1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion/Meta The Picnic Vision: Clever Foreshadowing or Just for Feels?

Discussion in 'Speculation' started by Doctor Grimes, Oct 26, 2016.

1. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yet another connection between fire and Daryl....hmmmm.....

2. Armte

Armte Schadenfreude is my Aesthetic

Walker Pets:
    Outskirts Atlanta hunting down 712 Director's Cut
    Custom Banner
    I think it could be Lily of the Valley, there are different versions of the plant.
    [​IMG]
    Seven Wonders
    1 . Convallaria majalis 'Fernwood's Golden Slippers' emerges bright yellow-green and holds its color throughout summer.
    2. 'Hardwick Hall' is a vigorous grower with chartreuse edges on the leaves.
    3. The broad deep-green foliage of 'Albomarginata' is edged with a white line.
    4. 'Albostriata' has white-streaked leaves and an open habit that shows off blooms.
    5. 'Rosea' produces pink-tinged flowers.
    6. 'Flore Pleno' is a robust grower with larger, double-bell flowers.
    7. The straight species, or pure version, is among the taller varieties, growing up to 10 inches.

Look at some of the Lily of the Valley traits, it sounds like the team family women.
    • Described as dainty, attractive, and exceedingly charming, yet surprisingly determined? Many gardeners would describe the diminutive lily of the valley as just such a character. Describes Negan and his underestimating of TF women.
    • this nearly deer-proof shade lover appears to be delicate in an old-fashioned way. But the pretty plant is also an intrepid wanderer, spreading readily and rapidly, and anyone who gardens in a small space will want to watch this perennial to make sure it stays in bounds. Deer-proof sounds like indestructible, along with wandering and unwillingness to stay in bounds. Hinting at the Team Family women (Negan perceiving them as dainty) all sneaking off and attacking the sanctuary - Rosita, Sasha and maybe Michonne.
    • where it thrives in shady nooks, lily of the valley is hard to match for its long blooming period during the growing season. Hints at longevity and stealth strategic attacks.

Lily of the Valley Symbolic meaning includes
    • The Lily of the Valley signifies the return of happiness. This sweet flower is one of the first flowers to bloom in the spring. The Lily of the Valley flower is the birth month flower for May. The second part of the Lily of the Valley’s scientific name, Convallaria Magalis, means “that which belongs to May”. These delicate flowers are seen as a good luck charm and bringer of happiness.
    • Lilies of the Valley flowers are often given as a gift to celebrate the birth of a new baby in some countries in the world. They are also ideal and have been used for centures in bridal bouqets as association with purity. YOU KNOW I HAD TO POINT THIS ONE OUT! Brides and Birth and those flowers are only on the RIchonne side of the table :lol:
    • In Christianity the Lily of the Valley flower is a symbol of both Christ and the Virgin Mary. It is often called the “Ladder to heaven” or “Jacob’s tears”, and is cosidered the sign of Christ’s second coming. According to a Christian legend, the tears of the Virgin Mary turned into Lilies of the Valley at the crucifixion of her son Jesus. That’s why sometimes these tiny flowers are called Mary’s tears.

3. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Watchtower Sniper
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Yes, Negan thinks he has effectively neutered Rick by killing the two who appear to be the strongest and taking the last man, leaving only a weak man (sorry Eugene), and a boy.

His failure to see women as anything other than sexual objects is going to be what leads to his ultimate downfall.

Negan thinks that he has just left Rick without anyone but defenseless women and children and that he won't be able to mount any counter attack because he'll need to protect them.

Can't wait to see his face when Maggie (or whoever) goes all Inigo Montoya on his ass! Prepare to die Negan!

4. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Well Well Well!!!

:flirt::yay::richonne:

walkinggirl26, richonnelove and Armte like this.
  5. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    [​IMG]

So what do you think this dried out, leafless, fruitless barren center piece means then?

6. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Looks like one of those boats they put bodies in and then light on fire.

I think it's just for candle holder.

7. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Another indication, in my mind, that Scott Gimple's hope for the end (?) of the series is Rick and Michonne get married and have children and create a community for their loved ones. May not happen, but I believe this is what Gimple (and Rick) wants.

Cousin Peaches and Armte like this.
  8. Richonne4Lyfe

Richonne4Lyfe Ricktator

Walker Pets:
  9. Armte

Armte Schadenfreude is my Aesthetic

Walker Pets:
    Outskirts Atlanta hunting down 712 Director's Cut
    Custom Banner
    I recently planned an awards dinner and used similar centerpieces myself. It was a fall theme.
    [​IMG]
    Now I am side eyeing my own damn self, :daleeye: did I just put a hex on all my attendees :lol:

10. MamaGrimes

MamaGrimes 100% Certified Shipper Trash

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Nice catch on the shape of the twig centerpiece Doc! The shape of it definitely resembles the Nordic funeral ship that is lit on fire to burn the body of the deceased. And, as discussed earlier, there are two snuffed out candles, which represent Glenn and Abraham and we have to wonder if the two lit candles are impending deaths or perhaps two people who are fated to die but end up surviving.

The people sitting at this end of the table have dealt with a whole lot of death so the twigs could be a reflection of their losses and/or a foreshadowing of death in their future:

Glenn - Deceased
    Abraham - Deceased, previously lost his entire family
    Maggie - Lost relatives on the farm and then her father, her sister and her husband in the past few months
    Spencer - Lost his father, mother and brother in the past month or two
    Morgan - Lost his wife and son at the beginning
    Eugene - wildcard
    Sasha - Lost her brother and TWO boyfriends in the past few months

#130 MamaGrimes, Oct 28, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  11. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Someone tag me back in this thread when it's been proven Sasha is safe darn it LOL her end of the table SUCKS.

If it comes down for me having to choose between Morgan and Sasha... someone Lucille me LOL

Richonne4Lyfe and MamaGrimes like this.
  12. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:

If someone at that table were to die I would bet Spencer and baby Hershel.

I really don't want to see Sasha, Maggie, Eugene or Morgan die.

Richonne4Lyfe and MamaGrimes like this.
  13. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I think the real reason they had Abe die with Glenn is because they don't want to be accused ANYMORE of killing off all of the minorities...when they kill off all of the minorities. So we know that Spencer's number is already up... my guess is that they feel "covered" enough to go with another minority death.

14. idcabtthisish

Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I'd like to volunteer Rosita for #200 Alex.

15. Appetence

Appetence Eternally failing at productivity bc TITTD
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Gimple thinks he's slick :lol:

Little did he know a 2 second dinner table scene would be the thing we would analyze the hell out of and figure out all these little hidden meanings.

You guys are the best!

@Armte thanks for keeping the shippers happy with your bit about the flowers on Richonnes end of the table :lol:

slade3, thesamurai, Chaos and 6 others like this.
  16. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:

She is not on that table and she is also the ONLY hispanic.

17. idcabtthisish

Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    I know, I know. But no one's getting me to say that it's gonna be Morgan or Sasha so I'm just gonna keep throwing Rosita's name out there until spoilers destroy my soul. I refuse to say I'm mentally prepared to say goodbye to Sasha. I'm just not gonna do it.

And I don't WANT it to be Hershel Jr, either, I mean are we REALLY only gonna have ONE baby in the ENTIRE apocalypse until Baby Richonne comes along?

18. Gekari

Gekari Garbage Purring Kitty ि०॰०ॢी
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    OT:

Even though everything makes sense if we look at it as a chess play, I have one question: In the past, has any fan theory ended up coming to fruition?

Seriously, this chess theory is already in my heart and no one can't tell me it's wrong lol

Barbarossa-TWD likes this.
  19. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Richonne was a fan theory for a long time.

20. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    I don't know the spoilers for this show are so prevalent that real fan theory are hard to get thru. I have peaked at some of the other forums and no one is coming up with their own theories just theorising on the spoilers that have been found.
    I have decided to stay away from the spoiler threads... knowing every detail of the premiere really "spoilt" it for me. So I may be 100% wrong but this is fun.

Gekari likes this.