1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Article Steven Yeun shares the inside story of Glenn's brutal death (EW)

Discussion in 'Glenn / Steven Yeun' started by Clutterbuck, Oct 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I kept scrolling and thought I was losing my mind because I couldn't find Steven's name on the list. It's in the dead zone now. :gabe: This is a blurb from Steven's EW cover story.

“I don’t know if I’ve fully processed it yet,” says Steven Yeun about the untimely demise of his character on The Walking Dead. Fans could say the same thing.

Yeun appears on the cover of this week’s Entertainment Weekly and shares his memories about playing Glenn on television’s top-rated drama, as well as his thoughts about having to say goodbye to both the character and the show. “This is something that will hit me maybe a couple of months from now,” he says. “Or maybe it’ll hit me next year. Maybe it’ll be when I’m 45 and all of a sudden I’m just crying in my kitchen and I can’t explain why. At that point, it was beautiful in that it was so easy for me to get emotional. Personally, for me, I’m not one to cry all the time. I don’t cry much in real life. And when you do not cry in real life, the moments that you do cry are very, very fulfilling and cathartic. You realize, maybe I should cry more in general.”

Yeun also discusses whether he thinks the graphic violence was too much, what it was like for his family to have to sit through the scene (not all of them did), the importance of Glenn’s final words, as well as how he felt leaving The Walking Dead set for the final time.

“It was a really confusing time for me personally,” says Yeun of his exit. “It was a sense of relief that a chapter was closing, a sense of accomplishment in looking back and seeing all the things that I got to be a part of, a sense of sadness in knowing that I don’t get to work with these people in the same capacity again, and a sense of confusion because I didn’t know how to place a lot of it because I had to keep it secret.” X

[​IMG]

2. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Oh damn I just noticed the "We'll miss you too, Abraham!" at the bottom of the cover. That feels kind of rude. I'd rather they left it off instead of shoving it down there in tiny font. :dale:

3. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    “This is something that will hit me maybe a couple of months from now,” he says. “Or maybe it’ll hit me next year. Maybe it’ll be when I’m 45 and all of a sudden I’m just crying in my kitchen and I can’t explain why. At that point, it was beautiful in that it was so easy for me to get emotional. Personally, for me, I’m not one to cry all the time. I don’t cry much in real life. And when you do not cry in real life, the moments that you do cry are very, very fulfilling and cathartic. You realize, maybe I should cry more in general.”

[​IMG]

4. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    He's so eloquent. And also spot on with how I feel about Glenn. I just know the death of Glenn will hit me again out of the blue, and I'll have to sit down for a minute.

Also, that is the tiniest font I have ever seen for Abe. Wouldn't have even noticed it if you didn't point it out.

5. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Steven looks so damn fine on that cover I almost forgot to be sad. Then I remembered :(

That small ass font for Abe is shady as hell. Maybe he calls the people at EW assholes too:lol:

6. balladsinthebluegrass

balladsinthebluegrass Hold to things that are bright.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    "a sense of confusion because I didn’t know how to place a lot of it because I had to keep it secret"

:grumpy: That damned cliffhanger was traumatic for everyone but especially for SY. He deserved better.

7. Walkingonsunshine

Walkingonsunshine The Ones Who Live
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Here's inside the the Glenn cover issue

Gooey Goobert and tuswig like this.