1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Spoilers The Spoiler Zone: Carl

Discussion in 'Carl / Chandler Riggs' started by Butler36, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Butler36

Butler36 What?
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    This is the place where spoilers and speculation can be had about Carl. Those who are weary of spoilers beware.

[​IMG]

2. Armte

Armte Schadenfreude is my Aesthetic

Walker Pets:
    Outskirts of Atlanta hunting down 712 footage
    Custom Banner
    The Spoiling Dead Fans confirmed, Adios Carl's eye.

image.jpeg

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  3. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I bet we'll see more Governor parallels come out in Carl's new personality. I just hope he doesn't go all the way to comic Carl's level of coldness. Comic Carl is the worst. (At least in my opinion; I know some people are fond of that character).

michonne likes this.
  4. Ares

Ares A bitter bunker husband.
    Staff Member Graphic Designer Patron

Walker Pets:
    I'm hyped now and we already had a cold Carl in S3 and I seriously disliked that version of him.

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  5. Mousey

Mousey Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I like GN Carl but he's a trouble boy, lmao. Capital T troubled.

That said, TV Carl is so radically different I don't think it will play out at all the same. I do have to give the writers some credit for changing the eye thing from basically pure accident into something that Carl actually, in a causal way, contributed to himself. He wanted to be a big person. He wanted to work things out with Ron, and told him flatly to cut out the bullshit. Coming back to civilization brought out the most mature Carl we're seen yet. But since he's gonna take a bullet for his pops, I imagine we'll see a bitter, changed Carl. Not so much the cold bordering on psychopath young boy, but a hardened young man with some trust issues. And apparently he shouldn't be so trusting (even if I hate it for him). I just don't want him to hold it against Rick. That's my "no-go" scenario.

Also, Carl can't win when it comes to the eye injury, lol. I've already seen people complaining about how clean his face looks in the promotional image, how he needs scarring ... but for years there was a vocal outcry about how stupid the comic injury is, how unrealistic it is, how the show needs to tone it down, etc. :confused:

Doctor Grimes and Ares like this.
  6. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I hope Cold Carl comes off as something other than a petulant teenager because we already have Daryl I agree with @TheGovernor S3 Carl made me want to parent the shit out of him so badly because he drove me nuts.

cgomes, Doctor Grimes and Ares like this.
  7. cgomes

cgomes Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Yes, I can't wait for a cold Carl, it needs to happen, his emotional side needs to be affected too, but I just don't want to see him like comic Carl, I hope they can remix this in a good wait. I'm curious to see his interaction with Rick and Negan. I'm sure we'll get very interesting scenes.

8. Armte

Armte Schadenfreude is my Aesthetic

Walker Pets:
    Outskirts of Atlanta hunting down 712 footage
    Custom Banner
    I am hoping we get a mix. I don't want Carl completely cold and I am thinking I might get my wish because Carl's relationship with Michonne on TV is different then his relationship with Andrea in the comic. Michonne can still reach TV Carl, bring out his child like softer side. I don't think Michonne will allow Carl to become completely cold. She will fight to bring her Carl back. Now I say all of this with the knowledge that the writers can suck and they may forget about the beauty that is the Carconne relationship. Then I am completely wrong.

#8 Armte, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    CordeliaMathews likes this.
  9. Lennykae

Lennykae Scott Gimple is the Janet Evanovich of TV.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Gimps' office MAYBE waiting 2 say-I forgive you-
    Custom Banner
    Is this the official thread where we talk about Carl?

I kind of like how they slowly are introducing changes in him via his interactions w/Enid.

10. Joan Holloway

Joan Holloway Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    I think him getting shot is all we'll really get from carl this season. Hopefully things pick up for him in s7 with the negan relationship

11. WalkerVoodoo

WalkerVoodoo Michonne's Shadow
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I hope not. Andy said something about Carl saying some "troubling" things to Rick this season. I hope he wasn't just talking about the eye comment in 6x11 and we get more Carl/Rick before the finale.

12. WalkerVoodoo

WalkerVoodoo Michonne's Shadow
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    So out of the remaining episodes Carl was only spotted for 6x15? And this is supposed to be a good half season for him? I'm hoping he's in all the remaining episodes of the season and there's some type of reason for why he hasn't been spotted.

13. Kordas

Kordas Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    He's for sure not in 6x13, but I bet he'll be in last 3 episodes (at least I hope so).