1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Spoilers Summary for 7.02 from TWD Zone

Discussion in '7x02: The Well' started by Doctor Grimes, Oct 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    From TWD Zone!!

We see the Creepy House

This is a Kingdom episode but Carol and Morgan are the big players. There are new characters introduced and The Saviours are also present, but rest assured not like in the premiere. You will meet Ezekiel, Benjamin or Ben maybe, the tiger Shiva various Saviours (some familiar and some not).

The episode is lighter and better than the premiere.

Carol was transported on a cart pulled by the horse. The scene where she falls off the cart she is looking at the walkers that attacked their group. What is unusual is that Carol starts to “hallucinate” people before they became zombies. There were scenes where she watches people killing walkers, but then in her eyes, those walkers turned back into humans while being killed. Very strange and there is probably a good reason for her seeing walkers in this way.

She gets up, off the cart and flees the scene. She wasn’t chased by anyone. She got up after the fall and fled the scene of the battle. Seems she wasn’t sure she was sane any longer. She got herself surrounded by walkers, but the Kingdom guys/knights arrived to save her. However, she started seeing them killing not walkers but people they were before. She stopped at the house we will see her going into at the end of the episode.She received medical treatment but we don’t see much of that. When transporting her, one of the Kingdom guys said (I assume to Morgan) “It’s not much further. We have people that can patch her up"

Carol is not instantly healed from getting shot and initially sleeps a lot, 2-3 days even. Morgan watches over her even if she doesn’t want him to. She tries putting on an act again but Ezekiel doesn’t stay fooled for long. Her mind is difficult to figure out because it’s not always clear if she is acting or trying to deal with the trauma. She seems almost afraid of her mind because she saw walkers as humans. 

She is in a wheelchair but her injuries aren’t treated as a big deal. Morgan pushes her around the place whether she likes it or not. She doesn’t like him very much but she will by the end. Not in a romance way. Like a friend but that might be a stretch too. or at best, someone she respects. As for romance between Carol and Morgan or Ezekiel that is A big NO! Carol started to respect Morgan but that is all. And she doesn’t even seem to see Ezekiel as a man.

Kingdom is kind of like Woodbury, only the people in Kingdom grow their own food and have animals, including the pigs seen in the videos. We don’t see who greets them upon entering Kingdom, but Ezekiel welcomed Carol to the Kingdom when she went to see him and likely Morgan earlier. The pigs are feral hogs who have been feeding on walkers in the woods but captured and domesticated, will be given to The Saviours as part of The Kingdom’s due tribute under the Negan rule.

Carol doesn’t know about The Saviours specifically yet.Saviours come to collect tribute, but they don’t come into the Kingdom. They meet Ezekiel outside. They take pigs that Kingdom grows and in turn they leave them alone, because they also work for Negan., Saviors are not interacting with Kingdom people except with party that gives them the tribute, but some of them use the opportunity to bully members of the Kingdom party. Like this asshole who is full of issues started to beat one of the Kingdom guys because he knew they will not be able to defend themselves.

Carol doesn’t make friends with anyone in the Kingdom in this episode. She is not interacting with anyone apart from Ezekiel and Morgan.

Carol meets Ezekiel after she woke up after they brought her to the village. She slept for two-three days first though. Morgan takes her to see him from the video clip. As soon as Morgan tells her he is called King Ezekiel, Carol thinks he is ridiculous, seeming to even feel some hostility towards him.Carol does put an act as if all was ok with her. She doesn’t say much to Ezekiel though. Ezekiel already knows her name, presumably from Morgan.

Ezekiel is strange and we meet Shiva the moment Carol is brought before Ezekiel. That’s his “pet”. Carol thinks Ezekiel is strange or an idiot too, but tries to pretend like he is great. That part is an obvious act for her.

They have a long conversation, or rather Ezekiel gives a long monologue to Carol which helps her understand how the “King” and The Kingdom operate in the ZA. Carol listens and responds but she is acting once again. He tells her she can leave and not leave or stay not stay (language context is difficult here) – (that is stay in a small house within the Kingdom but stay away from the rest of the group.) The Kingdom either has a choir which must be listened to or the music is incredible hahaha.

Carol is not impressed with King Ezekiel or The Kingdom. Ezekiel asked her what she thinks about the Kingdom and the King, to what she replied. “It’s amazing. You’re amazing. Sheba is amazing. I would be speechless if I wasn’t already speaking. I don’t know what’s going on in the most wonderful way!” just as heard in the trailer. Not painkillers, just Carol! All said with that silly grin on her face. She is putting on an act, but really thinks Ezekiel and his people are a joke. And she actually says that to Morgan, lol. Carol deserves an Oscar!

Morgan genuinely seems to want to protect Carol from whatever might happen. At first, Carol wants to leave because she thinks them all fools & that she would be safer on her own. She tells Morgan she will leave and that he can’t do anything about it. She thinks The Kingdom is a circus occupied by folks who drank too much Kool-ade.

Carol doesn’t mention at all anyone from the group.Carol actually says to Morgan “It’s good that we’re here (meaning they came to the Creepy house). Morgan asks "How’s that” And Carol replies “Ten more minutes and I might start to regret all the times I tried to shoot and stab you”.To which Morgan replies “I think you’re my favourite person I ever knocked out. Definitely top two or three.”.

When the Saviours come to take the pig and beat up Kingdom residents, Carol decides to leave on her own, but gets caught by King Ezekiel as she tries to slip away and steals some apples to take with her. It is almost funny. He tells her she can leave but not leave or stay but not stay (context again). At the end of the episode, Ezekiel tells her “don’t bullshit the bullshitter:” Which means he has seen what she’s trying to do and seen through her acting.​

2. LavenderNight

LavenderNight Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I'm not gonna lie, the way they wrote the whole thing made my head hurt a little.

3. Silas

Silas Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Same. ^^

And okay I knew Carol wouldn't wake up in The Kingdom in a perfect mental state... but I was hoping they'd let go of the "acting Carol" thing. I just want some genuine stuff. Sounds like this episode does jack and shit to heal her. I knew it wouldn't happen over night cuz ya know...spoilers, but geeze. Carol needs to stop roleplaying, mmkay.

4. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm glad Morgan and Carol reach a respect in this episode. Good thing they're not dragging out some sort of antagonism.

The person who wrote this said English isn't their first language.

5. Silas

Silas Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Well, now I feel like crap. Take back my previous "same".

Respect is good. Still sad Corgan stands no chance.

Richonne4Lyfe and Doctor Grimes like this.
  6. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    This was so much but all I got was there was no Corgan or no Carol/Zeke. It seems like a Carol heavy episode and another man is still catering to Carol but WHO EFFING CARES!!! No Corgan or no Carol/Zeke.

Best episode ever in S7 so far

7. LavenderNight

LavenderNight Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Ok then, that makes sense.

I'm really looking forward to Zeke.

#7 LavenderNight, Oct 26, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    Richonne4Lyfe and Doctor Grimes like this.
  8. Mrsthicke

Mrsthicke Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
  9. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Hallelujah to :jesus:

:lol: I am greatly looking forward to Zeke and his feline friend.

10. Chaos

Chaos Richonne 2KForever
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    No offense but this is a long ass summary. They know the whole goddamn episode. It's like whenever we get a Carol episode they know every little detail about what happens....

11. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Is everyone off their rocker? This exchange sounds hilarious. :lol:

12. Kordas

Kordas Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    The person writing it seemed to focus almost completely on Carol. We don't get anything about Morgan mentoring Benjamin in this summary.

13. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think I am the only one looking forward to this. Glad Morgan and Carol come to a somewhat understanding. And yeah to no Corgan.

wonderwoman likes this.
  14. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    That's cus "Carol deserves and Oscar!" *side eye*

Navy&Cream, vinivre and LavenderNight like this.
  15. Mousey

Mousey Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Yeah, even if ESL is the case here, this summary is a rough read. As our faves are wont to say though, shit happens. :notlooking:

I'm so excited to see the episode nonetheless. It's still a little scant on information about Ezekiel for my taste, but since I didn't really think their 701 summary "matched up" well to my interpretation of the episode, my hopes remain high and outlook is still positive about what's coming our way. That last line especially has me excited. Carol is officially absorbing Michonne's role in this storyline, something we suspected but now is basically confirmed, so it'll be really interesting to see how far that goes this season.

Hype for some Corgan bonding too because they're amazing in every scene together. I'm still on the train that Morgan can help Carol heal emotionally and rejoin their friends, and this seems to fall right in line.

16. Harshmallow

Harshmallow Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Yep.

lanielove, tuswig and richonnelove like this.
  17. Richonne4Lyfe

Richonne4Lyfe Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    The episode sounds funny :lol:

Deep_Ricking likes this.
  18. balladsinthebluegrass

balladsinthebluegrass Hold to things that are bright.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Is this a 90-minute episode?

Richonne4Lyfe likes this.
  19. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    I hope not. I was maybe excited about Corgan but now I realize I just wanted something exciting to happen to them both. Now I'm not that excited to see them again. But I am excited to see what the Kingdom is all about so I'll try to think positive.

20. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    I really wanna see TF again after the premiere. I was ok with a wait before but now I feel it's stupid.