1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion/Meta The Unusual Suspects: Maybe Negan Killed Someone We're Not Expecting?

Discussion in 'Speculation Archive' started by Doctor Grimes, Apr 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doctor Grimes

Doctor Grimes Not Your Governor
    Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    So, the predominant Lucille Victim theories typically hinge around Glenn, Daryl, Abraham, and Michonne.

... So what about the unusual suspects?

Let's just, for fun, examine why or how it could be any of the people we're *not* expecting.

... Has anyone actually thought it could be Sasha for instance? Or Rosita? Or what about less commonly thrown around names like Aaron and Eugene?

Or what about the two considered the safest in the whole lot: Rick and Carl?

How likely is it will be blind-sided by one of these victims?

2. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Ronny Haze, whom I follow on Youtube, said there's a possibility (a crack one for now) that Gabriel could have been captured during a sneak attack on ASZ and pulled at the last moment

Lickidesplit likes this.
  3. LunaFall

LunaFall Founder of The Bunker Bar
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    ugh... I don't even want to entertain this, tbh.
    Not even because I like the characters, and I like these characters, but they just aren't worth the cliffhanger and seven month wait... they really aren't.

Gimple and Kirkman threw the gauntlet down and they promised a worthy premiere, if my brain serves me correctly (it may not in this case). I don't see that with any of them.

Still, I wouldn't put anything past these damn writers. They might have Negan swing that bat so hard that it goes back in time to kill Silent Shumpert and call it "artistry" or some shizz-wazz.

4. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    At least it would explain what happened. :negan:

Denie39 and LunaFall like this.
  6. Silas

Silas Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I actually think out of the least discussed suspects people are overlooking Maggie. Mainly because a lot of Glenn's foreshadowing could also be for her...especially his driving away and leaving her in the rear view. And her being positive they'd lose something. Plus, it would get rid of the baby too. Kill two people with one bat and all that jazz. I think she'd be far more likely to go than Michonne too because it wouldn't screw up the trajectory too much. Just shove Glenn in Hilltop with Enid....and ta da, you've got a remix of the comics! And I know people are like "but taking it like a champ is for a dude" but I think that's utter rubbish. I've said that about women in my day. Maybe that makes me sexist, IDK.

But I don't really think it could be her. That's dumb as hell and I highly doubt TPTB would green light the graphic death of a pregnant chick, although Lori's death was pretty brutal. But at least she was doing it to save the baby so I guess that somehow makes it okay. But if we're talking crack theories for the sake of crack theories, I'd throw Maggie's name in before I considered Michonne, Rick, or Carl.

7. zahira

zahira Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Exactly

8. Mullet of Lies

Mullet of Lies In Red Swim Trunks We Trust
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Before the hard Darcille evidence starting popping up I was seriously leaning towards Maggie. I know everyone says "but they won't kill the pregnant girl" or "Negan won't kill a woman!" - but I still think there's a slim possibility it's her. Besides, Negan doesn't know Maggie is pregnant!

Negan kills a woman (Holly) in the GN. Kirkman confirmed it. He's just only blatantly said that he's against rape. Never anything about killing females

9. Silas

Silas Eating 112 oz. of Pudding
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    That's true. Plus they said it was twisted and dark, right? Well what's more twisted than bashing in the head of an expecting mother? A few other reasons I can't consider her seriously is because she isn't in the van. And also her hair. Which sounds dumb as fuck when I say it out loud but would they really go through the trouble of giving her a new do to look more like her comic counterpart just to kill her?

10. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Trust me, the hair is what I use to take Maggie off the table. I don't see them asking Lauren Cohan to cut it if she's just going to lose her job.

(But I do think her new 'do is rather fetching :buttermilk:)

Denie39, Silas and Mullet of Lies like this.
  11. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Hey, it could happen. Just sayin:rickgrin:

Doctor Grimes likes this.
  12. Canuckgirl

Canuckgirl Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    It was not a bat to the head though and done off-panel. She was basically sent as a bomb to the ASZ since she was zombified

13. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I considered Maggie. It makes the most sense to me as a truly shocking death. And the only person in TF that symbolizes hope more than Maggie (and her unbron child) is Judith (or Carl), maybe. The hair doesn't bother me because it could be a red herring. Comic readers would think the haircut meant she is going to Hilltop, and I think LC would cut her hair for the show. She looks good this way. But I strongly believe AMC wouldn't allow them to kill a pregnant woman this way.

I've considered Rosita and Sasha, but neither woman seems like they would matter to everyone. And, I think Negan would be attracted to all the women enough to want to keep them around.

Before the finale aired, and before there was confirmation it would be a cliffhanger, I lost sleep believing AL had decided to leave the show and Rick would be Negan's victim. I never considered Carl because I believe Carl is the person that keeps Rick going.

14. Mullet of Lies

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Right. But the point I was trying to make is that people will use "he won't kill a woman" as a set reason why I couldn't be Maggie (or Michonne or Rosita, frankly) when he has, in fact, killed a woman.

:negan::negan::negan::negan:

15. Doctor Grimes

Staff Member Admin

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I think he will kill a woman for sure, but batter their skull? Eh. I am not as convinced. Negan seems to have a soft-spot for women (dude has a harem), so I don't see him going to that extreme unless really pushed. But men? Yeah, I could see him getting a kick out of killing them.

16. balladsinthebluegrass

balladsinthebluegrass Hold to things that are bright.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I feel 99.9% sure it is Aaron.
    Gimple shoved his character onto that RV just so he could be there to take the bat.

17. zahira

zahira Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    if it's Aaron or eugene the lucilled one so gimple fucked us sorry for the language:gabe:

Denie39 and Mousey like this.
  18. balladsinthebluegrass

balladsinthebluegrass Hold to things that are bright.
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Gimp should have taken out a heavy player like Glenn or Daryl. But I am almost sure he did not.

19. Mullet of Lies

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    This thread is bumming me out, ya'll.

I'll go back to the dock, with my first class ticket in hand, and wait for S.S. Darcille.

[​IMG]

DaisyRey, Mousey and Doctor Grimes like this.
  20. Clutterbuck

Clutterbuck Finding Bigfoot™
    Staff Member Moderator Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    A-A-Ron is the only "unexpected" person I could see getting the bat, but if it's him I will laugh myself into a coma. :|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.