1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Spoilers Summary for 7.03 from TWD Zone

Discussion in '7x03: The Cell' started by anya7890, Nov 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I truly believe they had Negan take Daryl instead of one of the ladies because they didn't want to "go there."

2. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    In a way, I'm kind of glad they took away the ambiguity, but at the same time, :dale: to the whole scenario.

3. Denie39

Denie39 Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    It all sounds incredibly awful. I didn't think I could hate Negan more.

4. Jessica

Jessica Slopping Pigs
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    AMC, what are you doing to Negan and Dwight. Stop it.

Canuckgirl likes this.
  5. balladsinthebluegrass

balladsinthebluegrass Hold to things that are bright.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    If Negan had said, "Here's what you gotta do, and if you don't like it, hit the road," that's one thing. It doesn't make him a swell guy, but at least there are options. As it is? He's a rapist, all right.

Gekari, Katbird, richonnelove and 3 others like this.
  6. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Holy ickfest Batman. :dale:

To be honest, I was on the fence on watching this live due to the focus of the episode but based on this summary (which may or may not be accurate based on last week's mis-interpretation of Carzekial) I will be watching. It would both please me (as someone who wants Negan dead) and confound me (Negan is AMC's darling) if they make Negan a pure villain with no shades of gray this early on. He's going down the Ramsay path when he should be going down the Jaime path (GoT references) in order to keep the fangirls and boys swooning.

This is going to be very very interesting and I can't wait to hear the rationalizations if this plot summary plays out the way it's written!

#46 MamaGrimes, Nov 3, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  7. Armte

Armte Schadenfreude is my Aesthetic
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Outskirts of Atlanta hunting down 712 footage
    Custom Banner
    Oh mama I am sure that the Negan storyline will follow Gimple/AMC standard writing pattern (they are horrible at character development over seasons). Negan will continue to be a tyrant asshole right before the point in the story where Rick finally gets the upper hand. Then the Negan redemption arc begins, "oh look Negan does have a heart, the ZA changed him, it could happen to anyone" arc. :dale:

8. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Since this is a bottled DD episode I don't mind it being spoiled.

Could it be the reason Dwight runs back to Negan is because he saw what TF is capable of and he would rather takes his chances with the devil he already knows?

What if after taking Daryl's bike Dwight comes upon the carnage of the RPG'd moto gang? I'm 98% sure that Dwight was at the Satellite compound when TF attacked it that is why Daryl's bike was there (see the post).

What if, it was TF all along that has kept Dwight with Negan????

9. lanielove

lanielove Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I've been saying this all along. In the comics Negan is still alive however but it is a comic. There's a lot of freedom that can not be used in a live actions show. In real life (in the show) I can't imagine a situation where (if given the opportunity) Rick, Dwight, Daryl anyone who hates Negan would not kill Negan.

Although its not out right rape that Negan does in the comics, if he's a full blown rapist or a "give you shitty choices and women become apart of his harem" rapist either way he has to die.

In fact, I'll be hella pissed if it turns out that Negan is a rapist and Rick doesn't kill him. Rick wanted to kill porch dick way before he killed Reg so...

10. lanielove

lanielove Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    It better not, Lol

11. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Negan runs his organization like the mafia and in the mafia, once you are in, you can't get out, unless in a casket. However, the women who join the organization are quite content to be a part of it as long as they benefit (and let's not act like some women do not like the whole gangster lifestyle). Considering how rough life is in the ZA, you have little choices, if I am weak, I would choose to give myself to Negan, even if I still love my husband/boyfriend. I think that is how you should read this summary. I have a feeling either Sherry decided to give up Dwight, no matter how much he loved him, for an easier life for both of them, akin to a sacrifice. Seriously, I would hate for Gimple to make Negan a irredeemable character, going completely against the comic book sources

12. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I have a feeling Sherry gave herself to Negan for a better life not only for her, but for Dwight as well. Considering they ran away and were probably on Negan's shit list (the way he spoke to Dwight in the premiere indicates he doesn't quite trust him), it would be within the realm to believe she was a reluctant participant. Again, until I see the episode, I would not jump to conclusion, especially considering the precedence

Susannah Dean likes this.
  13. Mousey

Mousey Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    It's really tricky because like I was made to see last night, at minimum Negan was cool with making Tina his wife (assuming it was her they were after and not Sherry because of some janky plot magic they want to pull to absolve Negan), which I do agree would've been coercive rape had they stayed and/or gone back. The exploitation of her illness makes it extremely black and white.

On Sherry, I always also thought she was going to offer herself as a bargaining chip to soften Dwight's punishment. It's not the only scenario, but it's the most likely one right now, imo. (The other one is the comic scenario where she accepted Negan's offer and still slept with Dwight afterward, which led to his face ironing ... but Sherry seems to love Dwight more in the TV version. Poor comic Dwight, lol.)
    At this point I just hope they'll be crystal freaking clear about the women and their circumstances, but it's TWD, so... :ugh:

I do wonder one thing, though. If Negan is going to be written as an utter control freak who's obsessed about his people leaving him to this degree, why the hell does he have outposts where he can't actively control his people? It's deeply at odds with this characterization.

14. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Perhaps he has lieutenants or people who he trusts to monitor the outposts.

15. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    If I remember, in the comics, the outposts were populated with some of the worst Saviors who could not live with the rest of the gen population and could be seen as very much like Negan in personality, but I agree with you, how could he enforce this rule if he isn't able to do so physically. Again, I take this summary with a grain of salt and might have been written by a Daryl fan who is peeved by her fave's treatment

balladsinthebluegrass likes this.
  16. Misty Knight

Patron

Walker Pets:
    As a fan of COMIC Negan, these spoilers are hella disappointing and it's not even just the implied rape. Negan's characterization is different, it's like Gimple only bothered to get the surface right and the rest is just his attempt at making Negan the worse of the worst. And I agree, there is NO WAY Negan should be kept alive, hell the sooner he dies the better. Thanks Gimple :|

17. Mousey

Mousey Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    We don't know where Simon hangs his hat, do we? He's not in this episode either, which means he may or may not actually live at the Sanctuary (the other option is he's out laying siege to the Hilltop while the events of 703 are going on -- also viable depending on how long we're at the Sanctuary). I could absolutely see Simon heading an outpost. And we know Dwight wasn't loyal, or at least has to earn his way back into the keep, which is probably why he's at their HQ now being closely monitored. He could have only escaped before with them NOT living at the HQ, so yeah. Yikes.

coffeebean, Denie39 and Doctor Grimes like this.
  18. rlsatk

rlsatk Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    here's hoping.
    [​IMG]

19. Denie39

Denie39 Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Hope it's not too off-topic, but I never bought Negan's turn around in the comics either. From what I've read, he was essentially like "Oh, my bad I didn't know being a murdering maniac was wrong". Falls way flat to me. Is my impression wrong?

20. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    The only thing that keeps me wondering about him living is Morgan's cell... unless they're only putting Dwight in it, but... IDT I've read about that happening like AT ALL sooooooooooo idk