1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

The Queen Bitch: Carol Peletier Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Carol / Melissa McBride' started by Butler36, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  2. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I am so ready to get Carol back. She is in such a bad place. I am glad she is taking time to heal her heart. She is not a cold bitch or a mean bitch. She is just a lady that is hurting and confused. I know exactly how she is feeling. It is a sad scary place. It makes me crazy that people can't see that. She is not perfect. And I am glad she is not perfect. Perfect is boring.

3. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I am hoping for the real Carol to show up in the second half of the season. I do want her to keep her selfishness though. I think it will help keep her head straight. People that have not been through shit that Carol has do not understand. Lucky for them they haven't and don't understand it. I would love for others to understand her better but would not wish the pain of abuse on anyone. I wish I didn't understand her so well. Hearing people say she is a bitch and selfish is like people saying it to me. I wish I didn't have so much in common with her. Would just love to see her happy for a season or two. No more mask for her. I am tired of wearing my mask but haven't gotten the strength to take it off yet. Who would have ever thought tv show could hit so close to home. Don't know why I just typed all of this out since it is just me in here. I guess i just needed to get it out since my journal was not close by.

4. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  5. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    yuna likes this.
  6. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  7. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  8. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  9. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  10. Rickdickulous Trash

Rickdickulous Trash Bring me the Samurai...
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Carol makes me mad but as I've said before, it would take a whole lot more angsty behavior from her for me to abandon her.

I love Carol and am VERY aware of the importance of her character as an older, previously battered woman with no spouse or kids. This is a highly ignored part of our society which is why Carol's arc and badassery is very important to me.

I guess sometimes it's easier to be mad at her rather than really think about her pain. Because it's painful...

11. zahira

zahira Ricktator
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    [​IMG]
    I really like how she smiles here , she looks so natural

12. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    It is very painful. She deserves to be happy. And I am ready for her to be happy again.

13. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    dixonscarol
    [​IMG]
    Carol Peletier / The Walking Dead 7B Keyart

14. zahira

zahira Ricktator
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
  15. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
  16. Dixon

Dixon Babysitting Judith

Walker Pets:
    Carol has been getting some hate comments lately, because people are all, "She left, so why is she so emotional about the family, why should she care, why is everyone praising her, especially people who don't even know her?" So I'm here to give her some love. The only reason she left was because she cared about her family so much she would kill for them, but she doesn't want to kill. I get it. Just because she left, it does not mean she doesn't care, because she cares about them all a great deal. And I believe that the reason everyone is praising her(Ezekiel, Richard) is because they can see that she has went through a lot, and they know the warrior look in her eyes. They don't know the stuff she's done, but just by talking to her and looking at her, you understand that she's done a lot, except for the people who don't look very well.

17. Nightmare

Nightmare FAIRY PRINCESS♚
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Tired of seeing Carol getting bashed for leaving. Carol was at a breaking point. The thought of killing was beginning to take its toll on her mental state. If she had to step away in order to preserve her mind, that doesn't mean she doesn't care about her family.

She doesn't want to keep living a life where she is fearing for her own, where she is afraid one merciful deed of letting someone live, will cost her loved ones dearly, but she also hates the thought of killing people in general.

I know she's basically ignoring the reality of the new world right now, but I do think she needs this. She had gotten to the point of ruthlessly killing, even when it wasn't wholly necessary. She needed to take a step back and really look.

18. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Carol is back in action, and I am happy for it, but I am worried this isn't the way it should have happened. It doesn't feel this was due to any epiphany, but more pain.

I hope by the end of the season we get Carol talking about her decision to join the war outside of "They killed my friends."

Stop leaving Carol emotionally tortured, show.

MamaGrimes and ALDGRichonneLover like this.
  19. Patty Ran

Patty Ran Survivor of Many Disasters

Walker Pets:
    I never think of Carol as mean or selfish. She is undergoing PTSD and going through it as best as she can, in the way that she deems best. I don't know why she isn't allowed to grieve. She lost Sophia and how long was she grieving or gone mentally? Barely. She learnt how to operate weapons and was right there helping to take the prison. She is strong and capable and has saved TF on more than one occasion. And just because she saved the day DOES NOT mean the others are less capable(which is what I get from reading a lot of stuff online). The others are awesome too, and so is Carol. For me, TF rocks!

20. Numee2017

Numee2017 Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    You said it.....just the fact that she has put one foot in front of the other after Sophias death...seeing her baby as a walker.....how do you come back from that? Carol is a true survivor.....