1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion/Meta The Picnic Vision: Clever Foreshadowing or Just for Feels?

Discussion in 'Speculation' started by Doctor Grimes, Oct 26, 2016.

1. walkinggirl26

walkinggirl26 Rick's Right-Hand Woman
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    This is what I think as well that TF although scattered will all do their part wherever they may be to get ready for war. As long as Negan doesn't suspect Michonne of being Rick's true right-hand man or even his SO, then I think that Michonne will be able to be undercover so to speak and do stuff and thangs to further Negan's downfall while Rick plays submissive. From the spoilers, it appears that she will be doing some solo missions.

2. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    [​IMG]

Is that an "X" on the back of Daryl's chair???... I hope so!!!

3. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Omg!!!

4. anya7890

anya7890 Wearing a Necklace of Ears

Walker Pets:
    Hm..... could be a reference to the x on the hanged man? Or may he'll be "x" out of the group? (Not death, but like he'll be separate from the group?) of course, all of this could be overthinking as we never see the back if anyone's chair in the episode it self, (this is from behind the scenes).

Edit

Interesting Carl & Judith seemed to have the same type of chairs that Daryl has, I find quite an interesting coincidence as we sawed Carl & Judith in Daryl's memories/flashes in the sdcc trailer, I wonder if gimple is trying to said that Daryl wants what Rick has (not in a evil Way, but like in a "your grass is greener" sort of way) that Daryl maybe wants a family like Rick has and glenn was trying to start, it would certainly tie into with what Abe told Daryl about settling down last season. Or I'm just making mountains out of nothing.

#144 anya7890, Oct 28, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    Katbird, Hailekim and Richonne4Lyfe like this.
  5. walkinggirl26

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    This is all very exciting. You guys are awesome, and I'm like, "Yeah, boy!" Lol! As usual Richonners breaking down and analyzing and dissecting like the bosses they are:)

Richonne4Lyfe and Doctor Grimes like this.
  6. Gooey Goobert

Gooey Goobert Relocating to The Kingdom
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Interesting catch. Lot's of Xs for Daryl, huh?

And it looks like Rosita has this wavy looking pattern on the chair.

Richonne4Lyfe likes this.
  7. walkinggirl26

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Richonners are some smart cookies, and there were lots of theories as what certain things meant in earlier seasons, and most of those were why the majority of us were positive that Richonne was going to happen. We just followed the breadcrumbs that SG left. Things like posters or pictures on the wall, broken glass, owls, red balloons, razors, baby formula, lighting, words to songs, bullet wounds, color coordination, clothing, ghost Lori appearances, Shane comparisons, dialogue, names of books, floor plans, comic panels, interviews, AL's loose lips, Bible scriptures -- I could go on and on. There were literally hundreds of threads speculating, breaking down, zooming in and blowing up scenes, rewatches, analogies, numerology, astrology, reading scripts, etc., much like what's going on now with the "wedding reception" scene. Maybe we just pay more attention, but we always seem to be ahead of the curve and pick up on things that many others overlook or ignore, especially when it comes to our lovelies:) Of course, we were called a bunch of crazy and delusional women and were reading way too much into things, but guess what? We were right, and the majority of things we picked up on have been confirmed by SG, AL, DG, and others.

So this chess theory has me pumped up because it looks like another breadcrumb just dropped in by SG at the very end of the episode that we've picked up on and are running with it that I think will have ramifications throughout this season and beyond.

8. The Last Big Kat

The Last Big Kat Vengeance For The Plunderers
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm not much help for chess metaphors, but cards I can do lol.

I'm getting the impression that each member of TF has their own "suit," and the Saviors are all represented by Diamonds. That could be meant to show that while Negan has strength in numbers and materials, his tyrannical rule limits his perspective. Meanwhile, TF (+ potential allies) have a diversity of perspectives, and as soon as they unite, they will be the stronger force.

So here's what each suit represents, the meaning behind each queen, and my best guess for who is what queen and who belongs to what suit.

Hearts
    (Cups/Chalices in Tarot)
    Hearts are the Water element cards, and of the Spring season. They represent emotions, family, and relationships. "Hearts" people are compassionate and understanding, and are known for being youthful and child-like. Relationships are of the greatest concern to "Hearts" people, some are also rather interested in sex. On the positive side, Hearts are warm and loving; on the negative side, they are obsessive and hateful.

HEARTS: Glenn (rip), Aaron, Tara, Judith (lol), Tobin (:buttermilk:)

The Queen of Hearts
    The "Mother of Higher Love" is an influential figure, who has a strong command over her emotions, although prone to excess, and expresses her leadership skills through her understanding and compassion for the people she rules over. Her excess of emotions can lead to impatience or lack of focus, however. Classically, the Queen of Hearts is devoted to marriage and children.

Our Future Queen of Hearts: Maggie

Clubs

(Wands/Staves in Tarot)
    Clubs are Fire element cards, and of the Summer season. They represent the mind. "Clubs" people are thinkers, effective communicators, and curious about the mysteries of life. Knowledge is of the utmost important to "Clubs" people, and their wealth of knowledge allows them to notice and comprehend things in ways the other suits might not. On the positive side, Clubs are intelligent and great teachers; on the negative side, they are elitist, manipulative turds.

CLUBS: Carol, Morgan, Daryl, Eugene

The Queen of Clubs
    The Queen of Clubs is brutally honest with a sharp mind. She is observant and bright, and quickly excels at anything she puts her mind to. Her intelligence and knowledge make her a decisive leader, and she tends to prefer being self-reliant. Indecisive and unintelligent people just slow her down.

Our Future Queen of Clubs: Sasha (although previous to the chessboard symbolism, I would've guessed Carol lol)

Diamonds

(Coins/Pentacles in Tarot)
    Diamonds are Earth element cards, and of the Autumn season. They represent value, generally of material things. To "Diamond" people, all things can be measured by their value, from money to relationships. "Diamonds" people are often preoccupied with the accumulation of whatever they believe to be valuable. On the positive side, Diamonds people can be philanthropic; on the negative side, Diamonds are greedy.

DIAMONDS: Eh.

The Queen of Diamonds
    The Queen of Diamonds is primarily concerned with generating resources and promoting their business ventures. Her creativity manifests in her ability to adjust the pieces of her business to create better productivity and accumulate more valuables.

Queen of Diamonds: LUCILLE???? SIMON?????

Spades

(Swords in Tarot :flirt:)
    Spades are Air element cards, and of the Winter season. They represent wisdom. "Spades" people are the workers, the "doers." With all that wisdom, young "Spades" people can seem too mature for their age, and as active "doers," Spades dislike being controlled. On the positive side, Spades are the movers and shakers of the world, spiritual leaders; on the negative side, they can be prone to drudgery and despair.

SPADES: Rick, Carl, Father Gabriel, Abe (rip)

The Queen of Spades
    The Queen of Spades stands next to the King of Spades, and is a driven, natural leader. She has an innovative mind and a depth of experience, which in concert with her communication skills, make her a supremely powerful and effective leader. The Queen of Spades can be a bit of a workaholic though, and may be more generous with her time and labor than she is with her heart.

Our Queen of Spades: Michonne

IDK: Rosita (Clubs or Spades?), Spencer (lol who cares)

There are some other not-chess things I noticed that are somewhat related to the picnic scene, and some that also involve mixing way more metaphors. Maybe I'll get around to putting those in a post.

9. Gekari

Gekari Garbage Purring Kitty ि०॰०ॢी
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Good to see you posting Kat. :hearts: Thank you.

Richonne4Lyfe likes this.
  10. richonneromance

richonneromance Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    The thing that struck me about this scene is...where did the Negan voiceover come from? Did he say that at an earlier point? Is he still going to say it? Why give us a future Negan voiceover?

I'm also intrigued by two things that might end up being spoilery idk. In Michael Cudlitz's goodbye video, he finishes with "I'm not really gone" which yeah of course, in terms of the actor, but idk the way he said it was strange. There's also Nicotero explaining the dinner scene and he says "What [Rick] might see". Not what he wishes or was imagining, but what he MIGHT see. Which is an odd way of putting it.

The red cloth just thrown to the side there is bizarre as well, in terms of staging. The whole scene is staged very oddly. Why would they set up a table in the middle of overgrown, swampy looking grass? Why isn't Daryl dressed up? Would Enid really be there? Spencer? Why is Aaron there, but not Eric? Olivia? Tobin? I know this could be argued away with "main cast only" but still, Rick is supposed to be living alongside these people and caring about them all the same. It's strange to show an idea of a future point but have it be weirdly off-balance. Something about it is so out of place. Knowing Gimple, it's definitely not a straight forward "imagine" scene either.

Oh and Morgan snuffing the candles out is HUGE and 100% intentional. Why Morgan? Why the peaceful character who doesn't want to kill? Why not the priest who is at least representative of life/death in some ways? I'm intrigued to see why Morgan was given this task (and arguably the only one given a task to do in the entire scene).

11. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    At NYCC Lennie said that it should be noted that when he kills the saviour to save Carol that one bullet could have sufficed but Morgan emptied an entire clip. Then he goes on to say that those who wanted Morgan to kill again should be careful of what they ask for.

So yeah I think the entire season is some how represented at this table.

Is war going to be ignited by Tara and/or Daryl since there are are matches in between them?

#151 Barbarossa-TWD, Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  12. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Aaron but not Heath? Heath attacked the Satellite station with them and went on a long run with Tara.
    Why no other communities? Why no Jesus?

13. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Can't to see more of what you guys come up with. It is all very interesting. You guys are smart.

Buttons&Applesauce likes this.
  14. richonneromance

richonneromance Caressing Eugene's Mullet

Walker Pets:
    Another good point!

15. Buttons&Applesauce

Buttons&Applesauce Nestled in Rick's Beard

Walker Pets:
    Really enjoying these theories. You all are geniuses. That is all. :lol:

lovingdead likes this.
  16. Atributetoorange

Atributetoorange Purple calms the nerves
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm more into checkers, but the theories in this thread make me want to learn more about the game of chess. :thumbsup:

Hailekim and Gekari like this.
  17. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Holy crap that is. . . Foreboding. But it isn't visible in the actual shot which is a shame but. . . Xs have followed Daryl for a while now.

epiath likes this.
  18. anya7890

anya7890 Wearing a Necklace of Ears

Walker Pets:
    Keep in mind that Carl & Judith have the same type of chairs. Highly doubt that means thier dying.

Richonne4Lyfe and Doctor Grimes like this.
  19. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    [​IMG]

Are the center pieces Lilies of the Valley? Is this another Breaking Bad reference? Who will be poisoned (3 persons?) on the nobility table (Which side don't know)
    On the other side of the table the "floral" center piece is twigs. What is the symbolism here???

It seems as though the first prediction is coming true : The Kingdom ARE poisoning the Saviors with tainted meat from pigs that have eaten Walkers

[​IMG]

#159 Barbarossa-TWD, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  20. idcabtthisish

idcabtthisish The New Mrs. Grimes
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Can I get a reminder of the first prediction?