1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

The Anderson Family...In Retrospect

Discussion in 'Alexandria Safe Zone' started by tuswig, Apr 8, 2016.

1. MrsG

MrsG Ricktator

Walker Pets:

2. TexasZAgal

TexasZAgal Ricktator
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Andy's look says it all, he hated this arc as much as the rest of us did.

3. Allie

Allie Wearing a Necklace of Ears
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Brilliant post!!!! I know about domestic abuse too and said the exact same thing. The situations are different with domestic abuse, but the traits that the abused exhibit are mostly the same. At the very least, you are AFAID of the person abusing you (physically or emotionally).

That actress played NONE of that. Her "vagina was open for vacancy" the moment Rick opened that door. There was nothing else that actress played, except that she wanted that leading lady spot. It was all about hitching those coattails to "Rick's character"--not her boys or being a mother, not her husband, not her being strong...just Rick. It's completely backed up, by everything she's ever said. I'm all about the receipts.

UGH!!! I really want to finish answering this, but I'm at work right now. Boo Hoo. I'll finish responding to this post later.

tuswig and box5angel like this.
  4. balladsinthebluegrass

balladsinthebluegrass Hold to things that are bright.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Reading back through this thread because of recent posts.
    This would have been perfect because that is exactly what she acted like: a mostly disinterested distant relative who was forced to feed and shelter these kids. :dale:

tuswig and Jessica like this.
  5. La Petite Boleyn

La Petite Boleyn Wearing a Necklace of Ears

Walker Pets:
    Jessie was a stupid, one-dimensional character that always had a constipated look. She was bored and annoying to watch, but my main problem with this storyline was Rick. I love Rick, but I can't stand him in the episodes where he was near Jessie, especially in 5b :ugh:, he was so out of character. Rick was acting like a creepy stalker and he was making lunatic decisions for someone that just had met like 5 minutes ago.

I was extremely disappointed. And I'm saying all this without my :richonne: shipper glasses.

I only felt pity for Sam and Ron.

tuswig and LunaFall like this.
  6. Lolololove3

Lolololove3 Eating 112 oz. of Pudding

Walker Pets:
    That family was fucking awful. Every last one of them. Glad they're gone.

MrsG and Walker27 like this.
  7. Mischonne

Mischonne Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    I totally agree. It made more sense for Carol to be Jessie's confidant and champion when it came to this Abusive husband . Instead we have Carol egging Rick on to get rid of Pete. In hindsight I think to myself Carol why don't you do it yourself.
    Also I thought Ron's character was the most interesting. I got his anger I understood why he resented Rick and Carl . I thought the actor did a really good job.

I felt sorry for Sam. Jesse seem to be so annoyed with him.

#67 Mischonne, Oct 23, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    lovingdead and MrsG like this.
  8. MrsG

MrsG Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I thought the same thing. I'm like "really Carol?" You kill 'em yourself since you're so good at it. Don't be trying to get Rick to do your bidding. He's had enough women playing with his head to last him a lifetime. :rant:

tuswig and Mischonne like this.
  9. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Very true. The character of Jessie would have worked better as aunt or even step mom to Ron and Sam; she wasn't very believable as their actual mother.

10. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    AB as Jessie was very bland and basic. There are so many beautiful women on this show yet the fanboys went wild over this character and I'm still not sure why.

vinivre likes this.
  11. TexasZAgal

TexasZAgal Ricktator
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    One thing I noticed in rewatching the episodes is when you watch the interaction between Rick and Jessie, there are no longing looks, no elevator looks from Rick at all. While we hated this arc, you can see that Andy did also.

Poor Sam was a mess, in watching him in that scene with the ants all over his room, makes you wonder if Jessie ever went in his room.

tuswig and MrsG like this.