1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll The Plan: Which One Was Better?

Discussion in '6x12: Not Tomorrow Yet' started by Doctor Grimes, Mar 7, 2016.

Tags:
?

Which Plan Was Better? Which one would you have voted for?

1. Rick's plan. Kill them before they kill us.

16 vote(s)
    35.6%
  2. Morgan's plan. We don't know what we're up against. Let's talk to them first.

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  3. Another plan. Both options suck cookies.

28 vote(s)
    62.2%
  1. Tater

Tater Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    It was unclear to me how time sensitive everything was. I know they had to save that Craig (I think that's his name) guy, but I thought that Gregory really didn't care about him, but just cared about getting Negan. Gregory did say he wasn't sure whether he wanted Craig in his gene pool. That could have been a negotiating stance. If they could make the deal with Hilltop without having to save Craig, I would have taken some time. Scoped out the place more.

However, Morgan's plan was just plain ridiculous.

Hi, we understand you are brutal marauders, and we're pretty brutal ourselves. We have so much in common. Let's be friends.

[​IMG]

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  2. gwimmy

gwimmy Walker Bait

Walker Pets:
    I agree with everyone who says it would have been better if they'd had the time, or made the time, to do some recon before going in. I actually think they were working on a deadline with Gregory's head but the writers should have set that up better. But the lack of recon isn't what caused the alarm to be pulled. And I'm not sure if it would have kept Carol and Maggie from being captured (maybe not stopping to argue while the alarm was going off would have been helpful there ;)). So their plan for the battle itself was near-perfect.

The real issue is that we know that what's coming is so much larger than this battle. But I'm of the mindset that Negan and crew are coming after them no matter what. Now that they've taken out two of Negan's smaller groups, maybe they've just needlessly antagonized the Saviors. But they've also taken out two small, but possibly significant groups of their fighters. And they've gotten much needed food from Hilltop for their trouble. I'm not sure if this plan was a net gain or a net loss, basically. But it was great to see them execute it at such a high level - team badass!

Despite the issues, I loved the plan even though watching them kill people in their sleep really affected me. I just think their motivations were set up so well (often not a strong suit of the writers) that I can't hate them for it. The Wolves story line dragged and seemed like an annoying waste of time when it was happening but that's a recent instance where Alexandria ignored warnings of an external threat and paid a huge price for it. Same with the quarry walkers, who some members of Alexandria knew about for months. Add the Governor, Terminus, the Claimers --- I think our group has very good reason to be aggressive when they hear about a threat. And they're right that the element of surprise is their only known advantage. Pressing that advantage works for me.

I also liked that it was a choice the group agreed to - loved Aaron's part in pushing for the plan that since he blamed himself for possibly leading the Wolves to Alexandria. I loved that Rick only took people who wanted to participate. And I even loved that Morgan disagreed and proposed an alternative that I would never vote for because at least he got to state his case and be done.

Latrice, thehollow and Doctor Grimes like this.
  3. lostinadaydream

lostinadaydream Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    Well I think that , given the fact that they felt so sure to even blast their cars horns to attract the walkers, they were at enough distance to avoid that kind of complications ( like gunfire being heard from the people at the compound and/or being perceived as a threat for the outpost ) - I mean, they wouldn't sabotage their own plan that was all about the surprise effect. XD

Bazooka Jane likes this.