1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Spoilers The Spoiler Zone: Carol

Discussion in 'Carol / Melissa McBride' started by Butler36, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Butler36

Butler36 What?
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    This is the place where spoilers and speculation can be had about Carol. Those who are weary of spoilers beware.

[​IMG]

2. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Carol and Maggie end up getting kidnapped by the Saviors in 6x13, which is highly intriguing. What is more intriguing is in the spoilery tidbit from the SFX article, Carol is the one who wants to go soft on the man they have at gunpoint.

"It’s a warm October evening in the small town of Senoia, Georgia. The smell of Citronella fills the air as two women - Maggie Greene and Carol Peletier – argue over the fate of a man lying in a forest clearing. Maggie points a gun to his head while Carol tells her to stop. “Not till it’s done,” says Maggie, her teeth clenched.

Suddenly two other women, a red head and a brunette, - run out of the woods. “Stop or she’s dead,” cries the red head, aiming her rifle at Carol. “Guns. Knives. On the ground right now,” she adds.

“Nice shirt,” says the brunette, eyeing Maggie. “You can take it off her when she’s dead,” says the redhead."​

Source: TSDF

This indicates perhaps a shift in Carol's philosophy; maybe we will start to see this change soon.

rlsatk likes this.
  3. Ares

Ares A bitter bunker husband.
    Staff Member Graphic Designer Patron

Walker Pets:
    Them having literally no interaction in the past seasons makes me very excited for this.

CrownRoyale likes this.
  4. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Same. It's about time Carol and Maggie both got screen time with other women. We're incredibly lucky it happens to be with each other.

Ares likes this.
  5. WalkerVoodoo

WalkerVoodoo Michonne's Shadow
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I'm glad that the messy Carol and Morgan conflict will atleast have some lasting overall effect in the characters. Carol looks like she's taking a different approach to life based off the spoilers. Hopefully the writers don't have her going to the opposite extreme end like Morgan, but instead have her find that balance.

6. day dreamer

day dreamer Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    According to Kirkman, Morgan will clash with more than just Carol, and that makes me happier. She can sharethis ridiculously forced story line with others.

Doctor Grimes and WalkerVoodoo like this.
  7. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I am so glad.

8. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm down for this.

9. Tater

Tater Awaiting Job from Deanna
    Patron

Walker Pets:
  10. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm incredibly interested to see where this goes. I am glad at least one character is taking the time to reflect on the things they've done. This should also shut up all the "Carol is cold-blooded" talk, because for the life of me I've never understood it.

My feeling is that she's answering the three questions. How many people have you killed specifically. Then she'll try to answer the "Why" -- and hopefully it is by answering that question she'll be able to find some peace with her actions.

The guilt is clearly eating her up inside. It shouldn't. They live in a chaotic world and she was only doing what she thought was best for her family. Of course people's mileage may vary on when killing as the right course of action or not, in their world, the lines get blurred.

Carol deserves to have a moments peace. Some happiness. Maybe this is the first step towards her allowing herself to have that.

The writers love torturing her, that much is obvious.

laisla, day dreamer and Tater like this.
  11. day dreamer

day dreamer Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    Somebody needs to hug Carol. Seeing her make that list makes me so sad. (And somewhat annoyed that she's the only one burdened with reflecting on her kills, but I digress) Gimple tends to rush stories but Carol actually talking about The Grove is one that has been dragged out far too long. I hope this list is the beginning of her talking about it with someone from Team Family.

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  12. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I'm wondering what role the kidnapping is going to play in the plot. My assumption is maybe one of the following:
    1. Carol and Maggie escape on their own, which only boosts the group's collective ego re: taking down the Saviors.
    2. The group makes a trade for Carol and Maggie.
    3. The group rescues Carol and Maggie with sheer force.
    Honestly I think they'll do a Carol and Maggie v. the Saviors kind of deal where the two of them manage to make it out without the help of the group. It'll only feed into what Daryl said with regard to the Saviors being pussies. After all, if Carol and Maggie (of all people!) could escape on their own, the Saviors must not be too big of a deal. (I'm sure it'll be played off that way even though we know Carol and Maggie are badass as hell; it'll be "oh look a middle-aged woman and a pregnant lady beat your ass -- so of course we can do this.)

So, in a way, I am really excited to see Carol and Maggie tearing shit up (and hopefully bonding), but then I am also like, "Oh, I bet they chose those two since it'll make the Saviors look more pathetic because general audience."

:confused:

13. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Perhaps this could be indicative of Carol finding love this season?

It is peculiar "LOVE" is so heavily emphasized. Seemed like a way to tongue-in-cheek answer the question.

I hope it's true. Carol deserves to find some happiness -- and soon. She has been through a lot of hell.

14. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    She so deserves LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doctor Grimes likes this.