1. Welcome to Tell It to the Dead. We're a discussion forum for AMC's The Walking Dead. Please don't hesitate to ping staff with any questions or concerns. Have fun and watch out for walkers!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion/Meta The Unusual Suspects: Maybe Negan Killed Someone We're Not Expecting?

Discussion in 'Speculation Archive' started by Doctor Grimes, Apr 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danaisbestie

Danaisbestie Rick's ride or die
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    They all got payback for what they did in the finale except Morgan because he wasn't there. That's why Carol was shot and everyone else was in the lineup. Tara losing Denise was her payback. Father G is the only one that hasn't gotten anything yet but Negan hasn't hit Asz yet so his turn is coming. Carl is the only exception to that since he didn't participate that's why nothing will happen to him. He was in that lineup to interact with Negan as setup for Season 7 and to see his dad fall to his knees.

Katbird and slade3 like this.
  2. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:

I agree with you but also at the time he made this statement after the Claimers he thought that Judith was dead. Not this say that this diminishes Carl, but to say that he still has a little hope to keep his baby girl alive. Not all will be lost.

Rick is the reluctant hero. He did not ask to be leader... more like he was chosen to be leader. I read somewhere that Gimple based Rick's character on Cincinnatus.

But I think it is time now to build a real civilisation and this is a hard lesson that Rick must learn, also they have been beating us over the head with this moral dilemma for the past two seasons, particuary with Morgan and then Carol.

Katbird and WoodEroc76 like this.
  3. WoodEroc76

WoodEroc76 Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    I'm hoping that it is really Daryl and that they don't give the Negan story to Daryl. The Darcille theory seems solid to me and Daryl was going out for payback, too. The story with Dwight had a beginning, middle and end. Daryl got caught. There may have been some stuff that got cut from last season featuring Carl, though. The last real scenes he had before the finale were about Lori really and him with Michonne (his new mom) and Judith. He mentioned his eye to Rick and that's all we heard about that. They could easily turn everything around and get rid of Carl. I hope they didn't, but can see where they could. Everybody in the lineup has evidence against them, some stronger than others, though.

Danaisbestie and Barbarossa-TWD like this.
  4. Appetence

Appetence Eternally failing at productivity bc TITTD
    Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Can anyone make out the author of the "Payback" novel?

This is making me crazy.

5. ATWDEnthusiast

ATWDEnthusiast Wearing a Necklace of Ears
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    This is what I originally thought too, that Carl was there to see Rick defeated and weakened. Hopefully that's still all it is. But I hadn't seen any of the foreshadowing for Carl until @WoodEroc76 pointed it out, because I was looking at everyone else. Lets hope this was just set up to throw us off of the scent of the real victim.

But honestly, no one's going to hurt like losing Carl would ( well except the other members of Grimes 2.0, of course. But everyone else, nah...)

WoodEroc76 likes this.
  6. ATWDEnthusiast

ATWDEnthusiast Wearing a Necklace of Ears
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    I just read the Wikipedia entry for Cincinnatus. :unsure: If it's true, that doesn't bode well for Carl either.

WoodEroc76 likes this.
  7. lovingdead

lovingdead The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    That's why I'm saying he would maybe want to leave the show. NYU is excellent for film. I wouldn't waste my undergrad at a Georgia school with less acclaim.

8. Barbarossa-TWD

Barbarossa-TWD Ricktator

Walker Pets:
    Frankly, I think it is prefect timing for Chandler to leave. He can go to college and if he wants to come back he can come back as an adult actor.

Tisha Grimes and WoodEroc76 like this.
  9. slade3

slade3 The New Mrs. Grimes
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    There are so many reasons I hope Carl isn't our Unusual Suspect:

1) I believe Carl keeps Rick going. Without Carl, I believe Rick would have given up a long time ago. Rick loves Judith. Rick loves Michonne. Rick loves TF. But Carl is the reason he fights and survives. Maybe Michonne would keep Rick going if Carl died, but something would be lost in this story for me. Because as much as I love him, I think Rick is thisclose to losing his sh*t completely. I don't think the show could convince me that anyone would be able to help him hold on to his sanity if he had to watch his son's head obliterated by a baseball bat.

2) Back to the point I made the other day: It would be character assassination for me if Rick and Michonne did not get up and kill Negan, baseball bat mid-swing, if he went for Carl. In the finale, Rick screams out "Enough of this!" when Negan starts taunting Carl. Negan's earlier warning be damned. Rick and Michonne would kill Negan and the Saviors would take out the entire lineup. If TPTB want me to believe otherwise, I'm clearly watching the wrong show. I hate when shows retcon and I tend to walk away when they do. I've never loved a ship like Richonne, but a willingness to character-assassinate always means I can't trust anything I've been told in prior seasons. (They already started it when Rick told Morgan he agreed with Carol's decision to kill David and Karen. If that wasn't a retcon, I don't know what is. And I gave them the side-eye for it.)

3) Please don't kill Rick's son a few episodes after Rick has sex with Michonne. Joss Whedon once said he created Buffy to protect the little blonde girl who goes into a dark alley and gets killed in every horror movie. He said one of the distinguishing features of the blonde girl in the alley is that she actually had sex and it seemed she had to be punished for it. It's not just the blonde girl that has to be punished after having sex, but that's where Whedon's head was and it was his show. I'm sure we can come up with plenty of instances. Remember The Good Wife? What happened after
    Alicia and Will had sex? Alicia's daughter went missing. As soon as Alicia got the call, I knew Alicia and Will would not become a couple on the show. Her daughter was fine, but Alicia immediately blamed her own desire to have sex with Will on the incident and
    yet another message was sent into the world that a woman should be punished for having sex for fun. I can hear it now: Carl's death is Rick's punishment for bedding Michonne.

I hope TPTB wouldn't taint this beautiful Richonne relationship with the death of Rick's child so soon after they became cannon.

4) I believe TPTB would LV a kid before they'd LV a Black woman or a pregnant woman, but I don't think they'd LV this kid.

5) Enid can't be the only teen on the show. I have no problem with her, but she's not that interesting on her own.

6) Even though I now believe Gimple, etc. are changing things around after the finale, I'm still holding on to Gimple's comment that season 7 will be very dark, but there will be light moments eventually. I'm holding on to Danai saying "Hang in there." The death of Carl would not allow for any light moments for Richonne and it would not warrant a "hang in there" from the woman who plays Michonne.

7) I really want Rick, Michonne, Carl and Judith to take this to series end. Or, I want them to end together, deciding to settle somewhere even if others decide to keep moving on and the show continues without them. I know how unlikely that is, but why take that hope from me in season 7? At least give me another couple of seasons with Grimes Family 2.0. At least give me that moment Carl goes to Michonne for advice about sex with Enid, or some other awkward thing he knows his dad will not be able to help him with!

Katbird, candi18z, winter and 2 others like this.
  10. Danaisbestie

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner

I think the fact that he is choosing a local school over the school of his choice and one that would be better for his career means he's doesn't want to leave. Why would he be on a show if it was keeping him from where he wants to go unless he's already made the decision to stick it out?

11. Danaisbestie

Patron Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    What do you think they are changing after the finale?

12. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I am one of those that think Rick has lost the least. His only really big big loss was Lori. And Shane too. Most of the others have lost their whole families and Rick still has his plus a new women. Yes Rick has suffered but everyone else has to if not worse. This is just my opinion though.

13. slade3

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    I believe the original plan was for the Negan arc to go to Carl and Michonne. It still may, but what we've learned from TSDF does seem to indicate Daryl is getting some of that arc. Discussed it yesterday (or Thursday) in a different thread, I think. I'll see if I can find it.

ETA:
    Vent Box: Captive at Sanctuary
    Scroll up a bit. This link takes you to the discussion in progress for some reason.

#153 slade3, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    Danaisbestie and zahira like this.
  14. zahira

zahira Ricktator
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    From TSDF does seem to indicate to me that Daryl is getting the arc of Eugene

15. slade3

Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    Of Eugene? Oh, wait,
    he's captured, isn't he?
    I'll have to read his wiki again.

16. WoodEroc76

WoodEroc76 Watchtower Sniper

Walker Pets:
    It could still be Glenn because of him breaking a chain with the bat in 5.09 & Aaron not being able to break the chain 6.16...Rick told Glenn to break the chain with the bat in 5.09 Rick told Aaron he couldn't break the chain in 6.16 The scene with the hanged man is the biggest hole in the Carl theory. I couldn't find any way to tie that scene to Carl. Aaron, Daryl & now Glenn.
    :|
    No...........................................................

Or, Carl gets Lucille and Glenn gets hanged? Sasha & Abe die in the aftermath. Package deal...

#156 WoodEroc76, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    winter likes this.
  17. zahira

zahira Ricktator
    Bunker Resident

Walker Pets:
    yes he is in the comic , that's why i don't think he will take eugene and carl's arc too but who knows :dalewtf:

18. candi18z

candi18z Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I agree, because that would explain RD's spoilers about a Negan/Rick roadtrip. I think that the hanging victim will be already dead when Rick/Negan get there. The Saviors will hang the victim at the same time someone from the lineup get Lucilled.

In my opinion, I think the hanging victim will be someone from TF that wasn't in the lineup. I think that the Saviors will hang Father Gabriel Father Gabriel being hung could lead Rick to believe that The Saviors have Judith, which is why he has a breakdown. But, Father Gabriel will probably hide Judith before he is taken by The Saviors. But, Rick will not know that Judith is safe and will assume the worst. Rick will probably try to kill Negan which will lead to his beating.

I think that the Lucille victim is either Glenn or Abe and the hanging victim is Father Gabriel.

Katbird and slade3 like this.
  19. Tisha Grimes

Tisha Grimes Stay Strong
    Patron

Walker Pets:
    Custom Banner
    This is my thought too.

20. candi18z

candi18z Awaiting Job from Deanna

Walker Pets:
    I agree with everything in this post.

slade3 likes this.