father Gabriel's conversation helped and you could see she was willing to reach out to people instead of keeping her walls up when she accepted Spencer's dinner invite. And then that one glimmer of lightness was snatched away by the same guy who killed Abraham. Of course she saw red and tried to kill Negan after that. I'm getting really tired of people dismissing her as a bitch and calling her stupid, just because they're not interested in complex characters. :eyefuck:

I'm really hoping we get to see Rosita become more immersed in Team Family next half, and in particular I hope we get to see more of the Rosita/Tara connection.

19. Bailey88

Walker Pets:
    I'm more pumped for Rosita/Sasha. Rosita is still hurt that Abe chose Sasha but that nod between them said they are willing to work together to avenge him. I also wish people would stop calling Rosita stupid and other names because it's really not necessary. I truly think Rosita is going to surprise a lot of people with a her strength and bravery. I also wonder if Rosita is pregnant.

20. SweetDee85

SweetDee85 Richonne Trash
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yeah, I understand why people are upset with her. I get it. But I think that's the point with our survivors. They all have made mistakes and it's how they recover from those mistakes is what I look for. I thought what Rosita did was pretty stupid. But I'm not going to wish her to be killed or raped like I have seen some people say. I know she feels bad, you could see it and hear it in her voice. Now, I am looking to see how she recovers from this, how she learns from this.