1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll The Plan: Which One Was Better?

Discussion in '6x12: Not Tomorrow Yet' started by Doctor Grimes, Mar 7, 2016.

Tags:
?

Which Plan Was Better? Which one would you have voted for?

1. Rick's plan. Kill them before they kill us.

16 vote(s)
    35.6%
  2. Morgan's plan. We don't know what we're up against. Let's talk to them first.

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  3. Another plan. Both options suck cookies.

28 vote(s)
    62.2%
  1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    So... about The Plan... who did you agree with more? Or did you think there was a road less traveled that should've been done instead?

2. WalkerVoodoo

WalkerVoodoo Michonne's Shadow
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Rick's plan.

That being said, I see where Morgan is coming from. It was obvious once they got in the compound that not everyone was cut out for what they were about to do. Ya they won the battle but the emotional baggage that'll come from that for characters like Glenn and Heath can't just be swept under the rug.

3. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer

Walker Pets:
    Both plans sucked, in my opinion.

From what we know of the Saviors, you can't just "talk" to them; that will only take you but so far HOWEVER for Rick and the group to be so gun ho about attacking an enemy that they don't even know, an enemy who doesn't even know that they exist, is bad, VERY BAD. Team Family just started a war and there's no going back.

4. Misty Knight

Patron

Walker Pets:
    I choose both options. I would be 100% with Rick's plan if they had reliable intel or waited a little longer before attacking. I was getting upset that when they were planning the raid, the Hilltop dude had so little information about the outpost. He really didn't tell them squat they couldn't figure out themselves. Also, not knowing what Negan looks like, nope, that's not smart.

5. Lugubria

Lugubria Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I agree with Rick's plan and the other plan. They went in guns blazing and sure, they took out some of the enemy but they have absolutely no idea where they stand now and Michonne's "Who's Negan?" pretty much underscored it. They won the battle but they're going to lose the war.

6. Ship Verse

Ship Verse I.D.G.A.F.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Another plan. I would have at least asked tell me everything you know about Negan. EVERYTHING. I would have did some recon. They went in blind. Scope the place out, then kill them all.

7. Truthfully it's love

Truthfully it's love Life's candy and the sun's a ball of butter
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Another plan. Everyone was just so willing to go into this blindly, especially the Alexandrians that just nodded away like
    [​IMG]

SevenStars and Ship Verse like this.
  8. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    It's very hard to say. I understand fully why the group that went to Hilltop was on board with "kill 'em all" [/governor voice] but the fact no one except Morgan spoke up was very concerning to me.

The rest of the Alexandrians weren't there. They didn't hear Jesus's story about Negan bashing the 16 year old kid's brains in. They didn't hear Daryl and Abe going on about making paste out of the Saviors.

I would've liked to have heard more conversation about it before ultimately going with Rick's plan, but on paper? Rick has every reason to think this won't be a problem:
    1. Hilltop told him they never see the Saviors in large groups. Only ones of about 10-20.
    2. The Saviors group Sasha, Abe and Daryl encountered, while it would've killed them had they not had the rocket launcher, was downplayed due to Abe and Daryl's stupidity (Rick doesn't know that though). Why Sasha didn't speak up on this, I have no clue.
    3. Rick and his group have just come off the high of escaping a cannibal death camp (and killing all the cannibals) with only one casualty; killing all the Wolves without a death in their "main" group; defeating a massive, world-shattering herd of walkers. Like, I get why they feel confident and puffed up.
    4. No moral quandary. They've already attacked Rick's group (Abe, Sasha, and Daryl), so Rick already has no love for them. Also? They kill kids, have terrorized Hilltop. Why have any moral reservations about killing these people? In a way, the Saviors have already declared war.
    5. Rick is right. It is just a matter of time before the Saviors come for them too -- just as they have other communities in the area. Hilltop is already under their thumb. The men were going to come back with or without Gregory's head regardless to save Craig. The cat would've been out of the bag there was a new player in town.

Of course more recon would've been a smart move, but Rick might be thinking they need to strike while the iron is hot. Also, Craig's life was on the line. If they didn't do something, Craig may have been killed. And we know Hilltop was going to try and go back for him somehow anyway.

It's a complex situation. But it is one they ultimately decided on as a group. What sucks is that Rick is going to suffer the fallout of what happens. The show is already setting it up. Even though Abe, Daryl, and Maggie have also all played a role.

9. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer

Walker Pets:
    Yes! Even Rick scoped out Terminus a bit before making himself known.

Ship Verse and Doctor Grimes like this.
  10. SevenStars

SevenStars Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I voted neither.

I didn't agree with Morgan because the Saviors previous interactions with some of the members in their group shows that talking wasn't going to work. But I thought it was a valid point Morgan brought up.

I agree with Rick about attacking first before Negan and his group come after them. But I thought it was stupid that he didn't take time to gather more information about his enemies before he went after them.

11. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I do think the lack of recon was irritating, but I do think Craig being a hostage played a role in why they acted so soon.

birdnmouse likes this.
  12. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Rick's plan, technically. I would've definitely wanted to have a lot more info but they probably thought they couldn't waste anymore time because the Saviors could show up at any moment. It was a time sensitive situation. You can't talk to the Saviors so sit down, Morgan.

13. Bazooka Jane

Bazooka Jane On a pirate ship
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    You do Rick's plan AFTER you stake out the place for a day or two. Hide in some trees in the perimeter or whatever and gather intell. Then they would know that their princess (Negan) was in another castle so to speak, and plan accordingly (maybe kill everyone except for one, so that this person can take them back to the main digs).

14. Lugubria

Lugubria Nestled in Rick's Beard
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Yep, Rick's plan with advance intel and recon would have been the perfect plan. Now they have this supposed victory but at what cost?

15. Iguessiamhere

Iguessiamhere Survivor of Many Disasters
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Both plans suck. Rick going after Negan's men and doesn't know who is Negan. Morgan plan seemed rational if Rick really had technical advantage over smaller group by offering to surrender render them neuter. Both suck!!!!!!

I don't understand why someone beside Morgan had concerns? Even I as a Alexandrian wasn'tdirectly fighting I would voice some real concern. Like going after enemy without Intel. Every one swallowing the kool aid without knowing the flavors. I get they need food to survive, but don't jump into dangerous plan without assessing the situation.

16. Ship Verse

Ship Verse I.D.G.A.F.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    The irony of making murder plans in a church. Cute. I get it, it was a strike now situation that would inevitably bite them in the ass. The most irritating for me is the haughtiness. I want them to be confident yes, but maybe just consider the blowback? I mean Negan has been able to exploit the Hilltop for a reason. This is not the boogieman Daryl. I feel like our people of ALL people should know just how bad this can get. They remembered the name, Negan. Come on. This guy literally has made a name for himself. I guess knowing the future plays a role but I think even if you don't you just have a bad, bad feeling. It's not like them to be so foolish with their lives and security. I guess dire straights will make you do anything.
    (I keep going in circles. I have to set up all my excuses now so when the blow back does inevitably happen I am prepared in defense.)

Shown and tuswig like this.
  17. Silas

Silas Beloved Side Piece
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Sure as the hell NOT Morgan's plan. Talking it out? Like gee, if it were that easy I doubt Hilltop would be in such a pickle.

I'm not even gonna call it Rick's plan. I'll be the asshole that reminds people that it was, in fact, everyone's plan. Obviously it had flaws, but it had to for the purpose of the story. If TF had scouted out more, it's likely they might have succeeded to an extent.

So everyone's plan was the best plan. With little and false ::coughthankstodarylcough:: information, it was their most viable option.

CrownRoyale likes this.
  18. tuswig

tuswig Bitch Slayer

Walker Pets:
    Wow, the fact that these plans were made in a church went over my head lol I'm also getting flashbacks of 5A, when TF killed the Termites/Hunters in a church...interestingly enough getting rid of Negan and the Saviors won't be anywhere near that easy.

Ship Verse likes this.
  19. cgomes

cgomes Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Exactly this! Rick's plan. He wasn't wrong, they needed to act and we know they are capable. The only problem with it is that this time the threat doesn't end here, God, they have no idea what's coming... At this point, any plan would only bring bad consequences.

20. Chaos

Chaos Searching for my Snatched Wig
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I'm going to go for Ricks plan.

Obviously things could have been done better but Morgan is always trying to talk and that shit doesn't always work, so he should sit down and stfu.

As far as the cockiness, I feel like that is due to a lack of details from the people who were actually almost killed. Abe, Sasha, or Daryl should have said something and been more clear about what actually went down, but they didn't. Abe and Daryl were there at Hilltop, saying and talking on the side of their mouths, as if they wouldn't be dead if it weren't for that rocket launcher. That's on them. I can't blame Rick for shit he doesn't know. Of course he's gonna be blamed anyhow but whatever...

I've noticed people are already blaming Rick but I haven't seen anyone say anything about Sasha, given that if she had actually killed that dude, he wouldn't have set the alarm off. I mean... Sasha is cool and all but that was kind of her fault, lol.

But throughout the episode I noticed they showed Michonnes reaction multiple times, so I'm thinking she's apprehensive about this whole thing and is getting the feeling that something is off. That last line wasn't confirmation for Negans death but a question of whether he is, and I think she knows that he might not be.

There. My one cent on this topic.

I'mStillWithYou and DirtieBirdie like this.