1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Article Star Steven Yeun Joins Bong Joon-Ho's Sci-Fi 'Okja'

Discussion in 'Glenn / Steven Yeun' started by Doctor Grimes, Apr 22, 2016.

1. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

I completely agree!!! I mean I think that's why I'm not crying or depressed because I mourned Glenn back during the dumpster already, then he was alive and I was happy, then this and the signs to me said it would be Glenn getting lucielled, I'm all out of shock. Instead of a cliffhanger to hide the comic death, they should've never did the dumpster and let us all be surprised **side eyeing Kirkman and his stupid f*cking love for cliffhangers** :cautious: lol

Denie39 likes this.
  2. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    No one from TWD has yet to host SNL, although I think there was once a petition to get NR to host, who would be a terrible choice imo. I can totally see SY hosting (who has an improv background I think) and if they had a bit more name recognition I could see JM and RM hosting too.

Gooey Goobert likes this.
  3. SweetDee85

SweetDee85 Richonne Trash
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Him "possibly" being Lucille'd is not him "going out on his own terms". If that is the route they are going, he had nothing to do with it. That's all the TPTB. I know people are quoting him saying in an interview that he WANTED this death but he was being facetious. He wasn't literally saying "KILL MY CHARACTER!!!!". I find it hard to believe any actor on the show wants to be killed off. Not to mention, him being a MOC, it will be harder for him to get work.

Also, imo, this isn't a respected send off no matter who it is.

4. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

The actors go into the show knowing their characters can be killed without notice...it's a tv show literally about death. 6 seasons on TWD is a good run. What I explained was that Steve said if Glenn dies he wants his comic death. And it looks like he got it, so I merely stated I was happy he was happy. He doesn't look sad in his IG posts, he's traveling the world, filming movies, about to get married, financially set probably doesn't even need to work for a long time, he's good. The only people who are mad are fans but not the actual person playing the character Glenn. While I'll miss Glenn, if Steve isn't mad, then I'm not gonna be. There's actors who were bitter after their character was killed and vocal about it but that's not him. Gimple listens to his actors like Andrew wanting Richonne to happen and then it did. While the actors don't hold all the power, on a show this big, they definitly have some power, so I do think they took Steves wishes into consideration, and perhaps he was ready to move on from TWD and do other things.

Denie39, Jenna Alaki and lovingdead like this.
  5. Glennisbae

Glennisbae Searching for Sophia

Walker Pets:
    There's no way he's okay with the shitty material his character's gotten. No way. He's probably pissed about the cliffhanger,too. If they're killing Glenn, then they shouldn't have done the cliffhanger. I can't even be sad about him dying anymore, I'm just angry. It's one thing to kill off his character, but this disrespect? No one deserves this. Barely any screentime and it all went to emo manbaby Daryl and miserable Carol. It's disgusting. I'm not giving up on Glenn yet, but if he does die I am truly not watching because I refuse to support a show that disrespect it's actors THIS MUCH and I REFUSE to watch Daryl go all angsty manpain AGAIN, this time with my favorite character.

There's no way Steven WANTS this.

vinivre, Michele, cgomes and 5 others like this.
  6. SweetDee85

SweetDee85 Richonne Trash
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Of course they all go into it knowing it's a possibility but none of them are truly happy about it or even crave it. I refuse to believe Steven is a-okay with his character being killed after 6 seasons on the #1 show on television for years. We don't even know if these are his wishes. If it is him, yeah he will be professional and say the politically correct thing but he won't be happy about it. None of the cast who has ever been killed off was happy about it. They accepted it, yes but they weren't happy about it.

Michele, SevenStars and Danaisbestie like this.
  7. balladsinthebluegrass

balladsinthebluegrass Hold to things that are bright.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    He might not show up in Atlanta at all, not even to film the first episode. If his body is missing his head, they would not need him to actually be there. D:T_T

DixonGrimes likes this.
  8. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    That's so true

9. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Omg, I can't even deal. The more I think about it the more I don't think I can handle Glen dying. It's just not right given how season 6 played out.

GN did say in an interview that he didnt know if the Lucille victim would come back to film season 7 (which I thought was a strange answer) so there is that possibility but I just don't see a proper send off with what they filmed unless that's what the extra filming days in season 6 were for.

10. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Any chance you can link me to the article? The only thing I've seen so far is them stating that it hasn't been filmed.

11. Lilly965

Lilly965 Wig Shopping For Michonne
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    So if this was norman would you be saying the same thing? If norman didn't mind getting no screen time in his final season, a crap death fake out and then his head bashed in off camera you would need fine with it because norman would be smiling in Instagram pics?

This is why the writing and directions have been so bad, instead of us all caring about the character that died we all just care our favourite has survived.

Not attacking you but pointing out why this whole thing is wrong

Gimple doesn't listen to actors andrew said in a recent interview he has no say.

Michele, SweetDee85, cgomes and 3 others like this.
  12. Tater

Tater Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I take offense to this idea that this is just an epic death and SY was just clamoring for it and is lucky to get such a send off. I'm pretty confident that if it's your favorite, the death wouldn't be so epic. It's like when a frenemy (is that still a word we use) thinks a guy is just so so great for you but she would never even think about dating him. It's patronizing really.

#72 Tater, Apr 23, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    SweetDee85 and SevenStars like this.
  13. Danaisbestie

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Gooey Goobert likes this.
  14. Danaisbestie

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yeah Richonne did not happen because of Andy. That's just how Gimple wanted it...he wrote Clear with Richonne in mind and that was long before Andy started talking about Richonne. If the actors got what they wanted, Jessie would still be on the show :|

I think they get input into how certain scenes are played (like how Danai and Andy lobbied for 6x10 to play out) but big decisions like how a character dies or who their love interest is? No way.

15. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Unfortunately this is entirely subjective. Personally if it is Glenn there is NOTHING they could do in the premiere that would make me "accept" Glenn getting this death after the way he was shafted and Steven was so disrespected. Nothing about this would read as an "epic sendoff" to me nor would it justify the cliffhanger. The cliffhanger is a fucking gimmick that stripped away the emotional impact, that's it. I am 100% not here for "Glenn only gets his shine in death. We'll pay attention to Glenn now because he's toast." Nope. No thank you. Do not pass "Go." Do not collect $200.

16. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I feel like my words no matter what I say are getting misconstrued because emotions are running high over this Glenn news. I never meant this. I read Daryl hate everyday I never say anything because people are entitled to their opinions. I have said many times that I didn't want Glenn to die and that I will miss him, but people see my username and assume that I don't like Glenn and that I only like Daryl. Which is not true. I'm sorry if anything I said was misinterpreted as it was never my intent. I joined this site for positivity to talk about Richonne & TWD, not to be attacked or argue. I won't be responding to this thread anymore sorry

#76 DixonGrimes, Apr 23, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    Lickidesplit likes this.
  17. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    If they start with Negan's backstory and his association with Hilltop (backstory) and or maybe an intro to the Kingdom that could give all of them an extra 6 weeks (2 weeks per episode) before they all have to be on set. I really don't see them killing off Glenn.

18. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Also isn't Danai still filming the Tupac movie...btw that is being filmed in Georgia so she should be around just busy.

19. LaToya78

LaToya78 Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    I think their done filming someone posted a article about it

20. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    They've stated they will start out with the Lucille scene. Unless they decide to film out of order, they all really do need to be on set when filming starts.

Lickidesplit and Danaisbestie like this.