1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Article Star Steven Yeun Joins Bong Joon-Ho's Sci-Fi 'Okja'

Discussion in 'Glenn / Steven Yeun' started by Doctor Grimes, Apr 22, 2016.

1. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I am not willing to throw in the towel with Glenn...well atleast not yet, but the timing and the filming locations of SY's new movie are pretty damning. I have always been okay with the idea of Glenn being Lucille'd, he is a big character and it did happen in the comics afterall HOWEVER in light of "dumpstergate" I cannot conceive why the show would move forward with this...I don't think I would give up on the show completely, but I would definitely stop watching it live from week to week.

Denie39, cgomes, yuna and 3 others like this.
  2. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    The synopsis reminds me of Kazuo Umezo's Fourteen, which is about a genetically modified chicken who takes revenge on humanity. I am happy for Steven, especially for a Korean immigrant since South Korea tends to be slightly hostile to their expats. I still have not given up the towel though

tuswig likes this.
  3. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I always knew it was Glenn getting lucielled but was hoping it would be Abe. I'm happy that I had already told myself it was Glenn so I don't feel shock. I'm happy for Steve bc as I posted in other threads, this is what he wanted, he wanted his comic death so that Glenn would be remembered in a big way, he said it in interviews. Sure we remember those whom have died but to be the one lucielled is big. I'd rather a main character go out in a big way like by Negan than getting trapped by a walker or something dumb. That would have been a dis-service. While I'm sad, I'm happy he got what he wanted. His career is only going to sky rocket now.

4. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

LOL one of my friends is one of those people..when Beth died she said, well maybe the bullet just grazed her and she's passed out. I was like girl no :lol:

5. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

He is really funny...I saw on a panel that he wants to host SNL one time and that would be his dream. Well after lucielle, they better put him on. I would sign that petition because he's hysterical :)

balladsinthebluegrass likes this.
  6. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Oh, shit, that would be SO good. I don't watch SNL that much, but I would definitely tune in for that. I'm surprised they never had him host before. Has anyone from TWD ever host SNL? If not, Steven would be a good one to start with.

tuswig and DixonGrimes like this.
  7. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    No none from TWD has ever hosted, I feel like they use the same 5 celebrities lol, but that's why honestly I'm happy for Glenn getting lucielled bc I feel like he's gonna be in the media spotlight come October, and get great offers. That's why I guess I understand why he wanted to go out on his terms so I guess if anything TWD gave him a respected send off, so much better than the dumpster would've been. I don't watch SNL but I totally would if he was on :)

8. SevenStars

SevenStars Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I would have agreed with you if they had killed him in the finale. But now, most people will remember the cliffhanger, not the death of beloved character.

Honestly, this just makes me hate the cliffhanger more and resent the screen time that was spent on Carol in the last two episodes.

9. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I agree, I hate the cliffhanger and we all know I hate Carol lol

Navy&Cream likes this.
  10. Marley

Marley Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    I'm so happy for Steven!! He deserves all of the work he's been getting! This just makes me hate that cliffhanger even more. What a mess. BE FREE, STEVEN!!

DixonGrimes and lovingdead like this.
  11. LaToya78

LaToya78 Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    I think the last 4 or 5 episodes were spent on Carol starting with episode 12. Even though the majority of the characters where in that episode for the raid on the saviors compound it still started with Carol and her problems. And then episode 13 it was downhill from there, that was a Carol episode with Maggie thrown in there it's the reason why i can't stand that episode, and didn't really pay that much attention when it was on. Episode 14 some of Carol, episode 15 Carol running off and the majority Rick and Morgan's conversation being about Carol. Episode 16 more time spent on Morgan and Carol and the guy running through the woods than the people in the van. Yep way to much Carol, hopefully i don't have to see her until maybe the last 2 or 3 episode of the season 7 finale. But I know that's wishful thinking.

12. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I am just so depressed about this news I don't know. I really may just YouTube Richonne scenes and that be that. I need to just start severing ties, because Glenn going out like this is such a slap to the face. Really. It's insulting. It turns my stomach.

13. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    @DixonGrimes I was hoping Abe too, or Eugene. It would still be a copout because they aren't old school. I like that Abe is developing more of a relationship with Rick, but I'm kinda wishing it was Glenn developing more and getting closer to Rick. I'm like he has been by Rick's side how long and has a wife like Rick now and yet they let Abe have all the shine and bond?! Whatevs.

#53 lovingdead, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  14. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm so sorry Doc, yeah watch Richonne videos it helps and the Richonne positivity thread is my fav. I feel bad for Glenn fans. He will be missed. I remember when the finale aired and the minute I saw my 2 favorite people, Rick & Daryl get on their knees I completely lost it on my couch crying into a pillow. I completely understand ..hope your day gets better!!

15. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

Yeah I never really cared for Abe I mean he's just like there. I don't worry for him or care about him... Honestly I'd rather have Eugene on the show and his weird one liners than Abe lol

16. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I don't know what to think. I really expected him to be back in Atlanta despite all the evidence. How can they give him a proper send off if he's not there to film 701????

17. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    Because maybe they did already film it and the cast and crew is sworn to say otherwise.

Michele, DixonGrimes and Danaisbestie like this.
  18. Nerdgasm

Nerdgasm Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    I liked Snowpiercer so I'm sure I'll like this. Especially if it has Steven tied to it.
    As for what that may mean well....

19. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    The movie does sound interesting, but I have to wonder why they have so many well known actors in what sounds like supporting roles (I am glad the MC is Korean. I don't need another film where the MC is a white guy in a foreign country). The movie also sounds like it would be better suited as an animated film instead of live action. I could see this as a Studio Ghibli film from what little I've read.

20. Denie39

Denie39 Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    It doesn't bother me that Glenn might go. If he's going to go, fine. But this sloppy handling of S6 is what gets me. The dumpster debacle was pointless and didn't serve the SL, despite what Gimple claims. It was a stupid fake-out. It wouldn't even have been that bad if all we had was a week where we didn't know what happened to Glenn. But it was like 2 or 3? Can't remember. AND they removed his name from the opening credits? What kind of fuckery was that?

If Glenn was going to get the bat, they should not have done dumper-gate. I'd rather just be shocked raw by his death, not prepped. The suddenness of his murder in the comics is partly what made it so shocking and of course sad, because it was a character people loved.

So without dumpster-gate, I might have been able to roll with the cliffhanger.

As it stands, if it is Glenn, it's not a death knell for me re: the show, but its just lame. Lame to do a fake-out death in the dumpster, a cliffhanger, then all it ends up being is that Glenn got his comic death anyway.

The ONLY hope we have? Is if the S7 premiere is OFF THE CHAIN. That is really does justify the cliffhanger and, if it is Glenn, he gets an epic send off and his death leaves lasting reverberations on the characters for a long time.