1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Spoilers Summary for 7.02 from TWD Zone

Discussion in '7x02: The Well' started by Doctor Grimes, Oct 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I love how people bitch about the episode before it even happens. SMH

Rickscolt likes this.
  2. zahira

zahira Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    i think carol is a goner i don't know why, but the episode sounds interesting after all

3. Cherish

Cherish Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
    Episode sounds boring. Probably wont watch it.

4. rlsatk

rlsatk Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    Morgan's “I think you’re my favourite person I ever knocked out. Definitely top two or three.” to Carol seems a little cheeky/flirty to me. Will depend on Lennie's delivery.

tuswig, Mousey and MamaGrimes like this.
  5. lanielove

lanielove Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    This Sunday maybe a good time for me to catch up on WestWorld and Insecure, Lol.

6. thepuma21

thepuma21 Babysitting Judith
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    To be fair I think it's to do with how the person wrote this. I'm not a Carol fan but I don't mind watching her most of the time. This summary makes her sound like a know it all and that's never good.
    I'll watch it to see fresh new faces.

watermelonsmiles and lovingdead like this.
  7. walkinggirl26

walkinggirl26 Rick's Right-Hand Woman
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    That part is not playing particularly well among Carol fans. Have seen some not too pleased comments. They'll never forgive Morgan for that even though Carol was trying to kill him and he was just defending himself. It will be interesting how Corgan plays out and whether they become friends or more. Shades of Rick grabbing Michonne's bullet wound and Daryl calling Carol a stupid b*tch, and those are the two biggest ships in the TWD fandom. So we'll have to wait and see, but if anyone can pull it off, it would be MMB and LJ.

8. rlsatk

rlsatk Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    Still? He's the reason she's still alive. He took another human life for her and still he's not forgiven? It's pretty clear she's forgiven him “Ten more minutes and I might start to regret all the times I tried to shoot and stab you”, that seems like an apology in a very round about way. Yeah, lets see how it plays out, it's interesting that both these men, Morgan & Zeke, saw through her act right away.

9. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    Pretty sure Carol fans will never forgive Morgan. Like... ever. Le sigh.

rlsatk, tuswig and Lolololove3 like this.
  10. Eilis

Eilis Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    Well, technically she was trying to kill the Wolf.

Here's why I don't like it. Gimple doesn't seem to understand the mentality of DV survivors. While Carol is far from the woman she once was when she was with Ed, she's still a former DV victim and having her laugh off a physical fight is a red flag to me. How many times has she made excuses for past attacks? I know Gimple is using this as a way to brush off what happened and have the characters get past it, but to have her make excuses almost reverts her back into that woman she was. It would've made more sense for them to have a discussion about it and apologize to each other without trying to argue who was right vs "lol sorry I tried to stab you/lol sorry I gave you the Rock Bottom" It just comes off in poor taste.

Flame, winter, Tisha Grimes and 4 others like this.
  11. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I would prefer for them to have an actual conversation about it as well - not a joke. But I guess this a way of sweeping it under the rug. I never blamed Morgan for attacking Carol since I understood why he did it (losing control + defending himself), but Carol feeling some kind of way over it is human as hell, especially given her history.

As for everything else, I am looking forward to the episode! It'll be nice to Carol and Morgan again. Ezekiel sounds great -- and SHIVA!!

12. Eilis

Eilis Den Mother

Walker Pets:
    And that's the thing. There will be some Carol fans that will never forgive Morgan, but I think many want to. I want to, I loved him prior to his S6 story. I just don't think Gimple ever gave two thoughts to how abuse survivors operate. He wasted so many opportunities in S6 with what could've been development, not just for Carol, but for Daryl and even Jessie to do something other than be an annoying speed bump on the path to Richonne.

13. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I don't think Morgan needs to be forgiven for defending himself, but I think he and Carol need to have a conversation about what happened for sure.

Gimple has dropped the ball with quite a number of different story arcs for reasons beyond my comprehension. The Anderson family would've served much better being tied with Carol and Daryl's story than Rick's. Sometimes I just shake my head in abject confusion at his choices.

Ebonymiss, vinivre, winter and 5 others like this.
  14. Belle

Belle Perpetual notion machine - what if...
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I appreciate the summary, but it doesn't get me excited about the show. I hope it's better than it sounds. I like Carol well enough, but watching her pretend to be harmless...again...is starting to feel stale.

vinivre, watermelonsmiles and zahira like this.
  15. zahira

zahira Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    same

lovingdead likes this.
  16. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Yeah, I don't get that attitude either.

Tisha Grimes likes this.
  17. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    We get to see a freaking Tiger! Come on people!

18. Mousey

Mousey Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Even if Carol's playing possum again, at least this is definitively the end of it. She's called out by Ezekiel and Morgan knows the truth, so there's no one left she has to put on the act for. It's a turning point for her, meaning a new direction, and not just more of the same.

19. Nerdgasm

Nerdgasm Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    Yeah see, I fell for those Corgan episodes last time, I won't be fooled again. I had enough last season of the shenanigans. So I'll give it a pass and maybe read a review or two.

tuswig likes this.
  20. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I get it. It is because it is Carol. If it was any other character they would give it a chance before complaining about it. I watch every episode regardless who is in it. I may only watch it once but I at least give it a chance. And usually I can go into an episode thinking oh I don't like the characters in it but 9 times out of 10 I enjoy it.