1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion/Meta Tara is going to be hurting when she finds out everything...

Discussion in 'Tara / Alanna Masterson' started by Ash Lee Can, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Ash Lee Can

Ash Lee Can Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    That is if she ever makes it back...

She left straight from the compound with Heath right before they found Maggie and Carol were kidnapped to go on their 2 week run. They didn't even go back to Alexandria. They thought it was over...

In that time, her girlfriend Denise was murdered. Tara had asked Denise to come with her on the run, but se couldn't even though she wanted to...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The Saviors and Negan (who she thought they got rid of) are terrorizing Team Family and now Alexandria is under new management...
    [​IMG]

Big Brother Abraham has been brutally murdered...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As well as Glenn, her dear friend, her savior (no pun intended) and her guide...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Their goodbye...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I truly hope they don't gloss over this. I know a lot of fans don't care or indifferent to Tara but I love her and it showcase her character. She's already lost her whole family and saw them die, another girlfriend, she didn't want to do the Savior attack because it reminded her of The Governor (but did it anyways both times for her family). Not to mention she going to be going through whatever the hell it is she's going to be going through on her run with Heath. If he dies, that just going to be another fucked up thing for to deal with all at once. The new Cinnamon Roll is about to go through some shit when she gets back home. If she gets back home...

2. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer

Walker Pets:
    While I am not the biggest Tara fan, it should not be overlooked that she lost 3 loved ones while away. That would be a pretty devastating blow for anyone. I would not be surprised if she ends up joining Maggie at The Hilltop.

Katbird and Ash Lee Can like this.
  3. Denie39

Denie39 Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    WOW. I did not think of this. She was very close to Glenn, Abe and of course Denise. I hope they don't gloss over this either.

4. Denie39

Denie39 Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    JESUS, that gif of her hugging Glenn, I'm about to cry.

5. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I feel so bad for her.

Katbird and Ash Lee Can like this.
  6. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yup, I don't wanna see this conveniently pushed under the rug.

7. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm no Tara stan but it's awful and I do want to see it handled well. I really can't fathom how she's going to find out. Who gets to be the bearer of bad news? I mean telling someone that they've lost a loved one is hard enough but telling someone they've lost THREE!?! :omg:

Jimmy, tuswig, Gooey Goobert and 2 others like this.
  8. Ash Lee Can

Walker Pets:
    I was wondering too. I thought maybe Michonne, since she's one of the leaders will probably sit her down and tell it to her. Rosita since that's pretty of her best friend much her best friend (I don't even think Tara knew about the Rosita/Abe break up since it happened right before the Savior attack and she left right after). Maggie since they were close as well. Eugene would awkward, painful, and painfully awkward...

I had another possible theory that Tara may get kidnapped by the Saviors, ends up being brought back to Negan (for recruitment or whatever since they probably don't know she's apart of ASZ). She runs into Daryl and it's Daryl that has to explain to her what happened (he was there when Denise died and was the cause of Glenn's death)...

I feel bad for the Cinnamon Roll. She's been through a lot already and it actually give the character something to work with and some development (her and Rosita are underused despite being around since season 4). Also I want a queer character named Tara to actually live. They have a tendency to get killed for some reason lol...

Katbird likes this.
  9. AbsoluteTrash

AbsoluteTrash Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Dude...she woke up from being passed out and found out Noah died. Awful things happen when she isn't there (physically and/or mentally). I hope the writers address this. This is some serious emotional baggage. I hope they don't gloss over this.

10. Ash Lee Can

Walker Pets:
    I don't know how I forgot about that one with Noah (they were buddies too)...
    [​IMG]
    Couldn't find a gif of her goofing and trying to get the 411 on Holly from him. Or when she asks for him when she wakes up...

Not to mention she's the most accident prone person in the Apocalypse...
    [​IMG]

Damn. This girl really has been through some shit. For her to still have the personality that she has is a miracle because I'd be jaded as hell if I've been through all she has. She's a lot stronger than I guess us fans of the show realize. I hope they showcase her more, especially with this. Since Glenn's gone, she's the only true cinnamon roll left...

#10 Ash Lee Can, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  11. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I would not want to be in her place. The thought of finding out your loved ones were brutally murdered would have drove me to the brink.

Katbird, box5angel, tuswig and 2 others like this.
  12. box5angel

box5angel The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I like Tara. She's my second fave behind Michonne.

Goodness, I wouldn't want to be the bearer of that news. And who knows if Heath is still alive or not. If she lost him during her run, and then to go home to find out your girlfriend, best friend, and close friend were all murdered and by the same group (whether same group doesn't really matter, just thought I'd mention it), that will be devastating news.

Ash Lee Can likes this.
  13. Kordas

Kordas Den Mother
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Not only that but she's gonna get back and find not only Denise, Glenn and Abe missing, but also Sasha, Maggie, Morgan, Carol, Daryl and Carl.
    She's gonna be like
    [​IMG]

Denie39 and Doctor Grimes like this.
  14. LunaFall

LunaFall Nabila went all Hershel on us
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I agree that this is something that needs to be addressed. Tara's not my fave, but she's ~ okay by me.
    Seeing as how close she was with these characters, I would be upset if she is forgotten in all of this.

I wonder if Rosita and Eugene are going to tell her... :(

Katbird likes this.
  15. richonneromance

richonneromance Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    It's definitely going to be addressed, they wouldn't give her supply run an entire centric episode then skip over a HUGE emotional setback/trauma like this devastating amount of loss. I don't know how they'll approach it. I would've said for Maggie to tell her like she did with Noah but Maggie probably won't be at ASZ when Tara gets back...

Interesting that four characters are currently unaware of the deaths/new leadership situation: Carol, Morgan, Tara, Heath.

Why intentionally exclude four characters from the main narrative and what significance will their reintroduction have?

Katbird likes this.
  16. Ash Lee Can

Walker Pets:
    I wouldn't be surprised if Tara ends up becoming a Savior by accident. Like she captured and joins the Saviors out of survival since she can't go back home only to find out what happened by Daryl, Negan and being sent to as a worker bee to retrieve stuff from ASZ or Hilltop. That would be fucked up...

17. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I wanted to read this thread because of the thoughts everyone has posted here. Poor Tara, everyone she had a bond with, except Rosita and Eugene...gone, Maggie at Hilltop. I was thinking about her friendship with Noah, which I will never be over, too. Glenn, Abe, Noah, and Denise. Too sad.

Denie39 likes this.
  18. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I just stumbled on this thread and I gotta say, I am really disappointed in Tara's reaction to Denise. I thought that there would be more of a reaction when she found out about Denise, a show of sadness, tears perhaps?? Lol Honestly, Daryl was more sad about Denise dying than Tara in my opinion.

19. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    They really missed the ball on how impactful Tara coming back could have been. Nobody else had come home ignorant of what has transpired. To see her witness and react to the new ASZ should have been way more compelling. Three deaths, a subjugated leader and a new regime in charge is huge. We didn't even see much reaction to Heath disappearing either. Very disappointing.

Denie39, Katbird and sharky like this.
  20. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Do you think it was supposed to come off as trauma? I know they have all experienced so much loss, and they have come to accept that losing loved ones is their day-to-day reality. But, it seemed so unrealistic. I mean, that's why Team Family is different. They love each other, are a family. I kept thinking: "Okay...what gives?"

Denie39 and lovingdead like this.