1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion/Meta The Rise & Fall of Daryl Dixon

Discussion in 'Daryl / Norman Reedus' started by Doctor Grimes, Oct 14, 2016.

1. jacpin2002

jacpin2002 Walker Bait

Walker Pets:
    I'm going to have to agree with you on this. I keep holding out hope for better writing for Daryl. I loved Daryl since Season 1, but he has declined in my view of him as well. I believe it really set the tone for me during season 4b and on. Prior to this, I actually (and still do) ship him with Michonne (Dixonne). But I also have issues with the way Michonne has been protrayed as well (but that is for a different forum).

I do hope that season 7 will bring back the Daryl that we love. This brooding of his is ridiculous. I mean i think that he would have loved being in Alexandria compared to what he grew up with. He didn't seem like the type to back away from civilization. The writers want to make me believe that he was so broken up about losing Beth that he thought he could not be around people anymore???? That is bullshit. Proof of this is season 4a! He lost his brother for goodness sakes, his last known surviving family member, and he was able to still be with the group at the prison (not retreat into his man pain and from civilization).

Thanks for the post because you hit the nail on the head. I still love Daryl and it is solely because I am holding out hope for good writing to be done for him and also for Dixonne to become canon. (I ship Richonne and I know that they are canon, but I still hold out hope for Dixonne. ) :)

2. Motherdick

Motherdick Hiding in Dale's RV

Walker Pets:
    This season is his break out season I just know it :lyin: