1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

The Archer: Daryl Dixon Appreciation Post

Discussion in 'Daryl / Norman Reedus' started by Butler36, Jan 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. DixonGrimes

DixonGrimes Good to see u again baby" Norman R said to ME 10/2
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    When people think Daryl is a useless character.... just gonna leave this here Lol :laugh:

[​IMG]

2. MrsG

MrsG Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Easy, girl. I think you would wear his ass out! LOL! :dragon:

Rickdickulous Trash and Katbird like this.
  3. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I would sure try!!!

Rickdickulous Trash, Katbird and MrsG like this.
  4. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  5. MrsG

MrsG Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Well, well. @Tisha Grimes it looks like Santa wants to know if you've been naughty or nice. :cute:

6. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Naughty always naughty.

Rickdickulous Trash, Katbird and MrsG like this.
  7. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Oh, yea!! The fun kind of naughty! The kind that a man like Daryl Dixon would appreciate. I have a feeling, he's kinda naughty too.

Rickdickulous Trash likes this.
  8. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Oh yeah he is very naughty!!

9. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  10. Katbird

Walker Pets:
    I was noticing that Daryl just puts it on and off, goes numb. I think he goes into a kind of dormant(?) state. He accepts the way they're treating him in stride; it is so interesting to watch. It's like he keeps hidden, blends in; just like when he is in the woods hunting and tracking. We never saw much of him (Daryl) and Merle together. The way he is being treated by Negan/Dwight must be very similiar to how things worked with him and Merle. He saw Carl at the Santuary and was immediately showing signs of Daryl, the ZA badass, rather than pre-ZA Daryl. (And, is it just me, or did he somehow notice that Jesus was on top of the truck? I think I saw him looking up and reacting as if he sees something as Dwight was dragging him (Daryl) backward, then, Jesus was just gone.) I hope so; maybe that's who is helping him? Sherry would be risking a lot to help him. So maybe it's Jesus.

11. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think it was Jesus that helped him.

12. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

You are absolutely correct. When Daryl is at Sanctuary he goes into a state of mindset where he takes himself out of the situation by focusing on something entirely different than what is actually happening. This is common for abuse victims to do to be able to endure their violent treatments. When Carl showed up a switch went off in Daryl where he was went back into the protective mode that we know he is. People can say whatever bad they want about Daryl but he is the most loyal man on this entire show next to Rick and if they tried to hurt Carl, Daryl wouldn't have let it happen without a fight.

As far as who gave the key.... I think the show has made it look like it would be Sherry or Jesus. I do think Daryl sees Jesus or as I now call him Ninja Jesus on top of the truck lol....... But I think the person who gave the key is DWIGHT. I don't think Sherry would risk getting the motorcycle key for him nor would she know where to find it. Jesus wouldn't have enough time to get the key, get inside, know where Daryl's cell is to be able to slide the key under. Dwight on the other hand, would have the key with him, knows where Daryl's cell is to slide it under the door.

One thing is for certain... I am ready for Daryl Dixon to rise back to the top where he belongs XD

[​IMG]

13. Katbird

Walker Pets:
    Thank you for clearing that up for me. Duh! I didn't realize it was a key to his motorcycle...I kept thinking/wondering: "How can that key help him? He's locked inside. Maybe it is to a gate or something? A locker with guns?" Ohhh, it's the key to his motorcycle...lol. That makes sense that it is from Dwight. Dwight was unhappy and unsettled about that whole disgusting display Negan put on for/of him. A display for Daryl of the mess with him and Sherry and the torture incident, for Carl with the women and Daryl. (Not the Dwight/AA thread, sorry, but Negan does not miss an opportunity to taunt/humiliate Dwight...there must be more to their thing than what we know--the three of them taking the insulin and running. Negan just picks and picks...like he is kinda angry that Dwight only broke to save Sherry. And, that is very much like Daryl. Daryl all ready told Dwight he understood why. Negan would lose twice, really, if Daryl doesn't break, 'cause what happened with Dwight begging for Sherry's life, taking being maimed is really a loss. I don't think that Dwight expected Sherry to offer herself to save him...*Gift of the Magi*-type love, *sigh*.). Anyway, anyway, yeah, I know that survivors of abuse use survival skills/mechanisms to make it through each instance of abuse, poor Daryl, and it takes lots of work, and courage, to just begin to undo some of the damage caused by the abuse. (He is using that skill set with Negan and his goons.) And, a thousand times yes to him flipping on his "protection" switch. His body language changed. He is loyal to the end, he can't be any other way. It is who he is. He has a code. He is learning a lot with all the trauma from losing Glenn and Abraham. And, wow, when he sees that Maggie and that baby are alive...well, Negan better watch his a**. Glenn isn't there to protect Maggie and Baby Rhee, Daryl is going to think it is his job/duty to protect them/keep them safe. And, as long as Senor Psychopath is alive/in charge, they aren't. He heard what he (Negan) said at the ASZ about Maggie. No way that's happening. Not while he's breathing. I'm getting carried away, sorry. But, I second you on being ready for Daryl to rise again.

#333 Katbird, Dec 10, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  14. Katbird

Walker Pets:
    Oh, my. It has taken me two days to have coherent thoughts about the MSF.
    But, Daryl. He was so determined. He took the risk and got back to his people. He probably thought it was another trap, but he had to try. People think he is dumb, but he is a very smart guy. I was so impressed with what he did to escape. Someone helped him, but he had to do it, take the actual chance to run. So smart...getting rid of the clothes, eating that protein rich peanut butter...he made all the right moves. Cool head, no panic...just, "I need to get the hell outta here. My people need me.". Then, what he did to that Joey guy...I felt his anguish, Daryl is in a lot of pain. ( I want the pain to stop. Gosh, how much is enough for him? Maybe the creatives are finally ready to give him a break. Let him have a breakthrough. He needs a catharsis if he is to have a life, live a real life with all that comes with it: love, happiness, joy,grief, not just guilt and something other than pain, fear, anger, sadness.) Daryl wanted to do to him what Negan did to Glenn and Abe. I can't say it was the wrong choice, he had to. Of course, Joey would have told the others he was running, Daryl needed to get away. Not saying it was a good thing he did, but that was his best option. And, more important, it was a message to Negan, the rest of the Saviors. A clear message that won't be subject to misinterpretation. A taste of his own medicine, so to speak. I get it. Not glad about it, but I get it. And, that simple sentence. He called it exactly right. The Saviors have no line to toe. They prey on vulnerabilities and human weaknesses. Negan is transparent to Daryl. He reads people so well...sees subities that others don't, sighs others miss. It is amazing. Negan's bs is obvious to Daryl. And, I will not mention the reunion with Rick, their hug, all of them reuniting...giving Rick his Python. Too many feels, tears. I need more time. OMG, just, too much right now.

15. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I just wanted to take a moment to appreciate Daryl's arms..... :yum:

[​IMG]

16. Katbird

Walker Pets:
    Appreciate away...I think I'll join you, if you don't mind too much.
    Gahh! When Rick saw Daryl, when they hugged...and cried in each other's arms, ...then, Daryl gave Rick his Python...and, it was fully loaded. I was blubbering like an idiot, but, at the same time, my. heart. sang! The love Daryl has for Rick, the love Rick has for Daryl, just, so very special. The symbolism of that act is unmistakable, undeniable. Rick is Daryl's brother, his leader, his Captain. Daryl is Rick's brother, second, his lieutenant. They are even dressed alike...symbolism that takes their relationship to another level, puts them on a higher plane.

17. DixonGrimes

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

I cried my eyes out in that scene....like I full on cried lol. Rick is the brother to Daryl that Merle could never be. And Daryl is the best friend to Rick that Shane could never be. That hug in 7.8 was so amazing and for Daryl to be the one to give Rick his Colt back omg I was in my feelings Lol :hug:

18. Rickdickulous Trash

Rickdickulous Trash Bring me the Samurai...
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I love this pic with MICHONNE in the background...Both buff as hell..

Narna and Katbird like this.
  19. Rickdickulous Trash

Rickdickulous Trash Bring me the Samurai...
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    The 2 of them overwhelmed with their love for each other was precious as hell. And that look of pride in Daryl's face when he gave Rick the python... Priceless

Narna and Katbird like this.
  20. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner