1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

The Archer: Daryl Dixon Appreciation Post

Discussion in 'Daryl / Norman Reedus' started by Butler36, Jan 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  2. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I am really proud of Daryl, he is so strong. Negan will not break him.

I keep thinking about when Deanna told Michonne "some day this pain will be useful to you." I think that can be said for Daryl as well. The pain he suffered from childhood abuse has almost allowed him to withstand what the saviors are doing because honestly he's been through worse. He will get through this and come out of it all more powerful than ever before.

Rickdickulous Trash and Katbird like this.
  3. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think is past is what is getting him through all of this. I am not sure if the others could make it out the other side of it.

4. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Me too! That upset me so bad...one of many reasons he couldn't ask Negan to let him stay. Now, he thinks Maggie and the baby are dead, the last oif Hershel, gone!! Omg. What is he going to be thinking? That he deserves to suffer. He thinks he started it all by killing those guys on the road. I am very worried about where this is going.

#304 Katbird, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    Denie39 likes this.
  5. Katbird

Walker Pets:
    That quote applies to all of them. The things they have suffered in the past, is going to be Negan's undoing. Each member of that family has a history that will play out with this crazy ass Negan. Daryl and Rick most of all. Daryl having already lived that pain, is, I hope, going to keep him strong. So that he can help himself, so he can help his family. He needs them, and, God knows they need him. (But, now he (Negan) has that video of all them...that scares the sh*tbout of me!)

6. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  7. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I am looking forward to seeing what the rest of the season has in store for Daryl.

Atributetoorange, MrsG and Katbird like this.
  8. Katbird

Walker Pets:
    Am I the only one who is just a little bit scared? I'm worried sick, actually. I don't like him being separated from the rest of them. It may be too much for him. Negan bringing him to Alexandria...why? To let him see, show him that Rick, his leader, his Captain is broken? I feel so antsy about that situation in particular. It worries me...I can't stop thinking about it.

#308 Katbird, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    Tisha Grimes likes this.
  9. Katbird

Walker Pets:
    I tried not to post, but had to. I had to think aout my thinking, lol. After this lastest episode and the ASZ episode and the episode seeing poor Daryl being subjected to psychological torment/pain, which is far worse, especially for him, than physical pain, I am beginning to get an inkling of where Daryl as a character may be. He was bowed, submissive when they brought him to Alexandria. Showing him Rick was broken, so why resist. And, showing Rick that they have him cowed, docile. He wouldn't ask, beg. Just like Merle told the Gov.: 'I ain't gonna beg you!". The most important thing, and he took it back to the Sanctuary with him: Rick asked if he could stay, Rick was willing to ask, beg,( any asking is "begging" to people like Daryl) to get him back home. That is a big thing to a man like Daryl. That is an important thing to Team Family: each one fights for and is willing to die to protect the others. We have to remember that Rick claimed Daryl as his brother...now comes the time to see which brother he will hold to. He will never lose/forget his biological brother, but, now he has to truly be Rick's brother and hold to, live this new way. It is so deep, I get chills. Daryl has to join the future, be shaped by his past but not in a "cell" held captive by his past. ("Stone walls and iron bars do not a prison make." In so many ways he was/has always been in a "cell.") Negan can be his new Merle, more connective narrative to this last episode...a familiar and comfortable position for him, and, and he can think of this self he was becoming as the blip, the actual temporary situation, and that now he is back to how things always go for him. Or, or he can hold with this new brother and be his true self, the Daryl he wants to be, not some faux Daryl who has to hide, bury his feelings---zombify himself. Then, we see the taking on of new roles by Maggie and Sasha and, Jesus, too. This is coming for Daryl, as well, I think. But his will be an inward change, a new mindset and new view of himself and the world. He doesn't deserve punishment or abuse. He can live, too...have an authentic life. I have a lot more thoughts, but will curtail them...for now anyway, haha. I was just missing some Daryl love, lol, and I don't mind providing it myself if I have to. I love him. So hit me back if you guys have any thought on my craazzy thoughts!!

Atributetoorange likes this.
  10. Riko813

Riko813 Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    I was going through some pics and images of Michonne and this pic was in the bunch and I thought Daryl looks really hot in this pic. I like his hair short like that and his arm is sexy and has the right amount of musculature.

[​IMG]

11. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I wonder if his hair will go back to this? I miss it kinda. I love his long hair but miss this too lol just some random thought :)

[​IMG]

zahira, MrsG, Denie39 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Atributetoorange

Atributetoorange Slopping Pigs

Walker Pets:
    At first I didn't like Daryl but he grow on me, and for a short period I actually shipped Daryl with Michonne (until of course, I saw the light that is Richonne). He is extremely flawed and at times I just want to shake him, but he has proven to be reasonable and kind-hearted.

If it wasn't the ZA, then he would be exactly like Merle. However, being surrounded by the undead makes people bypass racial/ethic/religionists/etc. differences and work on ways to survive and thrive together. He is still learning this lesson, but I feel like his open to it.

13. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

I LOVE Daryl Dixon for about a million reasons. He has more good in him then bad, people just don't want to admit it to themselves lol

14. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  15. MrsG

MrsG Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Poor Daryl. :(. He needs to be back with his family. Negan is an asshole! :thumbsdown::dearagony:

16. zahira

zahira Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    i miss that hair cut

Tisha Grimes likes this.
  17. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    SUNDAY!!!! ..... The Saviors better watch out when Daryl gets that key... the wrath of Dixon is coming XD

[​IMG]

Katbird, MrsG and zahira like this.
  18. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

Santa baby... I would climb on his lap and tell him what I want Lol :sneaky:

(Thank you so much for posting this!! We Dixon fans appreciate you @Tisha Grimes )

Katbird likes this.
  19. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I had to do it so he would look like a dirty dirty Santa. I want to sit in his lap and see what pops up!!!:banana::thumbsup:

MrsG and DixonGrimes like this.
  20. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    He would be holding a glass of whiskey of course he would LOL I love this photo so much :laugh:

Katbird and Tisha Grimes like this.