1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

The Escape Master: Glenn Rhee Appreciation Post

Discussion in 'Glenn / Steven Yeun' started by Butler36, Jan 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ALDGRichonneLover

ALDGRichonneLover Ricktator
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I just love Glenn so freaking much! Uggh! He and Rick were two of my favorite characters right off the bat! When Glenn said "hey dumbass" to Rick while in the tank, he had me at hello! And then his "whoa, not dead" I was SMITTEN with this character and SY. The fact that he went out of his way to help save Rick from the walker, just endeared me to him immediately. I cannot even THINK about the LV in regards to Glenn, because after dumpster gate of "Thank You", I was a hot assed mess after viewing that travesty, so I KNOW I will lose my ish if it does happen to my Glenn for real. He has cheated death so many times, but this LV ridiculousness has me majorly worried about my baby. Add to it, his comic book death does happen, however, I just cannot imagine TF life without Glenn. He is part of the OG Atlanta five, so I am hoping the LV is one big fake out.

I love his love for TF and Maggie. I loved his progression from baseball hat wearing pizza delivery boy, to full on competent bad assed man, who yes, challenged Rick on many occassions and was the voice of reason. I adore his friendship with Rick, Daryl and especially his love and respect for Herschel. I was thrilled when Noah came aboard and just loved their budding friendship. He really took a liking to Noah and cared about him so much, and having him watch Noah die in such a horrific way, just GUTTED me!

SY really brings Glenn to life, which is why Glenn is one of my top faves along with Rick, Michonne and Carl. Plus, he is just plain beautiful to me. I need to leave this thread before I start crying..

2. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes

Walker Pets:
    I had a crush on Glenn from his first appearance and just loved his spirit. I've kind of avoided Glenn/Steve posts because every time I venture inside I get emotional. Such a beautiful character.

The Last Big Kat likes this.
  3. The Last Big Kat

The Last Big Kat Vengeance For The Plunderers
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm still a little boozy from the bar but anyways...let me tell u bout my son Glenn Rhee................................

GLENN RHEE - who started the show not thinking much of himself, risking his life to get necessary supplies for the quarry camp and saving clueless former coma patients from swarms of walkers; who needed to honor their dead friends by burying them, not burning them, and set a president for the rest of the show (side note: perhaps that's part of what eats at Carol about the Karen/David thing - she burned them, out of perceived necessity, but still it was seen as a "dishonorable" death rite for members of the group); who is also a lightweight like me....; who saw the pain Maggie felt in the loss of her family and asked her to tell him about them; who's low self-esteem was countered only by Maggie's love for him, and then he decided he better stay alive because he didn't want her to feel bad; who hated lying and didn't know shit about where to find a pregnancy test but still helped Lori and even gave her another option and some advice 'cause he could tell she was struggling; who went to help get Hershel from the bar cause "he's good like that;" who told Maggie he loved her after she thought she'd lost everything and offered to drive when she was too distressed to; who Dale expected would not support executing Randal, but thought it might be what was best for the group, even if he wasn't comfortable with it; who was blinded by his own feelings when the Governor sexually assaulted Maggie, but eventually listened to his girlfriend, apologized, and proposed to show her how much he cared about her (more than himself); who helped lead the prison after Rick backed down, and when he was sick, still helped others just like his father-in-law; who woke up alone in a destroyed home and found a girl who had been part of the group that had come to kill his family, and though he was tired and not very patient, and mostly just wanted to find his wife, he forgave her and trusted her to help him with his personal mission, and eventually would refuse to abandon her even if that might've meant his death and losing the chance to see Maggie ever again, and in doing so, made a great friend and brought her into his family; who punched Abraham in the face like a bunch of times because Abraham's a dick.....; who also punched that kid Aiden in the face because he sucks too; who spoke up to Rick and convinced him to let GREATM go to DC while everyone else waited to Carol and Daryl; who lost his way for a moment while the group was on the road and had just lost Beth; who spoke up to Rick again and convinced him to let Aaron and Eric spend the night together; who upon reaching the ASZ, realized Michonne was right and the road had almost swallowed them up; who reached out to Noah, the kid who had no one; who tried his best to save even a shitty asshole like Nicholas; who immediately after almost getting killed by a shitty asshole like Nicholas for the third time and laying under a dumpster for hours, went to go save a teenage girl, even though he hesitated, even though he knew it'd be easier just to go home, he still wanted to be the person Dale wanted him to be, the person Hershel wanted him to be, the person who saved people, who tried to find non-violent solutions, who had never killed anyone, like Tyreese and Andrea; who punched walkers to save his pregnant wife; who was willing to put aside everything he believed in - the things he thought made him Glenn Rhee - if it meant protecting his family, his community - who weighed the cost of his heart against the cost of all those things he cared about and without the heat of the moment to let adrenaline and survival instinct take the wheel, chose to kill to protect; who saw another person about to do the same, someone else who might suffer for killing someone, and chose to take that burden in their stead; who hugged his friends goodbye even though he needed someone to talk to about his experiences; who chased after a family member bent on revenge and realized the world wasn't what he thought it was, who knew that he had gotten as far as he had without killing anyone in part because he was lucky enough to meet and make a family out of these people, who knew as much as he'd saved these people, they'd saved him too; who knew they'd all saved eachother, but now he was feeling lost, and thought maybe they were all lost; who was kidnapped and shoved in a van for hours, and saw his pregnant wife looking ill and didn't know what was wrong... - is my son and I love him............................................. .. . . . ...

4. The Last Big Kat

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  5. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Ohhhh, this is a great parallel. Both of them have come a long way.

Katbird likes this.
  6. Katbird

Katbird Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    If. It. Is true...How can we go on without him?!?! ( I read these posts and cried. I will just pretend**fingers in ears--lalalalalala--not true, not true--lalalala**)

7. The Last Big Kat

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    They have. :')

And I realized after posting this prolly would've fit better in the Gleggie subforum. Guess I've got Glenn on the mind ahaha.

Katbird and Gooey Goobert like this.
  8. Ship Verse

Ship Verse Good Riddance 2016. 2017, Let's talk.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  9. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  10. ALDGRichonneLover

Patron

Walker Pets:
    F**k me, I am crying right now... Gleennnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!:(T_TT_TT_TT_T

Katbird and The Last Big Kat like this.
  11. The Last Big Kat

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  12. The Last Big Kat

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I thought I'd just get it out there that no matter what Steven Yeun says, Glenn loves pineapple on his pizza. In fact, it's the only topping he likes. Pineapple-only pizza. :gsmile:

forevermichonne likes this.
  13. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  14. LivingAsMe

LivingAsMe ~Rejecting Negativity, Embracing Positivity~
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I've ignored this section a good while now for reasons.[​IMG]

Pretty sure I'll be in here tomorrow. Until then, Glenn Rhee. [​IMG]

15. Jimmy

Jimmy Maggie and Michonne are soulmates.
    Staff Member Graphic Designer Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    "People you love, they made you who you are. They're still part of you. If you stop being you, that last bit of them that's still around inside, who you are. It's gone. My parents. A man named Dale, Maggie's father Hershel, a woman named Andrea, a man named Tyreese. Who are those people to you? And they're still here because you're still here."
    Goodbye, Glenn Rhee

16. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    This is beautiful, Govi. :andykiss:

Katbird and Jimmy like this.
  17. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    [​IMG]

Katbird and Jimmy like this.
  18. forevermichonne

forevermichonne Negan's crusty toes on Michonne's good carpet
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Glenn was the first character that I really toke to on TWD besides Rick. His humor, quick thinking, and compassion will be missed.

19. The Last Big Kat

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I don't know how I'm supposed to handle any of this bullshit without Glenn.

Katbird and forevermichonne like this.
  20. ALDGRichonneLover

Patron

Walker Pets:
    For REALS!! Not eeing that beautiful face weekly? Rough..

Katbird likes this.